Author Topic: Steve Bannon is out at White House  (Read 4917 times)

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Steve Bannon is out at White House
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2017, 07:35:22 pm »
On it.

I wish Trump would speak to the American people, say at a rally, and genuinely ask Americans, shout out to all the Americans who disagree with him, if they truly want a big, nanny government to control them, like other countries have, ask them if they realize they seem to be asking for a Non America, a country the Founders did not create. That he is fighting for a SMALL government, more FREEDOM for the people, even if freedom is risky. Our souls cry out for it. We are strong enough as Americans to take on the risk of freedom and he wants it for every man woman, child and other. Lol. And ask them if they realize they seem to be asking for totalitarianism.

217 posted on 8/18/2017, 2:01:12 PM by Yaelle (We have a Crisis of Information in this country. Our enemies hold the megaphone.)

Other??
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Oceander

« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2017, 07:49:41 pm »
Mike Pence is nervous.

He's the only one there who can't be fired (by the president, at least).

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2017, 07:50:13 pm »
I wish these were real accounts because this is funny.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2017, 08:01:23 pm »
    All you damn Conservatives better get back on that Train, now is not the time to second guess our Leaders Chess playing ability!

Conservatives react with fury to Bannon's departure

By Jonathan Easley - 08/18/17 02:26 PM EDT

A number of conservatives expressed fury and dismay on Friday after news broke that President Trump has parted ways with his chief strategist, Stephen Bannon.

Bannon is a hero on the right and credited with harnessing Trump’s message of economic populism during the campaign.

The chief strategist had been involved in a nasty tug-of-war with what his allies view as the “globalist” wing of the White House, represented by Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn and national security adviser H.R. McMaster.

On Friday, conservatives lashed out at what they viewed as Trump selling out his base and surrendering to those "liberal" forces.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/347123-conservatives-react-with-fury-over-bannons-departure

Oh brother!

And those conservatives aren't really conservatives. 

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2017, 08:02:46 pm »
Other??
@Polly Ticks
At least it wasn't "miscellaneous."

As for the poster you cited talking about whether Donaldus Minimus would take up a fight against big
government, the answer alas seems to be no. He never really addressed it on the campaign trail; he
never quite equated "draining the swamp" with arresting big government's metastasis, never mind
turning the malignancy back to irrevocable remission.

Aside from which, most calls from TOS on behalf of big government's arrest and dissipation should
be taken with a pillar of salt, never mind a grain of it. They became the classic case of big
government for me, but not for thee
during the George W. Bush era, and their cries against
big government during the regime of His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama
Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the
United States, were the essence of hypocrisy.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2017, 08:09:32 pm »
@Polly Ticks
At least it wasn't "miscellaneous."

As for the poster you cited talking about whether Donaldus Minimus would take up a fight against big
government, the answer alas seems to be no. He never really addressed it on the campaign trail; he
never quite equated "draining the swamp" with arresting big government's metastasis, never mind

Aside from which, most calls from TOS on behalf of big government's arrest and dissipation should
be taken with a pillar of salt, never mind a grain of it. They became the classic case of big
government for me, but not for thee
during the George W. Bush era, and their cries against
big government during the regime of His Excellency Al-Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama
Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been Life President of the Republic Formerly Known as the
United States, were the essence of hypocrisy.

They made it very clear early on that they wanted a dictator who would use the full force of government to make their dreams come true. Some even advocated suspending the constitution so Trump could "do what needs to be done".

When JimKnob joined them is when I walked away without a word. I could tell them to go to hell but it seems that they want to create it for themselves.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2017, 08:16:30 pm »

Trump didn't begin using the term "drain the swamp" until less than a month before the election.  Yet that term had been falsely tied to him for over a year prior (primarily by posters at TOS).  It was a false narrative, plain and simple.  Someone in the campaign must have run across that phrase while scrolling through FR for the first time and decided to plug it into one of Trump's speeches.

That is the part that killed me during the primaries.  A false narrative of Trump was projected for over a year.  Yet anyone pointing out that the emperor had no clothes was promptly ostracized by the Trump zealots embracing the big lie.

It galls me to no end that we could have had a real Conservative like Ted Cruz in the white house right now.  Someone like Cruz may come around maybe once every generation.  And people who were once Conservatives turned up the hate against Cruz as if they were Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2017, 09:04:49 pm »
Yates
Flynn
Walsh
Bharara
Comey
Dubke
Shaub
Corralo
Spicer
Short
Priebus
Mooch

What an exciting premiere of 'I hire only the best people' the finale with Bannon's canning was prima, can't wait for season 2.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2017, 09:36:05 pm »
So who gets custody of Sean Hannity?

@Cripplecreek

Lol

I just looked at his Twitter---he sounds as crazy as Alex Jones.

"Tick tock, tick tock.  More ticks coming.  Major pieces falling into place.  MAJOR!"

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2017, 09:47:20 pm »
Trump just needs to cut to the chase and hire Josh Earnest as his press secretary.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2017, 10:59:07 pm »
They made it very clear early on that they wanted a dictator who would use the full force of government to make their dreams come true. Some even advocated suspending the constitution so Trump could "do what needs to be done".
Just as there were those over there who advocated likewise during the Bush II administration. (Remember "the adults
are running the show?" What a laugh coming from people preferring we should be docile, servile infants under a Big
Daddy/Big Mommy government.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2017, 11:00:02 pm »
Yet anyone pointing out that the emperor had no clothes was promptly ostracized by the Trump zealots embracing the big lie.
They must have thought someone was embracing public nudity. ;)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2017, 11:06:27 pm »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2017, 11:09:38 pm »
Quote from: Weird Tolkienish Figure
“The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over,” Bannon said Friday, shortly after confirming his departure. “We still have a huge movement, and we will make something of this Trump presidency. But that presidency is over. It’ll be something else. And there’ll be all kinds of fights, and there’ll be good days and bad days, but that presidency is over.”

Thank God for that.  Maybe now we can get some competent Conservative leadership instead of the kindergarten tweetfest of the last several months.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2017, 11:12:12 pm »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2017, 12:16:52 am »
AUG 2016 - "I’m going to surround myself only with the best and most serious people. We want top of the line professionals."

Sally Yates, Deputy Attorney General - Fired JAN30
Michael Flynn, National Security Advisor - Fired FEB14
Craig Deare, National Security Council Senior Director - Fired FEB17
Preet Bharara, United States Attorney - Fired MAR11
Angella Reid, White House Chief Usher - Fired MAY05
James Comey, Director Of The FBI - Fired MAY09
Michael Dubke, White House Communications Director - Resigned MAY18
Sean Spicer, White House Press Secretary - Resigned JUL21
Michael Short, Assistant Press Secretary - Resigned, JUL25
Reince Priebus, White House Chief of Staff - Fired JUL28
Anthony Scaramucci - Communications Director - Fired 31JUL
Stephen Bannon, White House Chief Strategist - Fired 18AUG (or quit 14AUG depending on who you ask)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2017, 12:25:58 am »
AUG 2016 - "I’m going to surround myself only with the best and most serious people. We want top of the line professionals."

Stephen Bannon, White House Chief Strategist - Fired 18AUG (or quit 14AUG depending on who you ask)

No worries.  He replaced Mooch with a shy 28 year old former model.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/everything-need-know-hope-hicks-new-white-house-communications-director-232853975.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2017, 01:17:47 am »
No worries.  He replaced Mooch with a shy 28 year old former model.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/everything-need-know-hope-hicks-new-white-house-communications-director-232853975.html
I hear there are a few modeling agencies now advertising themselves as offering temp work in the White House. ;)

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2017, 02:20:50 am »
LOL, I didn't think about Little Sean. Almost makes me want to listen today.. almost.

Thankfully, I don't have the chance to listen to Mark Davis in the mornings. I get to work at 6, after dropping my son off for (gasp) football practice.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2017, 11:37:11 am »
Bannon's parting Opus was ugly, dangerous, and deserved IMMEDIATE comment from DT   Instead, silence and no comments from DT at all.
The comments on North Korea were frighteningly ignorant considering the lunacy of Un.   Rather than DT speaking out he sent other spokesmen.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2017, 12:01:15 pm »
Just as there were those over there who advocated likewise during the Bush II administration. (Remember "the adults
are running the show?" What a laugh coming from people preferring we should be docile, servile infants under a Big
Daddy/Big Mommy government.)

@EasyAce

@kimguilfoyle: In order to have a free & safe society you have to be willing to give up some...freedoms so you can be properly protected.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/898363157466542084
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 12:01:45 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2017, 02:37:52 pm »

Who, on that list, do you object to being fired?

@Sanguine
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2017, 02:40:02 pm »
Who, on that list, do you object to being fired?

@Sanguine

Me?  Rogues gallery if I ever saw one.  Bannon is the only one I have any reservations about.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2017, 02:54:41 pm »
Me?  Rogues gallery if I ever saw one.  Bannon is the only one I have any reservations about.

You and @AbaraXas. Just asking.

I asked earlier if there are any "good ones" out there willing to take on the job(s). Are there? I'm having doubts.