Author Topic: Senator Tim Scott: President Trump’s “Moral Authority Is Compromised” by Charlottesville Comments  (Read 764 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.redstate.com/patterico/2017/08/17/senator-tim-scott-president-trumps-moral-authority-compromised-charlottesville-comments/

Vice News interviewed Senator Tim Scott today, and Senator Scott had some criticism for Donald Trump’s recent comments about Charlottesville:

<video at link>

SEN. SCOTT: I am not going to defend the indefensible. I’m not here to do that. I’m here to be clear, and to be concise and succinct. His comments on Monday were strong. His comments on Tuesday started erasing the comments that were strong. What we want to see from our president is clarity and moral authority. And that moral authority is compromised when Tuesday happens. There’s no question about that. We should all call that on the carpet. I certainly have.

Senator Scott is an Establishment shill and he has to go, and I am happy to tell you he is up for re-election in 2018.  If Republicans can drop Scott, and McCain kicks it, and they purge one more RINO Senator, then I think the GOP has a chance to once again be a solid and cohesive voice of opposition to the tyranny of Washington DC. :patriot:

Offline dfwgator

I think it's abundantly clear now, this is the strategy to drive out Trump, constantly making mountains out of molehills to frustrate Trump to the point where he just gives up. 

Offline roamer_1

LOL! No it doesn't!

He doesn't have any moral authority in the first place.