Author Topic: Trump: 'Sad' to See 'Beautiful Statues and Monuments' Removed  (Read 656 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: 'Sad' to See 'Beautiful Statues and Monuments' Removed
« on: August 17, 2017, 01:58:32 pm »
By Bill Hoffmann   |   Thursday, 17 Aug 2017 09:39 AM

In an extraordinary set of tweets Thursday morning, President Donald said he was sorry that Confederate monuments were bring removed from public spaces all over the country, calling the slavery-linked artifacts “beautiful statues” and saying the moves were “foolish.”

Shortly after 10 a.m., Trump said on Twitter:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Sad to see the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments. You.....
8:07 AM - Aug 17, 2017

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

...can't change history, but you can learn from it. Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson - who's next, Washington, Jefferson? So foolish! Also...
8:15 AM - Aug 17, 2017

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

...the beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!
8:21 AM - Aug 17, 2017

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-monuments-remove/2017/08/17/id/808165/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bolobaby

Re: Trump: 'Sad' to See 'Beautiful Statues and Monuments' Removed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 02:02:36 pm »
The left will just replace them with statues of Harvey Milk and Bruce... uh... Caitlin... uh... whatever Jenner.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 02:07:43 pm »
Aww geeze

Now I'm going to have to go over there and use his TL to remind people what he said about them in 2015.  :silly:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 02:13:19 pm »
Aww geeze

Now I'm going to have to go over there and use his TL to remind people what he said about them in 2015.  :silly:

Do tell.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 02:15:34 pm »
Let's not forget that a purpose of permitting such monuments in the first place was to promote reconciliation and healing.  Has that noble purpose now been forgotten?     

As I've noted before, the compromise that makes sense to me is to remove memorials to politicians who drove the South to rebellion over the abominable issue of slavery,  but retain the memorials to the men who fought and died in the politicians' war.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 02:18:51 pm »
Let's not forget that a purpose of permitting such monuments in the first place was to promote reconciliation and healing.  Has that noble purpose now been forgotten?     

As I've noted before, the compromise that makes sense to me is to remove memorials to politicians who drove the South to rebellion over the abominable issue of slavery,  but retain the memorials to the men who fought and died in the politicians' war.   

Do you honestly think the left wants reconciliation and healing?

Or total destruction or their enemies?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 02:19:55 pm »

Agree. No Jeff Davis statues.

BTW saw The Free State of Jones last night. Excellent movie and its clear why it was panned by critics.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 02:31:16 pm »

The democrat war on statues!

Governor Cuomo ordered a study of all NYS monuments with an eye towards erasing history — mayor de Blasio doing the same for NYC. This is gonna be fun, folks! watching the 'rats ensure their own 2018 electoral defeat!

Whenever the democrats go crazy over race, they lose. They went nuts attacking Reagan as a racist, and we know how well that worked out for them.

Invest in statue and popcorn companies.