Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz Blasts White Nationalists in Charlottesville as ‘Idiots’  (Read 752 times)

Offline libertybele

??? What about the alt-left Ted ??? Aren't they idiots as well??

Sen. Ted Cruz Blasts White Nationalists in Charlottesville as ‘Idiots’

Sen. Ted Cruz laid into the white nationalists who descended on Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend, blasting them Wednesday as "idiots."

"The Nazis and Klansmen and white supremacists who gathered there — they're racists, they're bigots, they're idiots," Cruz said before a town hall in Katy, Texas. "And they're spreading lies."

Cruz, R-Texas, was one of the first elected officials on Saturday to implore the Justice Department to investigate the horrific car-ramming that killed one of the counter-protesters, Heather Heyer, calling the killing a "grotesque act of domestic terrorism." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/sen-ted-cruz-blasts-white-nationalists-charlottesville-idiots-n793366
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Well they aren't exactly geniuses.

Inbreeding for purity will do that.

Offline dfwgator

Oh, I think some of them knew exactly what they were doing.   

Mind you, I'm not saying all of them.   

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:10:33 pm by dfwgator »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No one's arguing with you Senator, so this is easy.  Tell us what you think of Antifa and BLM.

Silver Pines

Sen. Ted Cruz Blasts White Nationalists in Charlottesville as ‘Idiots’

Sen. Ted Cruz laid into the white nationalists who descended on Charlottesville, Virginia, over the weekend, blasting them Wednesday as "idiots."

"The Nazis and Klansmen and white supremacists who gathered there — they're racists, they're bigots, they're idiots," Cruz said before a town hall in Katy, Texas. "And they're spreading lies."

Cruz, R-Texas, was one of the first elected officials on Saturday to implore the Justice Department to investigate the horrific car-ramming that killed one of the counter-protesters, Heather Heyer, calling the killing a "grotesque act of domestic terrorism." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/sen-ted-cruz-blasts-white-nationalists-charlottesville-idiots-n793366

@libertybele

You're right.  I've never heard Ted Cruz talk about the left.  I'd really like to hear what he thinks about them.

Offline dfwgator

@libertybele

You're right.  I've never heard Ted Cruz talk about the left.  I'd really like to hear what he thinks about them.

When the Truth comes out and it's "safe" to talk about the left, then they'll say they knew it all along.  Gutless wonders all of them.

Silver Pines

I see TOS is back to Lyin' Cruznadian C*ck Tool POS Ted, lol. 

Silver Pines

When the Truth comes out and it's "safe" to talk about the left, then they'll say they knew it all along.  Gutless wonders all of them.

@dfwgator

Yes, exactly what I was saying.  Cruz has long been known for his gutlessness and his fear of taking stands.  For once, he needs to tell us what he thinks about the left. 

Offline aligncare

I can think of a few other things to call them, too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Senator Cruz is really going out on a limb here.

Offline Cripplecreek

Its really funny watching people declare how bravely Trump stands up to those wanting to tear down all the confederate symbolism when the reality is that he doesn't support keeping them. What they're choosing to believe is the lie that the left is telling them and Trump is happy to oblige and let them believe.

After the Charleston church shooting....

Donald Trump tees off on the Confederate flag

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-tees-off-on-the-confederate-flag/

"I think they should put it in the museum and let it go," Trump said of the flag during an appearance at his new golf course in the Washington, D.C. suburbs. "Respect whatever it is you have to respect, because it was a point in time, and put it in a museum. But I would take it down. Yes."

You can buy a Trump/confederate flag outside a Trump rally but don't try flying it inside.

At a Donald Trump Rally, a Confederate Flag Goes Up, and Quickly Comes Down

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/12/us/politics/confederate-flag-trump-rally.html

KISSIMMEE, Fla. — About an hour before Donald J. Trump was set to address a large crowd here on Thursday, Brandon Partin, a Trump supporter, draped a Confederate flag over the front rail just to the right of the stage.

But the flag didn’t remain up for long. As Sharon Day, a co-chairman of the Republican National Committee, delivered her introductory remarks, a campaign staff member and the local police moved to remove the flag.

Three police officers stood on the floor tugging gently at the flag, indicating that it had to come down. Mr. Partin, 27, grew irritated that he had to remove it. He had just purchased the flag outside the event, and “Trump 2016” was printed on it.

Then there is the cognitive dissonance of those who realized that Trump took the PC stance but bravely did it despite what people might think.....or something.

How the Rebel Flag Rose Again—and Is Helping Trump

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/06/2016-donald-trump-south-confederate-flag-racism-charleston-shooting-213954

“I’m voting for him despite that [his statement about the flag],” says Boone. “The reason I’ll vote for Trump is probably the reason I feel most of the country is going to vote for him: They’re sick of the political correctness. We’re so worried about the minority getting their feelings hurt, with the flag, with transgender bathrooms and all that. Sometimes, the minority has to understand that their feelings get hurt too, and majority rules most of the time.”  :pondering:  **nononono*  :silly:

BTW, the Cruz campaign took the correct federalist stance and declared it to be an issue for the people of South Carolina to decide.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:16:01 pm by Cripplecreek »

Online Hoodat

And Cruz did all that without even mentioning Trump.  How refreshing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

There's a misconception that anyone fighting fascism, NAZI ism, racism are assumed to be good people whose motives should never be questioned. Too many people fall into that trap. But groups like ANTIFA would and have crushed any dissent as quickly and violently as the groups they fight
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:31:56 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cripplecreek

There's a misconception that anyone fighting fascism, NAZI ism, racism are assumed to be good people whose motives should never be questioned. Too many people fall into that trap. But groups like ANTIFA would and have crush any dissent as quickly and violently as the groups they fight

If Hitler had never come to power we might very well look at him as a clownish side note in history while seeing Ernst Thälmann as the man who killed millions so he could give Europe to Stalin.