Author Topic: Every Republican must sign a censure of the president...By Jennifer Rubin  (Read 1834 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Don't worry, after the GOP gets routed in the 2018 midterms Trump will have a Congress run by liberals with whom he can "do business" even though they'll put on a good show and make it look like they're fighting with each other.

@Oceander

I am sure that is your dream,but you are doomed to be as disappointed then as you were on election night.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

@RoosGirl

Why else do you think this coordinated mass attack is being made on him by the media and both branches of the ruling party? Trump wants to tip over their apple carts,and it scares the hell out of them.

He may want to now, but he pretty clearly was willing to play ball with the establishment in the beginning. They just couldn't allow it.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Lie.

If we had nominated Cruz, he would have wiped the floor with Hillary.

Evidence: the American people were so desperate for the NOT-Hillary candidate they elected the buffoon Trump.

Period.

@bolobaby

Was there some Cruz running I'm not aware of? The only one I know of is a weasel that gets wood at being bi-partisan.

Offline bolobaby

@bolobaby

Was there some Cruz running I'm not aware of? The only one I know of is a weasel that gets wood at being bi-partisan.

@sneakypete

The canard is that it was Trump or bust. We could have stopped this Trump crap well before he was nominated.

As to your crappy opinion of Cruz, I don't care.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Oceander

@Oceander

I am sure that is your dream,but you are doomed to be as disappointed then as you were on election night.

@sneakypete

I'd love to be disappointed.  So far though, I haven't been wrong about what a disaster Trump is.

Offline Night Hides Not

Every time I find myself wanting to distance from Trump, his opponents do something that puts me right back in his corner.

Me, too. I may not be "in his corner", though...just a bit more sympathetic.

His chickens are coming home to roost, after the way he savaged his opponents in the primaries.

The Trump Train is now a Trump ship, in the middle of an ocean, rudderless.

Really reminds me of the SS Valdez in Waterworld.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:15:16 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@bolobaby

I think you're thinking of the wrong guy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I'd love to be disappointed.  So far though, I haven't been wrong about what a disaster Trump is.

@Oceander

Cheer up. Mini-Hillary seems to be getting plastic surgery and making noises like she is going to run to save America some time in the near future,and you can vote for her.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think you're thinking of the wrong guy.

@jmyrlefuller

Have you noticed what he has been saying and how he has been acting recently?

Offline RetBobbyMI

More Media war BS against America.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline dfwgator

Me, too. I may not be "in his corner", though...just a bit more sympathetic.

His chickens are coming home to roost, after the way he savaged his opponents in the primaries.

The Trump Train is now a Trump ship, in the middle of an ocean, rudderless.

Really reminds me of the SS Valdez in Waterworld.

Yeah, but, if so,  at least I pray Trump takes his enemies down with him, and we can start fresh.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Yeah, but, if so,  at least I pray Trump takes his enemies down with him, and we can start fresh.
Even if one is no Trump "supporter", we have to agree that draining the swamp is the right thing to do.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl

Why else do you think this coordinated mass attack is being made on him by the media and both branches of the ruling party? Trump wants to tip over their apple carts,and it scares the hell out of them.

Honestly I don't know what to believe anymore @sneakypete I think the butter done slipped off all their noodles.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I think people will backlash over the monuments because they are now talking about slave owners as well that include Washington, Madison and Jefferson. There is such a thing as too far.

My antifa daughter graduated from James Madison. So ironic
Countdown to Resignation

Wingnut

Guess what?

Online Right_in_Virginia

I think people will backlash over the monuments because they are now talking about slave owners as well that include Washington, Madison and Jefferson. There is such a thing as too far.

My antifa daughter graduated from James Madison. So ironic

What is your daughter fighting against @Restored ...or for?  Do you discuss this with her?

Thanks.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
What is your daughter fighting against @Restored ...or for?  Do you discuss this with her?
Thanks.

Heck no, we don't discuss it. It's lunacy. She hasn't done any marches or anything. It's just a "thing" with millennials. They don't believe in that whole free speech idea.
Countdown to Resignation

Online Right_in_Virginia

Heck no, we don't discuss it. It's lunacy. She hasn't done any marches or anything. It's just a "thing" with millennials. They don't believe in that whole free speech idea.

Wow.  Okay, thanks.

Wingnut

Heck no, we don't discuss it.

I remember the discussion my father had with me when I said I was driving up to Madison to burn my draft card at a rally.....
Well, I remember everything up till I didn't go to Wisconsin.....

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
She is a child of privilege. She got a free college degree because the evil 529 Patriarchy paid for it. When she came home after graduation, she had to be informed that we had not changed.

But I remember being wrong at that age too. You have to go through it and no one can walk it for you.  I always wanted her to be involved in politics and I didn't care if she was liberal or conservative. I didn't expect Fascist though. Alt-left fascism is very in vogue with Millennials. It is almost possible to see why the Holocaust happened. They believe they can justify violence or imprisonment for anyone who thinks differently. Hence, Antifa.
Countdown to Resignation