Author Topic: Trump abruptly ends manufacturing council after CEOs disband strategy and policy forum  (Read 878 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
After an exodus of CEOs from the President's Manufacturing Council and business leaders' abrupt decision to dissolve the Strategic and Policy Council, President Donald Trump tweeted Wednesday that he would end both.....

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/trump-abruptly-ends-manufacturing-council-after-ceos-disband-strategy-and-policy-forum.html

Online dfwgator

Good. We shouldn't have had it in the first place.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump abruptly ends manufacturing council after CEOs disband strategy and policy forum
CNBC, Aug 16, 2017

After an exodus of CEOs from the President's Manufacturing Council and business leaders' abrupt decision to dissolve the Strategic and Policy Forum, President Donald Trump tweeted Wednesday that he would end both.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump 

Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!

10:14 AM - 16 Aug 2017

More:  https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/trump-abruptly-ends-manufacturing-council-after-ceos-disband-strategy-and-policy-forum.html

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
They didn't quit, I fired them!
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

I'm stunned by just how frightened our political and business leaders are. 

They didn't quit, I fired them!

He fired the ones left.   ^-^

I hope he reconfigures the group and resumes this.  But this is going to be quite a challenge considering the inordinate number of cowards we have in leadership roles.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump disbands economic councils as CEOs flee

By Niv Elis - 08/16/17 01:22 PM EDT

President Donald Trump on Wednesday disbanded two of his economic councils after a wave of defections from high-profile CEOs.

"Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!" Trump wrote in a tweet.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/346827-trump-disbands-economic-councils-amid-wave-of-defections
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

I'm stunned by just how frightened our political and business leaders are.

It's called the mighty dollar that lines their pockets.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
The less access those multi-national businesses have to law makers and the white house, the better.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He fired the ones left.   ^-^

I hope he reconfigures the group and resumes this.  But this is going to be quite a challenge considering the inordinate number of cowards we have in leadership roles.

Businesses don't like controversy, especially if it will affect share values.  It was pretty feeble for Trump to say 'well, they make their products overseas, anyway' after a couple resignations. 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Businesses don't like controversy, especially if it will affect share values.  It was pretty feeble for Trump to say 'well, they make their products overseas, anyway' after a couple resignations.

Smart businesses stay as neutral and non political as possible. They focus on their product or service only.

Online dfwgator

The Council was a bad idea in the first place.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

so much winning.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
so much winning.

So much Art of the Deal!

Wow.  Trump really showed us his skills to get the best deals for the people hasn't he?

With Business CEO's no less!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Sounds like they disbanded prior to Trump disbanding them.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So much Art of the Deal!

Wow.  Trump really showed us his skills to get the best deals for the people hasn't he?

With Business CEO's no less!

Now that these so-called "job creators" have reject President Trump, and by extension the American people, It will make it easier for God-Emperor Trump to federalized those businesses so he can protect those jobs for Americans.  All part of the plan.