Author Topic: Revisiting Condoleezza Rice's take on monuments to slaveowners  (Read 228 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Revisiting Condoleezza Rice's take on monuments to slaveowners
by Emily Jashinsky | Aug 15, 2017, 11:17 PM

After demonstrations surrounding the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue in Charlottesville, Va. devolved into deadly violence last weekend, the debate over whether monuments celebrating the Confederacy should remain standing was ignited once again.

The disgusting and craven white nationalists who rallied around Lee on Friday and Saturday deserve absolutely no validation whatsoever, but before the rally was even planned, one conservative leader broached a fresh take on the matter that's worth revisiting in light of recent events.

Asked about the value of preserving statues that honor slaveowners in a May interview on Fox News, Condoleezza Rice argued against what she called the "sanitizing" of history. "I am a firm believer in 'keep your history before you' and so I don't actually want to rename things that were named for slave owners," she said. "I want us to have to look at those names and recognize what they did and to be able to tell our kids what they did, and for them to have a sense of their own history."

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/revisiting-condoleezza-rices-take-on-monuments-to-slaveowners/article/2631669
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online dfwgator

Re: Revisiting Condoleezza Rice's take on monuments to slaveowners
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:43:13 pm »
Remember how the "Tolerant" Left treated her