Author Topic: The Group That Got Ignored in Charlottesville  (Read 322 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
The Group That Got Ignored in Charlottesville
« on: August 16, 2017, 04:10:03 pm »
By Ben Shapiro
http://www.dailywire.com/news/19782/group-got-ignored-charlottesville-ben-shapiro

The "alt-right" is evil. White supremacism is evil. Neo-Nazism is evil.

I've been saying these things my entire career; I've spent more than a year slamming various factions on
the right that refuse to disassociate from and condemn popularizers of the racist alt-right. The media, too,
have spent inordinate time covering the rise of the alt-right and tacit acquiescence to it from White House
chief strategist Steve Bannon and President Trump. So when an alt-right piece of human debris drove a
car at 40 mph into a crowd of protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, last Saturday, injuring 19 people and
killing a 32-year-old woman, the level of scrutiny on the alt-right forced Trump to condemn various alt-
right groups by name.

Good.

But the media have remained largely silent about another group: Antifa. Antifa is a loosely connected band
of anti-capitalist protesters generally on the far left who dub themselves "anti-fascist" after their compatriots
in Europe . . .

. . . In Charlottesville, Antifa engaged in street violence with the alt-right racists. As in Weimar, Germany,
fascists flying the swastika engaged in hand-to-hand combat with Antifa members flying the communist
red. And yet, the media declared that any negative coverage granted to Antifa would detract from the
obvious evils of the alt-right . . .

. . . Here's the moral solution, as always: Condemn violence and evil wherever it occurs. The racist
philosophy of the alt-right is evil. The violence of the alt-right is evil. The communist philosophy of Antifa
is evil. So is the violence of Antifa. If we are to survive as a republic, we must call out Nazis but not
punch them; we must stop providing cover to anarchists and communists who seek to hide behind self-
proclaimed righteousness to participate in violence. Otherwise, we won't be an honest or a free society.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline bolobaby

Re: The Group That Got Ignored in Charlottesville
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 06:41:26 pm »
No no no.

Rubio tweeted TODAY that violence against the alt-right is JUSTIFIED!

Know a bigot? Drag him into the street and beat him with bats! It's justified!

That baker doesn't want to bake a cake for the gay couple? Bigot! Beat them! JUSTIFIED!

Someone you know doesn't want to date the transgender person hitting on them? Must be transphobic! Hater! Bigot! Get the bats *and* the noose! JUSTIFIED!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 06:43:47 pm »
Rubio tweeted TODAY that violence against the alt-right is JUSTIFIED!
If he did, he's an ass, plain and simple.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 07:25:53 pm »
If he did, he's an ass, plain and simple.
Come on cut him some slack, he was probably dehydrate and not thinking clearly. I think he's dehydrated most of the time.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 07:26:15 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 02:10:02 am »
EasyAce wrote (regarding Rubio):
"If he did, he's an ass, plain and simple."

He's been one for quite some time.
This guy was actually a candidate for president, that folks right here were pushin' ...?

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 03:10:34 am »
EasyAce wrote (regarding Rubio):
"If he did, he's an ass, plain and simple."

He's been one for quite some time.
This guy was actually a candidate for president, that folks right here were pushin' ...?
Let's face it. Last year the crop of candidates on both sides, put together, was a dumper crop.
And when it came down to it we ended up with a national house on fire and no better choice
than between a pair of arsonists---one armed with a blow torch, one armed with a flame
thrower---to fight the fire.

Just another reason to be grateful that I could vote "none of these candidates" in my state.