Author Topic: Romney: Bigots and those fighting hate are 'not the same'  (Read 7024 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Romney: Bigots and those fighting hate are 'not the same'
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2017, 12:15:46 pm »
Romney seems to have overlooked the fact that the counter-demonstrators to the KKK and neo-Nazi contingent at Charlottesville were not generic opponents of racism, but the "Antifa" an anti-capitalist group who espouse an ideology of class-hatred, and who have launched riots in opposition to speeches by figures who are neither neo-Nazis nor Confederate irridentists.

But most of those who rallied against the alt-right in Charlottesville WERE lawfully opposing fascism, and intended to express their opposition peacefully.   Those who did not - the antifa - were distinguishable by their bearing arms and wearing masks. 

Of course, this was all theater, and the alt-right played their parts to the hilt.  A torchlight rally shouting anti-Semitic slogans (yeah, they were tiki torches but the symbolism to Nuremberg '36 was obvious)  is no way to garner sympathy for Southern monuments.  It is, however, a stick in the eye of the counterprotesters, who acted predictably,  and the larger community, who saw this as a rally rooted in simple racism and bigotry, not concern for Southern heritage.

The alt-right came to Charlottesville to cause trouble,  and found it.  The denouement, with a new civil rights martyr created at the hands of a brain-dead Nazi in a car,  will cost conservatism dearly,  unless folks like Romney and others speak out forcefully against alt-right hate.

The simple fact is that conservatives have been far more vocal in denouncing alt-right violence than liberals have been in denouncing alt-left violence.   I'm proud of that - and proud of Romney and other conservative leaders for speaking up.   Two wrongs never make a right.   

All and sundry should be also reminded that even lumping the estimates of deaths in African slave trade, the estimate of deaths due to colonialism, the Armenian genocide, death of American Indians due to intentional actions by settlers and various governments, Japanese Imperial brutality toward subject peoples and Naziism all together under the rubric of deaths caused by race-hatred, governments that committed mass murder on the basis of ideologies of class-hatred still have the larger body count (PRC, USSR, Khemer Rouge, and Cambodia alone outrun race-hatred driven murder even under the generous definition I used here, without adding in those who died at the hands of Communists in Yugoslavia, Vietnam, Laos, and the Soviet satellite states of Eastern Europe).

So left-wing fascists killed more people than right-wing fascists.  Who cares?   It's no defense of cowshit to proclaim that at least it's not oxshit.   It is all antithetical to American values, and the true patriot is he who denounces both sides,  and most forcefully those who claim to be on his own.   
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:19:52 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online dfwgator

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2017, 12:19:56 pm »
But what better optics to humiliate the alt-right than to show them marching with nobody around, making them look completely foolish.

But nooo,   the antifas and their ilk, know that the press is on their side, and will proclaim them to be the second-coming of the "White Rose". 

And then this is what you get......but it's sure good for ratings. in'it?  And good for politicians to get on the tube with their faux sanctimony.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:20:54 pm by dfwgator »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2017, 12:26:32 pm »
But what better optics to humiliate the alt-right than to show them marching with nobody around, making them look completely foolish.

But nooo,   the antifas and their ilk, know that the press is on their side, and will proclaim them to be the second-coming of the "White Rose". 

And then this is what you get......but it's sure good for ratings. in'it?

It's all theater.   And it's all good fun until someone gets killed, or private property gets destroyed.   Sober analysis will reveal that the tragedy of Charlottesville was largely the fault of negligent policing.   

In a news story this morning,  unemployment among young people (under age 24) is at its lowest point since 1969.   The best it's been in forty seven years!   And the stock market has never been higher,  and the coal industry is hiring again.    That's what's happening in the real world,  once you get past all the political theater that CNN and Fox News and folks on political discussion boards obsess over.   
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:27:41 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online dfwgator

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2017, 12:28:22 pm »
It's all theater.   And it's all good fun until someone gets killed, or private property gets destroyed.   Sober analysis will reveal that the tragedy of Charlottesville was largely the fault of negligent policing.   

In a news story this morning,  unemployment among young people (under age 24) is at its lowest point since 1969.   The best it's been in forty seven years!   And the stock market has never been higher,  and the coal industry is hiring again.    That's what's happening in the real world,  once you get past all the political theater that CNN and Fox News and folks on political discussion boards obsess over.   

The economy is Trump's saving grace.  People will overlook a lot of things if the economy is good.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2017, 02:36:36 pm »
The economy is Trump's saving grace.  People will overlook a lot of things if the economy is good.

Exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2017, 07:01:56 pm »
Well, you aren't speeding by... you are on the side of a road looking at a disaster you are partially responsible for. 
Exactly what is it that you are saying I am responsible for anyway?  Do you know anything at all regarding what I did or didn't do or are you simply regurgitating someone else's false representations

Give me the quote of what it is.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2017, 07:12:42 pm »
Except I didn't lie.  You can't show any post here where I have and you know it.

This is just becoming your go to response when you don't want to deal with difficult subject matter.

@txradioguy

My goto response?   Who raised it first?   hmmmmmmmmmm  It wasn't me.

When communicating you are responsible for your words.  If what you say isn't interpreted the way you intended then it is incumbent upon YOU to to clarify your meaning.   When someone says they didn't like Obama but they were glad his opponents didn't win then I stop reading.   I don't look for deeper meaning, I don't jump thru hoops to figure out if they really meant it.   

If your first response is to start throwing insults then you really aren't worth any more of my time.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2017, 07:16:48 pm »
@txradioguy

When communicating you are responsible for your words.  If what you say isn't interpreted the way you intended then it is incumbent upon YOU to to clarify your meaning.   When someone says they didn't like Obama but they were glad his opponents didn't win then I stop reading.   I don't look for deeper meaning, I don't jump thru hoops to figure out if they really meant it.   

If your first response is to start throwing insults then you really aren't worth any more of my time.

Ah, Grasshopper...quick study, you are!   888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2017, 10:28:20 pm »

Thanks for a glimpse into the real world.  We should all visit it sometime.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2017, 10:31:28 pm »
Exactly what is it that you are saying I am responsible for anyway?  Do you know anything at all regarding what I did or didn't do or are you simply regurgitating someone else's false representations

Give me the quote of what it is.

You and all the self-satisfied purists who refused to vote for flawed Republican candidates, even though the only other choice was an evil leftist who we knew would attempt to destroy our country as we knew it... and by the way, almost succeeded ... are responsible for the 8 years prior to this recent election.

Get it?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2017, 10:48:31 pm »
 :thumbsup2:
Oh REALLY?  Then why is the "legitimate" left supporting, endorsing and defending the alt-left?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2017, 11:49:14 pm »
You and all the self-satisfied purists who refused to vote for flawed Republican candidates, even though the only other choice was an evil leftist who we knew would attempt to destroy our country as we knew it... and by the way, almost succeeded ... are responsible for the 8 years prior to this recent election.

Get it?
Where is the quote from me that backs up what you just said?

What's the matter, can't find it?

Because you just lied that I said it.

Agenda-driven libs work the same way. 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2017, 11:59:18 pm »
And DT is mourning the loss of the statue.  Not a word about the murdered woman and all those other injured by the Nazi driver.
PATHETIC

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2017, 12:03:12 am »
Where is the quote from me that backs up what you just said?

What's the matter, can't find it?

Because you just lied that I said it.

Agenda-driven libs work the same way.

Here it is.

"They were also disasters.  If they had been elected, we would have even further back than the 'compassionate conservatism' of W.

With McCain, it was open borders 8 years ago.  With Romney, it would have been pacification of all the interests which hate conservatives.

With Obama, we see the true face of liberalism in full display, and ultimately, we get enough Americans who do not want the watered-down version of conservatism. 

We do not need to be in middle of the road as you get run over.  I want to be in the fast lane, speeding by the opposition at full throttle on the right, rather than the left which is a head-on waiting to happen."

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2017, 12:15:13 am »
But this is true in every election.  Choices.  This time it was Hillary or Trump.  Last time it was Romney or Obama.  Before that it was McCain or Obama.

We would be MUCH better off if we had rejected Obama both times.  We'd have plenty to gripe about in our Republican leaders but they would not have set the country back decades both by encouraging racism and enacting Obamacare.

I agree.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2017, 01:14:45 am »
The alt-right came to Charlottesville to cause trouble,  and found it.

The "alt-right" had been in Charlottesville for a month.  Their assemblies began back on July 8.  So no, they didn't come to cause trouble.

The "alt-left" didn't turn up on the scene until last weekend, the very day that the violence started.  So if anyone came to cause trouble, it was the "alt-left".

btw, the Lee statue was vandalized before the July 8 rally took place.  Not that CNN or PMSNBC would ever report that.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2017, 01:23:29 am »
And DT is mourning the loss of the statue.  Not a word about the murdered woman and all those other injured by the Nazi driver.
PATHETIC

“Two days ago, a young American woman, Heather Heyer, was tragically killed. Her death fills us with grief, and we send her family our thoughts, our prayers, and our love.”

-President Trump-
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2017, 04:04:31 am »
The "alt-right" had been in Charlottesville for a month.  Their assemblies began back on July 8.  So no, they didn't come to cause trouble.

The "alt-left" didn't turn up on the scene until last weekend, the very day that the violence started.  So if anyone came to cause trouble, it was the "alt-left".

btw, the Lee statue was vandalized before the July 8 rally took place.  Not that CNN or PMSNBC would ever report that.

Did they hurt Ole Traveler?

Online dfwgator

« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2017, 04:05:55 am »

“Two days ago, a young American woman, Heather Heyer, was tragically killed. Her death fills us with grief, and we send her family our thoughts, our prayers, and our love.”

-President Trump-

Thank YOU!     It's bad enough when the left says these things.   Regardless of how one feels about Trump, this crap shouldn't come from the Right.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2017, 01:31:45 pm »
@txradioguy

So you can't show where I lied got it.

My first response wasn't an insult. 

After that I've got nothing else to say.  I proved my point.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2017, 01:35:59 pm »
So you can't show where I lied got it.

My first response wasn't an insult. 

After that I've got nothing else to say.  I proved my point.

@txradioguy
No the guy who started calling people liars and hurling insults had the first response.   You chose to support him and then called anyone who disagreed with you a liar.

Your statements make you a liar.  Guess that comes as part of the job with PR people.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2017, 01:39:41 pm »
Somehow that one sentence from DT does not make up for his subsequent tweets, rants, and insults hurled at others.
At this point the murdered woman wants nothing to do with Trump.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2017, 01:44:00 pm »
At this point the murdered woman wants nothing to do with Trump.

Probably because she is dead.
Countdown to Resignation

« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2017, 01:56:25 pm »
Here it is.

"They were also disasters.  If they had been elected, we would have even further back than the 'compassionate conservatism' of W.

With McCain, it was open borders 8 years ago.  With Romney, it would have been pacification of all the interests which hate conservatives.

With Obama, we see the true face of liberalism in full display, and ultimately, we get enough Americans who do not want the watered-down version of conservatism. 

We do not need to be in middle of the road as you get run over.  I want to be in the fast lane, speeding by the opposition at full throttle on the right, rather than the left which is a head-on waiting to happen."
please show me where in that quote where you said I refused to vote for either Romney or McCain.  You cannot, because I never said it.

Your fervent desire to castigate others causes you to lie.

« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2017, 01:59:30 pm »
@txradioguy
No the guy who started calling people liars and hurling insults had the first response.   You chose to support him and then called anyone who disagreed with you a liar.

Your statements make you a liar.  Guess that comes as part of the job with PR people.
I call out liars.  You are one.  Not an insult, a fact.