Author Topic: Sen Rubio twitter to Prez Trump  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Sen Rubio twitter to Prez Trump
« on: August 16, 2017, 02:21:52 am »

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/897575723443027968

Marco Rubioā€¸ @marcorubio
The organizers of events which inspired & led to #charlottesvilleterroristattack are 100% to blame for a number of reasons. 1/6

They are adherents of an evil ideology which argues certain people are inferior because of race, ethnicity or nation of origin. 2/6

When entire movement built on anger & hatred towards people different than you,it justifies & ultimately leads to violence against them 3/6

These groups today use SAME symbols & same arguments of #Nazi & #KKK, groups responsible for some of worst crimes against humanity ever 4/6

Mr. President,you can't allow #WhiteSupremacists to share only part of blame.They support idea which cost nation & world so much pain 5/6

The #WhiteSupremacy groups will see being assigned only 50% of blame as a win.We can not allow this old evil to be resurrected 6/6

2:48 PM - 15 Aug 2017

Marcos strike a blow at Caesar on his own turf.  The oracle's predict fantastic tweets...the biggest.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Sen Rubio twitter to Prez Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 03:05:23 am »
Marco's being a doofus; it takes two to tango.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 03:06:01 am »
What does Rubio want? No free speech? It's all the fault of the organizers because they exercised free speech?

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 03:24:50 am »
Marco's being a doofus; it takes two to tango.

Do you think Trump will let this go unchallenged?

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 03:27:31 am »
What does Rubio want? No free speech? It's all the fault of the organizers because they exercised free speech?
I suspect Sen Rubio is incensed that nazis are being coddled by the President, but I could be projecting my opinion on the Senator.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 04:36:18 am »
...it justifies & ultimately leads to violence against them.

Check the vid in this dailymail piece:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4791808/1940s-anti-Nazi-film-War-Department-goes-viral.html

My comment:

Good film. Shows a person exercising their right to Free Speech all while spouting reprehensible views. He does so peacefully, and the people standing by do not attack him with bats, throw urine filled bottles at him, nor set anything on fire. Instead, they listen peacefully and broadly dismiss his ideas as lunacy. At the end, one lone fool claps while the others walk away disgusted, and two men wage a debate on the battlefield of ideas and logic.

In the America *I* grew up in, everyone had free speech, even if you didn't like what they were saying. You respected that right, and you armed yourself with BETTER ideas so you could dismantle hatred in a peaceful way.

White Nationalists are a scourge on this country, but make no mistake - Antifa is just as big a scourge. Their jack-booted thug tactics to shut down speech they don't like is widespread, universally violent, and more reminiscent of Nazis than the embarrassingly small and irrelevant White Nationalists.

Rubio is an idiot. Period. That is why he will be forgotten by the annals of history, and non-violent people like Gandhi and MLK will be remembered.

It is why Rubio is a two-bit political hack and why our founder fathers - who understood the NEED to allow speech with which we disagree with - have monuments erected to them. Monuments that Rubio, and the Antifa a-holes he sympathizes with, would tear down.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 05:14:43 am »
Rubio is an idiot. Period. That is why he will be forgotten by the annals of history, and non-violent people like Gandhi and MLK will be remembered.

It is why Rubio is a two-bit political hack and why our founder fathers - who understood the NEED to allow speech with which we disagree with - have monuments erected to them. Monuments that Rubio, and the Antifa a-holes he sympathizes with, would tear down.

There used to be a time when the government could legitimately condemn evil, and praise good and affect society.  They could say 2 parent house holds were ideal and should be encouraged through tax policy.  They could say "tear down this wall" or "ask not what your country can do for you."

Is there a law that says the federal government can't condemn evil?

I used to dream of a day when condemning David Duke was easy and common for the GOP.  I'm glad I got over that childish notion.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 05:27:00 am »
There used to be a time when the government could legitimately condemn evil, and praise good and affect society.  They could say 2 parent house holds were ideal and should be encouraged through tax policy.  They could say "tear down this wall" or "ask not what your country can do for you."

I used to dream of a day when condemning David Duke was easy and common for the GOP.  I'm glad I got over that childish notion.

@Once-Ler

I think you missed the point entirely. Try reading the post again. If you still think my post suggests we shouldn't condemn White Nationalists *and* Antifa, read the post AGAIN.

If you STILL think my post suggests we shouldn't condemn evil, I can't help you further.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:27:20 am by bolobaby »
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 06:14:06 am »

Where did we take a wrong turn? 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 06:24:07 am »
@Once-Ler

I think you missed the point entirely. Try reading the post again. If you still think my post suggests we shouldn't condemn White Nationalists *and* Antifa, read the post AGAIN.

Ok, I read it again.  I have no doubt you condemn the Antifa as evil.  Your post condemned Rubio as an evil Antifa supporter.  If I, in any way, implied that you did not absolutely detest the Aftifa, that was not my intention.

You do not condemn White Nationalists.  The President of the United States of America would be proud.

If you STILL think my post suggests we shouldn't condemn evil, I can't help you further.
I agree.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 07:14:00 am »
Ok, I read it again.  I have no doubt you condemn the Antifa as evil.  Your post condemned Rubio as an evil Antifa supporter.  If I, in any way, implied that you did not absolutely detest the Aftifa, that was not my intention.

You do not condemn White Nationalists.  The President of the United States of America would be proud.
I agree.

OK, just for fun, I'll pull all the relevant quotes out, just to help you with your reading comprehension:

"all while spouting reprehensible views"

"dismiss his ideas as lunacy"

"one lone fool claps"

"disgusted"

"BETTER ideas"

"dismantle hatred"

"White Nationalists are a scourge on this country"

"embarrassingly small and irrelevant White Nationalists"

Hmmmm... EIGHT separate words choices that demean, belittle, condemn, or otherwise invalidate the views of White Nationalists.

I suppose you could miss all eight. If you're an idiot.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 01:48:22 pm »
Rubio, Romney, McCain, Ryan and Krauthammer all seem to be saying something similar and it could all be grouped together (as the Daily Mail did).  I believe one could include Orrin Hatch as well.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/15/sen-john-mccain-criticized-trumps-response-to-white-national-rally.html

John McCain: 'No moral equivalency between racists and Americans standing up to defy hate'

Senator McCain said President Trump should make clear there is no moral equivalency between racists and Americans standing up against hate
    In a chaotic news conference earlier, the president defended the protest and said some individuals at the white nationalist rally did not have bad intentions
    Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney also took to Twitter to condemn Trump's response

It's as if they are taking the narrative of CNN at the least. All of these people seem to ignore some key facts; along, with how often, I think the police are right, something broke down in Charlottesville. The governor and mayor may be at fault too.

Moral Equivalency is an interesting term to explore in this argument.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 01:53:26 pm »
This is another political football; just like Russia is. Internal factors of the US should not be damaging to the overall picture.

I'd think Krauthammer, Rubio, etc. are being political opportunists.

This whole event in Virginia though, has caused a big uproar in the country, in parts at least, I think one can sense that.

In general, the right that was in Chancellorsville, people like Spencer, the Klan, should all be rejected to the utmost degree. This doesn't change the fact, that the whole hostile environment was caused by a number of factors, including possibly, public officials not doing their job.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 01:59:12 pm »
OK, just for fun, I'll pull all the relevant quotes out, just to help you with your reading comprehension:

"all while spouting reprehensible views"

"dismiss his ideas as lunacy"

"one lone fool claps"

"disgusted"

"BETTER ideas"

"dismantle hatred"

"White Nationalists are a scourge on this country"

"embarrassingly small and irrelevant White Nationalists"

Hmmmm... EIGHT separate words choices that demean, belittle, condemn, or otherwise invalidate the views of White Nationalists.

I suppose you could miss all eight. If you're an idiot.

Honestly, I do not understand all the garment-rending and teeth-gnashing at the suggestion both the white supremacists and the anti-democratic & violent suppressors of free speech might be equally loathsome.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 02:08:36 pm »

I agree.

@Once-Ler
The root of the white nationalist argument is that whites are being treated unfairly and they deserve to have an advocacy group similar to La Raza, BLM, CAIR, and NAACP.    All people should be equal under the law.   Many people on the left seek to marginalize white people and more specifically white men. 

I don't have an issue saying ALL people should be equal.   Its only when you add in violent lawlessness that the message becomes tainted.  IMO ALL of the above groups should be labeled hate groups and banned for advocating violence and corruption.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 02:09:48 pm »
Honestly, I do not understand all the garment-rending and teeth-gnashing at the suggestion both the white supremacists and the anti-democratic & violent suppressors of free speech might be equally loathsome.

@skeeter
Its because people of color cannot be racist.  They are the oppressed.   Can't you tell?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 02:18:38 pm »
@skeeter
Its because people of color cannot be racist.  They are the oppressed.   Can't you tell?

So I've heard.

I've seen accusations from some that anyone who doesn't come out clearly against Alt-right must be one of them.

The truth is those who can't bring themselves to condemn both groups equally are the ones who need to be a bit more circumspect.