Author Topic: Charlottesville: Man pictured using homemade flame thrower on white supremacists speaks out  (Read 459 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
A care worker who fought off white supremacist attackers in Charlottesville with an improvised flame thrower said he had set out for a peaceful protest against “Nazis who took over my town”.

Corey Long had joined the hundreds of demonstrators in the Virginia city who turned out to heckle at radicals including Ku Klux Klan members who were marching in an ultra right-wing rally.

But the 23-year-old said the scene quickly turned violent when one of the thousands of extremists who had taken to the streets fired a gun next to his feet - while police nearby failed to react.

Another extremist later lunged at Mr Long with a confederate flag and he fought back with a spray can he said he found on the ground, putting a lighter to the nozzle and turning it into a weapon.

The image of the counter-protester firing flames at the radical marchers went viral and is said to capture the horror of the protests that sparked clashes and left one woman dead.

Mr Long said: “I went out to voice my opinion. To have my freedom of speech. Just like the racist Nazis who took over my town.

“At first it was peaceful protest. Until someone pointed a gun at my head. Then the same person pointed it at my foot and shot the ground.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/charlottesville-man-pictured-using-homemade-130131619.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I think I'm calling bs on the gunfire.  Nothing like that was reported by anyone.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:49:15 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bolobaby

Shame on Yahoo for even considered a word this man says as truth. What a giant crock of sh!t that doesn't even BEGIN to pass the smell test.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:39:39 am by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!