Author Topic: Take down 'racist' Theodore Roosevelt statue, activists tell New York museum (11 October 2016)  (Read 1300 times)

Offline endicom

The Guardian
Mazin Sidahmed
Oct. 11, 2016

Hundreds of activists gathered at the American Museum of Natural History on Monday to take down the “racist” statue of Theodore Roosevelt and an urgent call to rename Columbus Day.

More than 200 people cheered outside the museum as activists covered the statue of Roosevelt on horseback flanked by an African American and Native American on either side and demanded it be ultimately removed.

More... https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/11/museum-natural-history-theodore-roosevelt-statue-protest

Via wretchard

Offline bolobaby

I heard a libtard today talking about the confederate statue that was pulled down. He said something along the lines of, "I don't understand why they allow these monuments of 'racist traitors' in the first place."

Keyword here: traitors.

Putting aside the terms of surrender at Appomattox that specifically prevented the Confederates from being called 'traitors,' I had to stifle a laugh. Why...?

This libtard has previously said that Trump is "not his president" and he totally thinks it is time for "California and other progressive states to secede."

Yep. They're that stupid.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline endicom

Some of the Exhibits at the Museum of Natural History Are… Not… Good…

The Nation
Michelle Chen
October 19, 2016

On a day traditionally devoted to memorializing imperialist poster child Christopher Columbus, a crew of cultural renegades crashed the American Museum of Natural History in Manhattan with an alternative Indigenous Peoples’ Day celebration. The artist-activist collective Decolonize This Place occupied the vaunted institution with—what else—an educational tour.

The crowd of about 200 mostly youthful observers embarked on a subversive walk-through, snaking around displays of “native” artifacts poached from different continents, gazing at the scenes of “primitive” societies in a new light as their radical tour guides gave their own explanations of the exhibits. Their route was mapped out on a red-and-white printed brochure, with a cover depicting the Theodore Roosevelt statue at the museum’s entrance surrounded by police barricades.

More... https://www.thenation.com/article/some-of-the-exhibits-at-the-museum-of-natural-history-are-not-good/

Offline skeeter

Offline endicom

This is interesting. Not Dixie but New York and not a town park but a world class museum.

The Museum of Natural History is up Central Park West from Columbus Circle, complete with a statue of Columbus.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Bigun, could you stop spamming that every thread you see?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I've been to that museum all I remember are the dinosaurs

I wish I could  remember the Teddy Roosevelt statue. I like teddy. I like teddy bears.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:23:26 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Bigun, could you stop spamming that every thread you see?

Why? if it's relevant to the discussion on that thread.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

I've been to that museum all I remember are the dinosaurs

Not the gems? What kind of woman are you? ;-)

I wish I could  remember the Teddy Roosevelt statue. I like teddy. I like teddy bears.

People are usually too intent on getting inside to pay attention to such things.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Not the gems? What kind of woman are you? ;-)

People are usually too intent on getting inside to pay attention to such things.

The company I worked for had its Christmas party there. 
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline endicom

The company I worked for had its Christmas party there.

A Year End party. Okay. ;-)