Author Topic: Confederate Soldiers are American Veterans by Act of Congress.  (Read 973 times)

Wingnut

"The next time you hear someone wanting to tear down a Confederate Memorial, tell them to have a look at this. They are in fact desiccating a memorial to an American soldier."

By Jim W. Dean, Managing Editor on April 14, 2011

Sons of Confederate Veterans

April is Confederate Memorial Month where various commemorations held throughout the month, primarily in the South. In the other states I would venture to say that most have never even heard of it, a combination performance of historical revisionism, political correctness, and amnesia. But I am happy to report that we are seeing more events being held each year and better attended.

The anti-Confederate smear campaign is becoming recognized for what it always was, a political campaign to denigrate Southern heritage. The ignorance of this was on the scale of your left arm not liking your right arm and then beginning a process of eventual amputation. But this would  include a period of cigarette burning and razor slashing to get the process rolling.

The country is thankfully waking up from this silliness. Veterans Today has made an editorial decision to dig into more of these suppressed historical events, especially those involving veterans. It will keep us busy for the rest of our lives.

I have begun working on my main Confederate Memorial  piece for VT focusing in on some of the archival gems and bombshells that most Americans know little or nothing about our War Between the States, or War of Southern Independence as

Despite the huge number of books written over the years the really good stuff is protected like the gold at Fort Knox, especially when it comes to school curriculum. I did not really begin learning about how much history had been suppressed and censored until my mid forties. The journey has so far turned into an seemingly endless one.

But I wanted to get something up to get the educational ball rolling with a one issue piece.

The simplest item I always use to jerk the shorts up on a Confederate basher, especially a veteran, and even more so an officer, is to ask them it they knew that Confederate soldiers are officially American Veterans by Act of Congress.  They are usually stunned.

http://www.veteranstodayarchives.com/2011/04/14/confederate-soldiers-are-american-veterans-by-act-of-congress/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Confederate Soldiers are American Veterans by Act of Congress.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 10:33:10 pm »
Excellent article!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 01:20:58 am »
Excellent article!

It is from 2011 but it more true today in 2017.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 05:52:14 am »
Excellent article. Thanks!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis