Author Topic: The far right is planning 9 rallies nationwide this weekend alone  (Read 2475 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The far right is planning 9 rallies nationwide this weekend alone

By Charles Levin, CNN

Updated 2:52 PM ET, Tue August 15, 2017

CNN)Major cities across the country are bracing for a wave of far right rallies in the coming days.
The largest scheduled rally is the "March on Google," which will take place in nine major US cities Saturday. The aim is to protest the firing of Google employee James Damore over a controversial memo he wrote about the company's diversity policies. Damore has said he doesn't support the "alt-right," and will "likely not" participate.
The "March on Google" rallies are scheduled to take place at these Google locations around the country:

Atlanta
    Austin
    Boston
    Los Angeles
    Mountain View, California
    New York
    Pittsburgh
    Seattle
    Washington, D.C.

more
http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/us/white-nationalists-protests-tally-trnd/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: The far right is planning 9 rallies nationwide this weekend alone
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 10:22:59 pm »
Another reason for me to stay out of Pittsburgh this weekend. 

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 10:32:30 pm »
Although I understand the frustration of many on the right and conservatives over the double standard, this is one of those instances where playing the "they do it so we can to" game is a major mistake.

Like it or not the media has successfully portrayed this solely as being led by racist, white only, KKK, nationalists. By appearing to defend these groups by pointing out the double standard, the right and conservatives will be unfairly grouped with this repugnant small minority.

It seems to me that instead of coming to the defense of any racist group or individual, the consersation should begin by calling out and condemming both sides by name .... :shrug:

Folks, including Trump,  must shout at the top of their lungs that these people are not "Far Right" and that they do not represent in any way, manor, or form the right and especially not conservatives...

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 10:35:52 pm »
Headline says "far right". Link says "white nationalists."

Headline is an edit for the message that all non leftists are white nationalists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 10:45:11 pm »

Headline is an edit for the message that all non leftists are white nationalists.

I noticed 'white nationalist' is de rigueur in the news media these days. Sounds really ominous and as you say pretty much refers to every non liberal white.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 10:57:15 pm »
The fuse is lit now.

There is no going back or putting it out.

Just how long the line sizzles before it truly hits that first keg.

And then...

.... game over as far as any semblance of liberty or a peaceable life is concerned.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 11:00:55 pm »

But here is no bias in the media!  /s
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:01:14 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 11:11:21 pm »
Yep. Leftist media is advancing the story that these people represent true conservatives.  I have liberal friends who believe that aND tell me that, as a conservative, I muse be supportive of their actions.  I tell them to turn off CNN and MSNBC and stop reading HuffPo. 

In a sane world, the media would explain that these terrorists call themselves "right" and claim to represent conservatives, but they don't.  But that would spoil the official story that all conservatives are racist, evil white terrorists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 11:27:46 pm »
Yep. Leftist media is advancing the story that these people represent true conservatives.  I have liberal friends who believe that aND tell me that, as a conservative, I muse be supportive of their actions.  I tell them to turn off CNN and MSNBC and stop reading HuffPo. 

In a sane world, the media would explain that these terrorists call themselves "right" and claim to represent conservatives, but they don't.  But that would spoil the official story that all conservatives are racist, evil white terrorists.

The media is going to use anything they can to disrupt and delay the Trump agenda and will do it regardless of the truth about anything!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 12:31:58 am »

@Applewood

Remind your libtard friends that Micah Johnson killed five people at a BLM rally, and the alt-right was nowhere to be found.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:57:47 am by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 12:53:15 pm »
Well now the protests Saturday have been postponed because of threats.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 01:05:21 pm »
The fuse is lit now. There is no going back or putting it out. Just how long the line sizzles before it truly hits that first keg.
And then... game over as far as any semblance of liberty or a peaceable life is concerned.
@INVAR

First, are they going to tear down the Google statue?

Second, and seriously, explain what you mean by "game over...any semblance of liberty or peaceable life is concerned"??  What do you think is going to happen?  I am ruler for life of my house and it will stay peaceful.

Offline Drewsmum

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 01:07:15 pm »

And most White Nationalists are actually former DEMOCRATS and/or anarchists who are trying to find a home with Republicans on the right. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 01:08:23 pm »
The fuse is lit now.

Just how long the line sizzles before it truly hits that first keg.

And then...

.... game over as far as any semblance of liberty or a peaceable life is concerned.

Oh, shut up. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 03:41:18 pm »
The fuse is lit now.

I'm afraid you are correct.  History tells us these things follow a certain pattern and it ain't pretty.

It also bothers me a great deal that pressures of many different types naturally forces people to chose sides. To come out and state I'm against Fascism or announcing that I deplore all hate groups is simply not enough.  Staying neutral is next to impossible when the black hole of circumstance sucks you in.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 03:49:01 pm »
They are holding rallies because they are getting attention. The media has created the monster and foisted it upon us.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2017, 03:50:24 pm »
Again, that Joey Gibson of Patriot Prayer has led groups, has stipulations, no white supremacists, no nazi flags, no other nutty groups.

It's not actually an "either/or" proposition. That might be something the media and unfortunately, a few Republicans have pushed.

If they are not waving Nazi flags, chanting anti-semitism and other like acts, these "Far Righers", might actually get some support. As for now, anyone doing so deserves full criticism.

http://koin.com/2017/08/15/joey-gibson-white-supremacists-not-welcome-at-rally/

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 04:34:27 pm »
Oh, shut up.

I will NEVER shut up. NEVER.

Not until people like you put a bullet between my eyes, or Yah decides my time as His Servant is completed in this age

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 04:42:33 pm »

Not until people like you put a bullet between my eyes, or Yah decides my time as His Servant is completed in this age

yada yada yada
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 04:43:38 pm »
First, are they going to tear down the Google statue?

They will 'tear down', erase, remove, make illegal, strip from mention or notated in history books, whatever aspect that was a foundation for or drives personal liberty.  You have already been watching it happen right under your nose.  They will destroy those things that give their political targets legitimacy or station.  White, Bible-Believing Christian, gun owner, Conservative, States Rights, etc. etc.

No need to tear those icons down that promote their Marxist/Statist/Collectivist ideology.

You have to erase the history and legacy of a people intended for subjugation or liquidation.

Second, and seriously, explain what you mean by "game over...any semblance of liberty or peaceable life is concerned"??

The life of prosperity and peace you and I have known our entire lives will be over.  Take a look at Rhodesia or South Africa now to get a glimpse.  Toss in a little Venezuela with a mix of Mussolini's Italy topped with Berlin in the late 20's and early 30's and you will have a likely scenario about to be played out here nationwide.

That of course is not even considering anything the Norks, the Iranians, Jihadists, China or Russia instigate or do.

What do you think is going to happen?

Judgement.

I am ruler for life of my house and it will stay peaceful.

Until the shelves are bare, the currency is worthless and outside forces decide your house is theirs.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 04:44:17 pm by INVAR »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 04:44:44 pm »
I happen to find my niece's black boyfriend far more tolerable than my niece.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2017, 10:28:17 pm »

:thumbsup3:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 10:46:53 pm »
Skeeter wrote:
"I noticed 'white nationalist' is de rigueur in the news media these days. Sounds really ominous and as you say pretty much refers to every non liberal white."

That's the goal.

Before too much longer, ANY congregation of traditional-minded Americans who happen to be Caucasian by birth will be labeled "white nationalists".

"I am Spartacus!"

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 10:56:21 pm »
Oh, shut up.

Why was that necessary?
Based on what is happening, and what has been happèning since the birth of Occupy, and later BLM most of us on the BR feel this does not end well. The nation is devided and it is getting more violent evry day because of it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oceander

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2017, 10:58:48 pm »
Oh, shut up. 

Now THAT was a comeback!

:bigsilly: