Author Topic: Durham Sheriff: We Have Identified Suspects In Memorial Destruction – It’s Arrestin’ Time  (Read 423 times)

Wingnut

:0001:   :beer:

Durham Sheriff Mike Andrews Says That Many Statue Vandals Have Been Identified

Durham, NC – Durham County Sheriff Mike Andrews said on Tuesday, that there is an active investigation against the suspects who toppled a Confederate memorial statue, and that every legal option available will be used to charge those identified.

The incident occurred on Monday evening in front of the courthouse, according to MyFox8.  Antifa formed a march carrying signs that said, “Cops and Klan go hand in hand,” and blocking off roadways.

The crowd became angry, marched on the confederate solder statue in front of the courthouse, put a ladder against it, climbed it, and attached a yellow rope to it. The protesters then pulled on the statue until it toppled to the ground.

he protest was quickly planned after the tragic events in Charlottesville over the past weekend.  Organizers of the event said that their goal was to “smash white supremacy.”

In a statement, Sheriff Andrews said he was “grateful” that no one was hurt, and that county officials had made the decision to act “with restraint” toward the protesters.

Many people had questioned why none of the law enforcement officers who were at the protests stood down while the statue was being toppled.  But officials from Sheriff Andrews’ staff were there, filming what happened, according to The Herald-Sun.

Sheriff Andrews said, “Collectively, we decided that restraint and public safety would be our priority. As the Sheriff, I am not blind to the offensive conduct of some demonstrators nor will I ignore their criminal conduct. With the help of video captured at the scene, my investigators are working to identify those responsible for the removal and vandalism of the statue.”

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/durham-county-sheriff-announces-active-investigation-suspects-brought-confederate-statue/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The cops stood by while the statue was attacked and torn down.

They could have done something then to protect it.

I doubt they'll do much now.
The goal of the left has been achieved.
The statue is destroyed.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The cops stood by while the statue was attacked and torn down.

They could have done something then to protect it.

I doubt they'll do much now.
The goal of the left has been achieved.
The statue is destroyed.

I agree.  Statement was past laughable.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bolobaby

The video of the statue coming down will only inspire further vandalism.

The cops blew it. They could have easily prevented that statue from coming down.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
If they destroyed the statue, it needs to come back.  Will anyone pay for it?

These people may be prosecuted for felonies but let's see if they are convicted and serve serious prison time.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:42:28 am by TomSea »