Author Topic: Presser: Trump: Both Sides Deserve Blame in Charlottesville Deaths  (Read 11243 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Presser: Trump: Both Sides Deserve Blame in Charlottesville Deaths
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2017, 09:52:05 pm »
Well, maybe at 3 .am. he's kept awake by all the b.s. that's being thrown at him.  Not giving him a pass, but on this issue he should be given tremendous credit.  He waited till he had the facts to fully comment.

I agree.  And I probably shouldn't have even brought the tweet thing up after a triumph like that amazing presser.

I just admired him so much in that press conference that it made me wish he could be like that all the time.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 09:54:01 pm »
Not a problem; I, myself have blocked the Weird guy, though comments do show up in other's posts sometimes.

I blocked him also.  He makes rude personal comments and probably should be given some time outs by the mods.

But I decided to unblock everyone for a while and see what happens.

Offline endicom

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 10:14:08 pm »
Maybe it's the water in Queens but I'd treat the press with the same disrespect.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2017, 10:26:21 pm »
...."You also had some very fine people on both sides.

"You had people – and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, they should be condemned totally – you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists," Trump said as the exchange grew more intense. "The press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

"In the other group also, you had some fine people .....

The only 'very fine people' I saw in all that were the EMT workers trying to save lives and help the injured.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2017, 10:38:47 pm »
Trump did very well here.

The press, as usual, covered themselves with manure.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2017, 10:42:34 pm »
https://mobile.twitter.com/kristindonnelly/status/897551033743921152/photo/1

Reaction of Chief of Staff John Kelly to Trump remarks.  Allegedly, Trump was not supposed to take questions.  Obviously, he was not pleased – but he's the one that works at the pleasure of the president.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 10:56:12 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2017, 12:56:04 am »
On Fox Special Report tonight Ingraham and Krauthammer almost were shouting at each other.  I'm usually on the side of the good doctor on most issues, but he was attempting to say Trump didn't really mean what he said about putting aside violence and loving your fellow citizens. He heavily criticized Trump for not condemning Nazis and WNs two days ago.
Ingraham's blood began to boil and she berated Charles for thinking he knew what's in Trump's heart.  It got pretty testy.
I tended to agree with Ingraham that Trump's original statement was satisfactory....and I'm no big fan of Trump.
Whatever issues I have with Trump, he seemed sincere both times.  If he didn't say anything, he would have been blasted. After his original statement he explicitly condemned Nazis and their ilk. Actually, he had dismissed David Duke last year.
The bigger problem which Charles missed is that the media is attempting to make it seem all the violence is coming from the right when most of it has come from the left.  Conservatives were getting attacked and shouted down before Trump was running for president.
The media is trying to get Trump to admit that he is causing all the violence...which is not true. Trump said some unfortunate things during the campaign, but in all the cases he was directing his remarks at people disrupting his speeches. He never told people to go out and attack political opponents.
I'll criticize Trump when he's wrong, but I don't think he was wrong this time. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2017, 01:06:06 am »
On Fox Special Report tonight Ingraham and Krauthammer almost were shouting at each other.  I'm usually on the side of the good doctor on most issues, but he was attempting to say Trump didn't really mean what he said about putting aside violence and loving your fellow citizens. He heavily criticized Trump for not condemning Nazis and WNs two days ago.
Ingraham's blood began to boil and she berated Charles for thinking he knew what's in Trump's heart.  It got pretty testy.
I tended to agree with Ingraham that Trump's original statement was satisfactory....and I'm no big fan of Trump.
Whatever issues I have with Trump, he seemed sincere both times.  If he didn't say anything, he would have been blasted. After his original statement he explicitly condemned Nazis and their ilk. Actually, he had dismissed David Duke last year.
The bigger problem which Charles missed is that the media is attempting to make it seem all the violence is coming from the right when most of it has come from the left.  Conservatives were getting attacked and shouted down before Trump was running for president.
The media is trying to get Trump to admit that he is causing all the violence...which is not true. Trump said some unfortunate things during the campaign, but in all the cases he was directing his remarks at people disrupting his speeches. He never told people to go out and attack political opponents.

Anymore I think Charles has become irrelevant and yes I agree, the violence, accusations, biased reporting ad fake news seems to be coming predominately from the left.  The left has no message of their own other than to counter the right.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2017, 01:06:26 am »
What are you supposed to do when the media is making the Antifas out to be the second-coming of "The White Rose"?

Wait until the corpse of Heather is cold.  Trump is so damn stupid.  All he had to do was say I've already condemned the KKK...next question, but he can't, because he is stupid and vain, and he can't say he made a mistake and he can't let anybody say he made a mistake. 

So enjoy your reach around from David Duke Mr. President...you deserve it.

In politics and comedy timing is everything.  The time to condemn the BLM is when they kill somebody.  The time to condemn the alt-right is when they kill somebody.

Epic Fail.  sad

Offline skeeter

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2017, 01:10:23 am »
Wait until the corpse of Heather is cold.  Trump is so damn stupid.  All he had to do was say I've already condemned the KKK...next question, but he can't, because he is stupid and vain, and he can't say he made a mistake and he can't let anybody say he made a mistake. 

So enjoy your reach around from David Duke Mr. President...you deserve it.

In politics and comedy timing is everything.  The time to condemn the BLM is when they kill somebody.  The time to condemn the alt-right is when they kill somebody.

Epic Fail.  sad

So all Antifa has to do to remain off limits is to keep clubbing, punching and tossing urine at people exercising their right of free speech. Not to mention breaking windows, setting cars on fire and generally destroying property.

Just don't kill anybody.

Offline edpc

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2017, 01:15:21 am »
So all Antifa has to do to remain off limits is to keep clubbing, punching and tossing urine at people exercising their right of free speech. Not to mention breaking windows, setting cars on fire and generally destroying property.

Just don't kill anybody.

Exactly - their only purpose and reason for existence is to arrive at these events and cause problems.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2017, 01:18:23 am »
Thank you Mr. President.  That is your wisest, most courageous  statement as POTUS.

My opinion of you just went up 2 notches.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2017, 01:20:33 am »
I agree with a lot of his messages, but... as President he shouldn't be saying them. This will just further divide the country.

There is no reconciliation possible with Antifa, BLM, and the lefist goons we are at war with.  Or with KKK for that matter.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:21:37 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2017, 01:29:48 am »
The only 'very fine people' I saw in all that were the EMT workers trying to save lives and help the injured.

I believe he was talking about the previous night when some people were protesting the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee.  I would protest that also.  It's ridiculous.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2017, 01:33:21 am »

Good post and I was also annoyed with Krauthammer about his take on this.  Sometimes I like him but he can be insufferable when he gets on a cause.

Offline ABX

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2017, 01:49:56 am »
I believe he was talking about the previous night when some people were protesting the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee.  I would protest that also.  It's ridiculous.

Gotcha... the previous night... I think they were just 'very fine people' waiving their hands in the air like they just don't care sponsored by the tiki torch business or something like that.  And the banners and logos, why those were just something to do with their favorite sports team.

Yep, bunch of fine people..

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2017, 01:52:11 am »

Just don't kill anybody.

Is that what happened skeeter last Saturday?  Who got clubbed?  Who got punched?  Who got urine soaked?  Cause I missed those stories.  I heard about who got dead, and who got runned over.

I didn't hear President Trump talk about those.  If they are true then maybe he realizes how petty and infantile equating a urine bomb is with crushing a living being with a car.

again timing is everything.

If Trump hated nazis, and nazis do something bad, and Trump disassociating himself from nazis is simple( and second nature because the Media tried to pull this crap on him many times)...but it take huge pressure and days to get Trump to condemn nazis specifically...and the very next day he qualifies his condemnation...

Well I'm just glad this albatross is hanging around the necks of the spineless Republican's who failed America.   

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2017, 01:55:41 am »
Yep, bunch of fine people..

That statement was cringe worthy...he was doing fantastic until he said that.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2017, 01:56:04 am »
Is that what happened skeeter last Saturday?  Who got clubbed?  Who got punched?  Who got urine soaked?  Cause I missed those stories.  I heard about who got dead, and who got runned over.

I didn't hear President Trump talk about those.  If they are true then maybe he realizes how petty and infantile equating a urine bomb is with crushing a living being with a car.

again timing is everything.

If Trump hated nazis, and nazis do something bad, and Trump disassociating himself from nazis is simple( and second nature because the Media tried to pull this crap on him many times)...but it take huge pressure and days to get Trump to condemn nazis specifically...and the very next day he qualifies his condemnation...

Well I'm just glad this albatross is hanging around the necks of the spineless Republican's who failed America.

Right. Timing is everything. And spin.

Offline ABX

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2017, 01:59:57 am »
That statement was cringe worthy...he was doing fantastic until he said that.

IMHO, he did great this weekend... then he made three idiotic tweets.. this presser was good, but like most things, he finds a way to sabotage his own position.

I know people like this in real life, be it relationships or business, when things are going good, they find a way to trip themselves up or sabotage themselves.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2017, 02:12:33 am »
Trump did very well here.

The press, as usual, covered themselves with manure.

I don't understand what any of this has to do with Trump, or why he is expected to issue condemnations.  The media are silly as ever.

Offline edpc

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2017, 02:14:22 am »
I don't understand what any of this has to do with Trump, or why he is expected to issue condemnations.  The media are silly as ever.

One of his big campaign promises was law and order.

Online corbe

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2017, 02:16:08 am »
    It coulda been much worse. He did good, though he reminds me of a cat covering $hit on a Marble Floor.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2017, 02:17:16 am »

Consider that two groups came loaded for bear to beat the snot out of each other, and because as fate would have it a person was killed in the melee we're not supposed to condemn both parties as being equally guilty.

Crazy.

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2017, 02:25:34 am »

He already condemned the KKK...that is all he had to do but he couldn't stop there.