Author Topic: CNN Simone sanders Calls Out [Ken Cuccinelli] Who Told Her To 'Shut Up' On Live TV  (Read 356 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Video at link

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-apos-symone-sanders-calls-160801781.html

CNN’s Symone Sanders will not be spoken down to, and she made this message loud and clear during a segment on Monday morning’s episode of “New Day.”

The segment, which was hosted by Chris Cuomo and centered on the white supremacist-led rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Saturday, included an ugly exchange between Sanders, a former spokeswoman for Sen. Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign, and Ken Cuccinelli, a Republican politician. At one point, Cuccinelli directed Sanders to “just shut up” while he spoke.

His remarks came amid a discussion about the circumstances that led to Saturday’s rally. Sanders said Cuccinelli was “dismissing” the real danger of white supremacy and reminded him of how the violent demonstration was an “egregious symptom” of America’s widespread issues of racism.

Moments later, after Sanders briefly interrupted Cuccinelli to acknowledge the death that resulted from the rally, he replied: “Will you just shut up and let me finish, Simone?”

“Under no circumstances do you get to speak to me in that matter,” Sanders responded. “You should exhibit some decorum. And understand that you were trying to defend and excuse white supremacy on this program. And under no circumstances will I sit by while that happens. So you can shut up.”

Sanders later went on Twitter to address the segment and explain how Cuccinelli’s treatment of her was an act of supremacy itself.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
She was extremely disruptive and wouldn't let him speak after Fredo Cuomo asked Cuccinelli direct questions.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Hoodat

Reason #89 why I like Ken Cuccinelli.  And if the Virginia GOP hadn't worked so hard to see him get defeated, he would be 'Governor' Cuccinelli.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-