Author Topic: Governor candidate calls for removal of Stone Mountain carvings  (Read 755 times)

Offline Crazieman

Governor candidate calls for removal of Stone Mountain carvings

STONE MOUNTAIN, GA (CBS46) Former Georgia House Minority Leader and candidate for governor of the state Stacey Abrams is calling for the Confederate carvings on Stone Mountain to be removed.

Abrams tweeted that the carvings are a "blight on our state and should be removed." She also tweeted that "Confederate monuments belong in museums where we can study and reflect on that terrible history, not in places of honor across our state."

The Confederate Memorial Carving has images of Confederacy President Jefferson Davis and Generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson and were not complete until a dedication ceremony on May 9, 1970. Finishing touches were completed in 1972.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/36137662/governor-candidate-calls-for-removal-of-stone-mountain-carvings
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Governor candidate calls for removal of Stone Mountain carvings
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 04:37:22 pm »
Democrats trying to erase Democrat history.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 04:38:13 pm »
Right on cue.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 04:38:14 pm »
Sorta like the taliban did with the Buddha statues in Afghanistan
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 04:39:05 pm »
American Taliban

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 04:43:19 pm »
War has been declared at the highest level. 

Stacey, you ignorant bitch.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 04:44:00 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 04:45:21 pm »
Of course Washington and Jefferson will have to be sacrificed at Mt. Rushmore, too.  In their places J$ss$ J$cks$n and Al Sharptongue would be good replacements.  Actually, I would put Mike Tyson in place of J$cks$n and O.J. Simpson for Sharptongue. :silly:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 04:48:07 pm »
Of course Washington and Jefferson will have to be sacrificed at Mt. Rushmore, too.  In their places J$ss$ J$cks$n and Al Sharptongue would be good replacements.  Actually, I would put Mike Tyson in place of J$cks$n and O.J. Simpson for Sharptongue. :silly:

Oh it won't stop there.  They will eventually start researching census records to find out who the descendants of slave owners were, and extract reparations accordingly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 05:11:35 pm »
Oh it won't stop there.  They will eventually start researching census records to find out who the descendants of slave owners were, and extract reparations accordingly.

But I'll bet they conveniently overlook the decendants of black slave owners.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:11:54 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 05:50:34 pm »
You knew this was coming. They better tighten security up around there.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 07:08:28 pm »
Democrats trying to erase Democrat history.

Without realizing it, they are also promoting even more federal tyranny over the States.  (Remember:  The single most prominent issue of the Civil War was slavery, but there was a huge amount of animosity between the North and South that had nothing to do with slavery, per se.  It appears that our first Republican administration under our now beloved martyr Mr. Lincoln was disinterested in States' Rights in more ways than those centering on the knotty mess of slavery.) 

Kudos are to be extended to the Yankees and the Republicans for stopping the abomination of slavery, but let's not pretend that the North did everything right in the run-up to the War.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 07:23:34 pm »
At that point they would receive small deliveries of semi-precious metal traveling at a high rate of speed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline the_doc

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2017, 07:48:05 pm »
Without realizing it, they are also promoting even more federal tyranny over the States. 

As an afterthought, it occurs to me that they probably do realize that they are doing this. 

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2017, 07:50:27 pm »