Author Topic: Mueller Raids Manafort's Home – Because He Has Nothing  (Read 701 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mueller Raids Manafort's Home – Because He Has Nothing
« on: August 15, 2017, 01:55:28 pm »
Mueller Raids Manafort's Home – Because He Has Nothing
American Thinker, Aug 15, 2017, Jay Valentine

When Robert Mueller took the gig with the Department of Justice to lead the silent coup against the Trump administration, things looked great. 100% or close to it of the media was reporting different levels and incidents of “Russian collusion.”

Attorney general Jeff Sessions, a close Trump confidant, had recused himself. The deputy AG, Rod Rosenstein, quickly buckled under media pressure to name a special counsel where no crime had been found and only an FBI counterintelligence investigation was taking place. No criminal investigation of the President, said the FBI director. Mueller had the chance to overturn an epic election mistake by uninformed American deplorables and be the darling of the swamp for a generation. How could he say no?

That was then, this is now.

Read more:  http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/08/mueller_raids_manaforts_home_because_he_has_nothing.html

Re: Mueller Raids Manafort's Home – Because He Has Nothing
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 01:59:12 pm »
A good summary of where the investigation is ... or more to the point, where it is not.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 02:05:44 pm »
Interesting information regarding the email metadata. Perhaps I should have, but I did not know that 'hacking' had conclusively been ruled out in the DNC email leak caper.

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 02:22:13 pm »
Interesting information regarding the email metadata. Perhaps I should have, but I did not know that 'hacking' had conclusively been ruled out in the DNC email leak caper.

Here's the link to more information about this @skeeterhttp://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,275907.0.html

Offline skeeter

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 05:42:13 pm »

There is very good evidence that whomever did it, it wasn't a Russian hack.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 05:46:52 pm »

Supposedly given the speed of the download the culprit was more likely an insider with physical access to the server.

I'm not an IT whiz so I dunno.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 05:50:35 pm »

Also, Manafort is the one person in all of this who has admitted wrong doing. Albeit, it was with Turkey, not Russia.

https://www.voanews.com/a/lobbying-by-trump-associates-highlights-foreign-agent-law/3811219.html

He had worked as an unregistered agent for the Turkish government while working on the campaign and had to go back, admitting the fault, and correct his registration.

It may have been just a paperwork problem, but if this were a Dem working for Hillary, we would have screamed to high heaven.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 06:23:43 pm »
Supposedly given the speed of the download the culprit was more likely an insider with physical access to the server.

I'm not an IT whiz so I dunno.

That comes from comparing the time stamps of the various downloaded files.  Apparently the other metadata also shows inconsistencies with the theory that the documents were taken by Russians.

Here's an interesting little factoid I picked up when I looked into that stuff:  MS word files are actually compressed files containing multiple internal files, and with an unzipping utility like WinRAR you can actually decompress the files and look at them individually.