Author Topic: Protesters topple Confederate statue in North Carolina  (Read 3625 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Protesters topple Confederate statue in North Carolina
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2017, 06:06:52 pm »
She needs to change her middle/maiden name as well.

Jackson is the same as Stonewall Jackson.

:whistle:

Get her to change her 1st name to Longstreet
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2017, 06:15:05 pm »
Because one part was a direct quote and the other was unattributed to anyone specific.  Both set terrible precedents.  Releasing statements like that will only embolden groups to show up in sufficient numbers that will cause officials to back down in the interest of 'public safety.'  That may very well lead to something much more serious than the destruction of property. Over the weekend, that stance contributed to the death of one and injury of many.  The Baltimore incident was summed up well by a Maryland professor.

"To say, 'Overwhelmingly, the demonstrations were peaceful and there was only one night of rioting,' is like saying, 'Right up until Lincoln got shot he had a great time at the play,' said Todd Eberly, an associate professor of political science at St. Mary's College of Maryland. "No one is focused on what happened before the rioting. The key is what happened once it became clear that the situation was out of control."
I understand your comment now.  Still, I think at least officials seem to be interested in the wild parties having some accountability, which was certainly not the case in Baltimore.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2017, 07:06:26 pm »
Get her to change her 1st name to Longstreet

I've referred to her as "Stuart Jackson Lee" in the past.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2017, 07:56:50 pm »
Mob rule

For our next trick, we will be smashing out the windows of all Jewish-owned businesses.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2017, 08:00:40 pm »
Mob rule

Some good shots there.  City's got the goods to prosecute for destruction of public property. /s
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 08:01:37 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2017, 08:19:56 pm »
Where's Belushi when you need him for guitar guy in the photo?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 08:21:50 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2017, 01:35:24 pm »
Mob rule

For our next trick, we will be smashing out the windows of all Jewish-owned businesses.

Give it a decade...maybe less and you'll see the Leftist idiots doing that to statues of Washington, Hamilton, Franklin etc.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2017, 01:59:17 pm »
   Not trying to jack the thread but the @edpc comment brought up a rather interesting paradox (for me anyway).

Others have already explained the difference. Let me just add , when Lincoln said "And mallace towards none", that shuts the door on scenes like this being played out here. Or so he hoped and prayed.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2017, 02:00:58 pm »
   Not trying to jack the thread but the @edpc comment brought up a rather interesting paradox (for me anyway).

@corbe
Please explain the paradox.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2017, 02:20:54 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2017, 03:26:38 pm »
John McCain: 'No moral equivalency between racists and Americans standing up to defy hate'
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/15/sen-john-mccain-criticized-trumps-response-to-white-national-rally.html

No Senator McCain, Governor Romney, they are also doing wrongs. 

"Defying hate"  *****rollingeyes*****

They must only watch CNN.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2017, 03:32:25 pm »
"Defying hate" by tossing excrement and using homemade flamethrowers on them is perfectly dandy to the esteemed Senator from Arizona (and Mitt), it would seem.

Why is it so difficult for people in McCain's position to say it is never acceptable to return hate for hate? Did his mommy not teach him two wrongs don't make a right?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2017, 03:37:23 pm »
"Defying hate" by tossing excrement and using homemade flamethrowers on them is perfectly dandy to the esteemed Senator from Arizona (and Mitt), it would seem.

Why is it so difficult for people in McCain's position to say it is never acceptable to return hate for hate? Did his mommy not teach him two wrongs don't make a right?

McCain and ilk are for whichever side empowers government.