Author Topic: Protesters topple Confederate statue in North Carolina  (Read 3627 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Protesters topple Confederate statue in North Carolina
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2017, 12:58:38 pm »
The left will not stop until it attempts to destroy Robert E. Lee's homestead in Arlington, Va.  It may be tough for them, as it is also Arlington National Cemetary.

Lee was a good man.  His legacy does not deserve to be treated this way.  The worst strike against him was his role in squelching a slave rebellion in Harpers Ferry, VA as a Federal military commander under orders from the President of the United States.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2017, 01:00:05 pm »
The left will not stop until it attempts to destroy Robert E. Lee's homestead in Arlington, Va.  It may be tough for them, as it is also Arlington National Cemetary.
Yep, and may as well go after the homesteads of Madison, Jefferson and Monroe, while they're at it.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2017, 01:10:50 pm »
I know a Loan Tran.  I'd need a proper photograph to identify.

Loan Tran is the John Smith of Vietnamese.

I'd like to see Loan Tran spend six months in the clink for wonton destruction of public property.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2017, 03:43:43 pm »

This is just the beginning for them.  Regardless of how one feels about Confederate statues, the left will never stop.

Ultimately, they want speech codes and thought crimes  enforced by the full power of the state. The problem with that kind of thinking is they all assume they'll always be the ones in power   enforcing them. It never enters their mind that their opponents or enemies will ever gain power and use same against them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Wingnut

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2017, 03:45:53 pm »

I'd like to see Loan Tran spend six months in the clink for wonton destruction of public property.

And that was just the tip of the riceberg

Offline skeeter

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2017, 04:09:10 pm »
And that was just the tip of the riceberg

Glad someone got it.

Wingnut

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2017, 04:21:06 pm »
Glad someone got it.

I got your back.  I'll even cosign a Loan Transaction.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2017, 04:23:08 pm »
We need to call this like it is:

Democrats trying to erase Democrat history.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2017, 04:28:35 pm »
We need to call this like it is:

Democrats trying to erase Democrat history.

Somebody needs to tweet that to Iowahawk @DCPatriot
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2017, 04:31:35 pm »

Good time to rename every federal building in West Virginia with Robert Byrd's name on it.

Let the Germans bulldoze Dachau and other concentration camps.

Bulldoze the Japanese internment camps from WWII.

Beam me up, Scotty.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2017, 04:33:55 pm »
With stronger/better anchor bolts too.

and a 110 V surprise for the next perp.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2017, 04:40:55 pm »
I'd like to see them try to take off the confederate flag on this black guy's pickup truck here in town.

H. K. Edgerton

One of the most honorable upstanding guys in SCV.  Would love to hear his take on this.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2017, 04:57:13 pm »
Good time to rename every federal building in West Virginia with Robert Byrd's name on it.

Let the Germans bulldoze Dachau and other concentration camps.

Bulldoze the Japanese internment camps from WWII.

Beam me up, Scotty.

Try to bulldoze the Stonewall Inn and find out how unimportant history is to the Left.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2017, 05:12:17 pm »

If some idiot tries to do that...the SJW's should be reminded that the house and grounds actually belonged to his wife's family...direct descendants of George Washington.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2017, 05:13:00 pm »
Try to bulldoze the Stonewall Inn and find out how unimportant history is to the Left.

LOL! Excellent point.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2017, 05:29:02 pm »

Looks like someone is making your wish happen.

Criminal charges sought for protesters who toppled Confederate statue in North Carolina
When protesters, angry over the deadly incidents in Virginia this weekend, decided to take down a nearly century-old statue of a Confederate soldier in North Carolina on Monday, law enforcement stood back and watched.

At no time did officers with the Durham Police Department or deputies with the Durham County Sheriff’s Office intervene as activists brought a ladder up to the statue and used a rope to pull it down, according to multiple media reports.

No one was arrested Monday, however, a day later, Durham County Sheriff Mike Andrews announced investigators were working to identify the protesters and planned to bring criminal charges against them.

“We decided that restraint and public safety would be our priority,” Andrews said in a statement posted on his agency's website. “As the Sheriff, I am not blind to the offensive conduct of some demonstrators nor will I ignore their criminal conduct.”
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/15/criminal-charges-sought-for-protesters-who-toppled-confederate-statue-in-north-carolina.html
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:29:43 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2017, 05:29:44 pm »

Except Stonewall in wasn't named after Stonewall Jackson...

...of course, I doubt they will care to look up facts when they are in reaction mode.  So it may be fun to troll them with it.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2017, 05:30:47 pm »

You mean that Mafia-owned bar?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:33:21 pm by dfwgator »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2017, 05:32:30 pm »

...of course, I doubt they will care to look up facts when they are in reaction mode.  So it may be fun to troll them with it.

His point, I'm sure, was that the bar is credited with the commencement of the Gay Rights Movement.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2017, 05:34:49 pm »
Looks like someone is making your wish happen.

“We decided that restraint and public safety would be our priority,” Andrews said in a statement posted on his agency's website. “As the Sheriff, I am not blind to the offensive conduct of some demonstrators nor will I ignore their criminal conduct.”

Sorry, but this sounds like a bad idea and all too familiar from April 2015......

[Baltimore] Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake stood before the news cameras over the weekend and really did say, “We also gave those who wish to destroy space to do that as well.”

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2017, 05:37:39 pm »
Sorry, but this sounds like a bad idea and all too familiar from April 2015......

[Baltimore] Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake stood before the news cameras over the weekend and really did say, “We also gave those who wish to destroy space to do that as well.”
But did the Baltimore mayor say " investigators were working to identify the protesters and planned to bring criminal charges against them."?

Why leave that part out?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2017, 05:43:30 pm »
His point, I'm sure, was that the bar is credited with the commencement of the Gay Rights Movement.

Yes, but given the name of the monumen I expect suggesting it's removal would cause considerable cognitive dissonance within the pea brains of these leftist crusaders.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2017, 05:56:22 pm »
But did the Baltimore mayor say " investigators were working to identify the protesters and planned to bring criminal charges against them."?

Why leave that part out?

Because one part was a direct quote and the other was unattributed to anyone specific.  Both set terrible precedents.  Releasing statements like that will only embolden groups to show up in sufficient numbers that will cause officials to back down in the interest of 'public safety.'  That may very well lead to something much more serious than the destruction of property. Over the weekend, that stance contributed to the death of one and injury of many.  The Baltimore incident was summed up well by a Maryland professor.

"To say, 'Overwhelmingly, the demonstrations were peaceful and there was only one night of rioting,' is like saying, 'Right up until Lincoln got shot he had a great time at the play,' said Todd Eberly, an associate professor of political science at St. Mary's College of Maryland. "No one is focused on what happened before the rioting. The key is what happened once it became clear that the situation was out of control."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:57:02 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2017, 05:59:26 pm »

Shelia Jackson Lee has the same last name as RE Lee. Maybe they can take care of her too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2017, 06:05:29 pm »
Shelia Jackson Lee has the same last name as RE Lee. Maybe they can take care of her too.

She needs to change her middle/maiden name as well.

Jackson is the same as Stonewall Jackson.

:whistle: