Author Topic: Girl, eight, is killed and at least seven other people are hurt as 'man deliberately smashes his car into a pizza restaurant near Paris'  (Read 1300 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Girl, eight, is killed and at least seven other people are hurt as 'man deliberately smashes his car into a pizza restaurant near Paris'
Daily Mail/UK, Aug 14, 2017

An eight-year-old girl died and five other people were seriously injured tonight after a man ‘deliberately drove his car’ at speed into a pizza restaurant near Paris.

The horrific incident took place in the town of Sept-Sorts, which is around 40 miles east of the French capital.

It follows similar terrorist attacks by jihadi killers pledging allegiance to Islamic State.

Early reports from the scene tonight suggested that the male driver ‘pulled up close to the restaurant’ in a BMW car, and then ‘deliberately targeted it’.

‘There were quite a lot of people on the terrace,’ said a source close to the case. ‘An eight year old girl was hit straight on, and died at the scene.

‘At least five people are very seriously injured. The man was arrested and is now with the police. There is a gendarmerie very close by.

‘Anti-terrorist officers arrived on the scene very quickly, but we don’t yet know what this is about.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4790308/One-dead-seven-hurt-car-rams-Paris-pizzeria.html#ixzz4plOLHyeU

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 08:27:44 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Wingnut

Another case of sudden unintended acceleration?

Offline dfwgator

Of course this guy is a "Lone Wolf", unlike the guy in Virginia.

Wingnut

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wingnut wonders:
"Another case of sudden unintended acceleration?"

Yup.
A "moderate" muslim suddenly accelerated into full-jihadi mode.

Offline RoosGirl

The pepperoni was made out of pork.  I'm sure the restaurant was warned.

HonestJohn

Of course this guy is a "Lone Wolf", unlike the guy in Virginia.

Which means you aren't condemning this, of course.

Oceander

Which means you aren't condemning this, of course.

Bullsh*t.  Get your head out of the sand. 

HonestJohn

Bullsh*t.  Get your head out of the sand.

Check the posts of @dfwgator

You won't find a condemnation of the murder in VA.

You will find a ton of deflection and a mass spamming of exactly this argument.

I'm holding him to it.

Why aren't you?

Oceander

You will find a ton of deflection and a mass spamming of exactly this argument.

I'm holding him to it.

Why aren't you?

I'm not holding anyone to anything.  I am noting that wingnut's comment is clearly an allusion to the fact that the liberal-motivated attempted political assassinations in DC were chalked up by the MSM to a lone wolf, and this probably will be too if the driver turns out to be a Muslim. 

Meanwhile, the Charlottesville killer is being blamed on Trump, with almost no basis whatsoever.  I detest Trump and am not shy about it, but he isn't to blame for Charlottesville. 

And this is all a metacommentary on the obvious political biases and lies of the MSM, which is an issue that is distinct from laying blame on the actors who perpetrated these acts. 

Condemning the MSM for using terrorism for its own ulterior political motives is not condoning the acts the MSM uses as grist for its political mill. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:32:10 am by Oceander »

HonestJohn

I'm not holding anyone to anything.  I am noting that wingnut's comment is clearly an allusion to the fact that the liberal-motivated attempted political assassinations in DC were chalked up by the MSM to a lone wolf, and this probably will be too if the driver turns out to be a Muslim. 

And this is all a metacommentary on the obvious political biases and lies of the MSM, which is an issue that is distinct from laying blame on the actors who perpetrated these acts. 

Condemning the MSM for using terrorism for its own ulterior political motives is not condoning the acts the MSM uses as grist for its political mill.

I comment on a post of @dfwgator

You comment on my post.

I explain why.

You start in on how it's about @Wingnut

WTF?

Oceander

I comment on a post of @dfwgator

You comment on my post.

I explain why.

You start in on how it's about @Wingnut

WTF?

You're right that I got the name of the poster wrong.  My bad.  The rest of the comment stands. 

HonestJohn

You're right that I got the name of the poster wrong.  My bad.  The rest of the comment stands.

For the most part, I agree with the assertion you've made.

That said, as @dfwgator has, through his posts, made it abundantly clear he does not condemn the actions in VA... and specifically uses the OP I commented on to deflect from those actions.

Therefore, I'm using issue you raised and flipping it back onto the poster to see if he, himself, can ascribe to the same standard he's trying to hold others.

Why is that an issue for you?

Oceander

For the most part, I agree with the assertion you've made.

That said, as @dfwgator has, through his posts, made it abundantly clear he does not condemn the actions in VA... and specifically uses the OP I commented on to deflect from those actions.

Therefore, I'm using issue you raised and flipping it back onto the poster to see if he, himself, can ascribe to the same standard he's trying to hold others.

Why is that an issue for you?

Because you've become a one-note johnny on multiple threads making the silly remark that failing to name only white supremacists as at fault here rather than intolerance and hate in general is some sort of culpable deflection and that calling out the MSM on its hypocrisy is attempting to deny the truth of what happened in Charlottesville.  Both are false claims. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Watch this disappear down the liberal memory hole and keep the focus on Charlottesville and Russia, Russia, Russia.
The Republic is lost.

HonestJohn

Because you've become a one-note johnny on multiple threads making the silly remark that failing to name only white supremacists as at fault here rather than intolerance and hate in general is some sort of culpable deflection and that calling out the MSM on its hypocrisy is attempting to deny the truth of what happened in Charlottesville.  Both are false claims.

It seems like you are saying that a Nazi didn't murder someone, but that it was intolerance and hate in general.

That's deflection.

Don't talk about the guy who did it.  No, it was just a nebulous concept that did the killing.

It was not.

Offline dfwgator

What the Hell do you want from me?   If the guy indeed is found guilty of murder, he should fry.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It seems like you are saying that a Nazi didn't murder someone, but that it was intolerance and hate in general.

That's deflection.

Don't talk about the guy who did it.  No, it was just a nebulous concept that did the killing.

It was not.
Lots of nazis murdered lots of people.

I thought this thread was about an eight year old girl getting murdered by some jackass running into a pizza restaurant.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Crazieman

Lots of nazis murdered lots of people.

I thought this thread was about an eight year old girl getting murdered by some jackass running into a pizza restaurant.
That girl means nothing.
Every racist knows a life does not matter until a White has validated it by killing.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Online mountaineer

Not terrorism, just a suicidal crazy man. And the victim was 13, not 8.
More:
...   Who are the victims?

The girl who was killed was a 13-year-old, despite initial reports that she was as young as eight. A further 13 people were injured, four of them very seriously.

The girl's three-year-old brother was among the four in serious condition, and was transferred by helicopter to a children's hospital. The other wounded were being treated on Tuesday morning in hospitals around Paris and the Île-de-France region.

Who was the driver?

Police have said the driver was a 32-year-old who lives in La Ferté-sous-Jouarre, close to Sept-Sorts in the Île-de-France region.

He was not previously known to police and did not attempt to resist arrest. However, he initially tried to flee the scene, the mayor of Sept-Sorts said, but witnesses restrained him.

A judicial source confirmed to AFP on Tuesday morning that the man had "consumed a significant amount of medicine" on Monday.

Why has terrorism been ruled out?

The car-ramming had echoes of some of the acts of terrorism which have rocked France over the past two years. It took place at a restaurant terrace, similar to the cafes, bars and restaurants targeted in the shootings in the November 2015 Paris attacks. And vehicles have also been used as weapons by terrorists, in a truck attack on the Nice Promenade during Bastille Day celebrations last year, and in an attack on soldiers in Paris just days before the pizzeria incident.

But investigators said on Monday evening that they had ruled out "the terrorism hypothesis".

No weapons or explosives were found in the vehicle, despite the fact the driver had reportedly told police he had a Kalashnikov. Deputy prosecutor Eric de Valroger, said there was "no doubt" that the ramming had been deliberate, but he said the incident was a suicide attempt rather than a terror-linked attack.

The suspect "tried to kill himself yesterday (Sunday) without success and decided to try again this way," a source close to the inquiry said.  ...
Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

HonestJohn

What the Hell do you want from me?   If the guy indeed is found guilty of murder, he should fry.

Finally.

Why the (bleep) was that so damn hard for you to do?

Instead, you posted pages of deflection and whaddaboutisms... and then started trying to tie *THIS* thread into it.

Serious, WTF?

---

And to comment on this thread, the guy who did this should fry.  France really ought to bring back their death penalty for murder.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:47:26 pm by HonestJohn »

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Finally.

Why the (bleep) was that so damn hard for you to do?

Instead, you posted pages of deflection and whaddaboutisms... and then started trying to tie *THIS* thread into it.

Serious, WTF?

---

And to comment on this thread, the guy who did this should fry.  France really ought to bring back their death penalty for murder.

It wasn't the first time I said it.

Online dfwgator
View Profile  Personal Message (Online)

Re: Ex-Teacher: Charlottesville Attack Suspect Had Nazi Obsession, Mental Health Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 07:50:36 PM »

Blah blah blah, if he's guilty, fry the bastard.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:45:54 pm by dfwgator »