Author Topic: Ben Shapiro nails truth about dangerous ‘alt-right’ movement in fiery tweet storm  (Read 1614 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Chris Enloe
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/08/13/ben-shapiro-nails-truth-about-dangerous-alt-right-movement-in-fiery-tweet-storm/

Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro masterfully dismantled the narrative surrounding the so-called “alt-right” movement, a far-right political movement that rejects conservatism and embraces white nationalism, in a social media rant on Sunday.

In a 12-tweet Twitter rant, Shapiro decried the “alt-right” movement as “evil” and “having nothing to do with constitutional conservatism.” Shapiro’s tweets came one day after white nationalists fueled racially charged clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia . . .

. . . Shapiro explained that there are three elements that will ensure the alt-right’s growth: “Pandering politicians and media figures catering to or ignoring them; Left-wingers labeling all right-wingers alt-right and therefore leading innocent people to believe that alt-right Judy means right; And left-wing violent groups like Antifa that drive fools into the belief that anyone who fights Antifa is necessarily an ally" . . .

Read the entire rant . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Boom.
I was just saying someone on our side needs to have the balls to tell these groups to frack off.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Boom.
I was just saying someone on our side needs to have the balls to tell these groups to frack off.

Shapiro has been fighting these scumbags all along.

Offline Cripplecreek

We're watching a tiny microcosm replay of brownshirts vs. reds in Weimar Germany. They're even carrying the same flags.

I've been saying that all along. Sadly uneducated morons have informed me that it can't be true because there are no concentration camps.

Offline EasyAce

I've been saying that all along. Sadly uneducated morons have informed me that it can't be true because there are no concentration camps.
They probably think "Weimar" is some beer provoking a tastes great/less filling row.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline goatprairie

Should Republicans condemn all these WN nuts? Sure, but it's not like there's millions or even hundreds of thousands of these losers.  Unlike the antifa and BLM goons, the WN contingent is pitifully small and has practically no impact anywhere. Hollyweird and lib rags like to make it seem that their numbers are huge, but the truth is they are tiny.
Nevertheless, the libs will use this incident to tar all Republicans while ignoring all the violence on their side.

Offline EasyAce

Shapiro has been fighting these scumbags all along.
From the word "go." But I think until now even Shapiro hadn't put it into this compact
a format as he did with the tweetstorm.

Offline ABX

Should Republicans condemn all these WN nuts? Sure, but it's not like there's millions or even hundreds of thousands of these losers.  Unlike the antifa and BLM goons, the WN contingent is pitifully small and has practically no impact anywhere. Hollyweird and lib rags like to make it seem that their numbers are huge, but the truth is they are tiny.
Nevertheless, the libs will use this incident to tar all Republicans while ignoring all the violence on their side.

There may not be millions of actual White Nationalists, but millions of people are duped by their message and websites. Sites and groups like The Council of Conservative Citizens, VDare, the National Policy Institute, Unity & Security for America, American Eagle Party, American Freedom Party, Conservative Citizens Foundation, Identity Evropa , and more are all front groups for overt White Nationalist and Neo-Nazi groups that dupe millions on the right into following them and sharing their content, usually under the guise of 'protecting western civilization' being anti-immigrant, or something like that.

It is the proverbial camel's nose under the tent. They may not have millions signed up as official members, but they have millions inadvertently linking to them and spreading their cause.

Some of these groups, like Identity Evropa have been very successful in recruiting thousands to tens of thousands of college students to their cause under the false guise of fighting leftist groups.

Every single one need to be called out and rejected.

Offline Cripplecreek

They probably think "Weimar" is some beer provoking a tastes great/less filling row.

I even had some genius say that things would have been different if there had been more than 2 candidates to split up the vote and Hitler might not have won.  :facepalm2:

Offline dfwgator

There may not be millions of actual White Nationalists, but millions of people are duped by their message and websites. Sites and groups like The Council of Conservative Citizens, VDare, the National Policy Institute, Unity & Security for America, American Eagle Party, American Freedom Party, Conservative Citizens Foundation, Identity Evropa , and more are all front groups for overt White Nationalist and Neo-Nazi groups that dupe millions on the right into following them and sharing their content, usually under the guise of 'protecting western civilization' being anti-immigrant, or something like that.

It is the proverbial camel's nose under the tent. They may not have millions signed up as official members, but they have millions inadvertently linking to them and spreading their cause.

Some of these groups, like Identity Evropa have been very successful in recruiting thousands to tens of thousands of college students to their cause under the false guise of fighting leftist groups.

Every single one need to be called out and rejected.

As long as the same is done to the leftist groups as well.

Offline ABX

As long as the same is done to the leftist groups as well.

I'm a firm believer in making sure your own house is clean before sticking your nose in your neighbor's windows.

Offline Cripplecreek

I'm a firm believer in making sure your own house is clean before sticking your nose in your neighbor's windows.

Agreed.

We'll never have success in cleaning the neighbor's house. Better to make our house the envy of the neighborhood.

Offline skeeter

Nope we all share this house. The rules need to apply to everyone equally or things will only get worse.

Offline ABX

I even had some genius say that things would have been different if there had been more than 2 candidates to split up the vote and Hitler might not have won.  :facepalm2:

LOL, he didn't win and in the 28 election, there were about 30 parties on the ballot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_federal_election,_1928

He only gained power as a compromise in the Reichstag in the years following because his people rioted.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
By Chris Enloe
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/08/13/ben-shapiro-nails-truth-about-dangerous-alt-right-movement-in-fiery-tweet-storm/

I followed Ben on Facebook.   He shares about a thousand stories a day.   He has posted some markedly non-conservative comments on some of these stories.   

I've kinda put him in the Milo category now.   Smary guy but working on becoming an entertainer.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline andy58-in-nh

There weren't any in 1933, either.

I do not imagine we will ever have any here, courtesy of the nationalist "alt-Right".  We're a long way from Weimar Germany, much less what followed.

The radical Left is still a bigger threat at this point, because they not only possess a greater number of adherents, but dominate our most vital social institutions.

That said, I would keep a wary eye on the Brownshirt wannabes.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
These people are going to vote for someone, they have likely voted for other "conservative" candidates in the past.

Ben Shapiro is as into identity politics as anyone and now, he's being the big hero; by putting down a segment of the population. He's stood as a Neo-Con before, he says he's pro-life but this other issue seems more important to him. He's a great debater and likely has the answers one would toss him but nonetheless, he's a biased never Trumper.

Offline ABX

I followed Ben on Facebook.   He shares about a thousand stories a day.   He has posted some markedly non-conservative comments on some of these stories.   

I've kinda put him in the Milo category now.   Smary guy but working on becoming an entertainer.

There is a generic 'Ben Shapiro' page on Facebook similar to many other pundit's pages that aren't run or controlled by them but are run by buzzfeed type groups that just dump stories and comments in mass. Usually they are pages run by a media company responsible for that pundit's booking and other events. Their job is to give the pundit as much exposure as possible.

If this is the one you follow, this is not Ben's actual page but the 'buzzfeed' type page I described. Posts here aren't by him.
https://www.facebook.com/Ben-Shapiro-203805062990264/?ref=br_rs

This is Ben's actual page he is on and posts from (I've known him since the old Townhall.com days before they sold out to Salem along with Hot Air and others).
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=26304

Offline driftdiver

There is a generic 'Ben Shapiro' page on Facebook similar to many other pundit's pages that aren't run or controlled by them but are run by buzzfeed type groups that just dump stories and comments in mass. Usually they are pages run by a media company responsible for that pundit's booking and other events. Their job is to give the pundit as much exposure as possible.

If this is the one you follow, this is not Ben's actual page but the 'buzzfeed' type page I described. Posts here aren't by him.
https://www.facebook.com/Ben-Shapiro-203805062990264/?ref=br_rs

This is Ben's actual page he is on and posts from (I've known him since the old Townhall.com days before they sold out to Salem along with Hot Air and others).
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=26304

Its the buzzfeed one.  Its got his name and its probably doing him more harm then good.   Palin did the same thing.  It got so bad I stopped following her.

Usually a one or two work post with a link to some story.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
There weren't any in 1933, either.

I do not imagine we will ever have any here, courtesy of the nationalist "alt-Right".  We're a long way from Weimar Germany, much less what followed.

The radical Left is still a bigger threat at this point, because they not only possess a greater number of adherents, but dominate our most vital social institutions.

That said, I would keep a wary eye on the Brownshirt wannabes.

As far as I'm concerned they're both anti-liberty.

Silver Pines

@driftdiver

I read Shapiro's Twitter every day and I have yet to see anything less than Constitutional conservatism from him.

We should all be such an "entertainer."  He runs a conservative news site, has a top-rated podcast, and he goes to colleges and universities all over the country, engaging liberals and explaining and promoting conservatism to students. 

I guess he should take a lesson from those of us who do really vital work, like posting on forums.

Silver Pines

These people are going to vote for someone, they have likely voted for other "conservative" candidates in the past.

Ben Shapiro is as into identity politics as anyone and now, he's being the big hero; by putting down a segment of the population. He's stood as a Neo-Con before, he says he's pro-life but this other issue seems more important to him. He's a great debater and likely has the answers one would toss him but nonetheless, he's a biased never Trumper.

@TomSea

"Neo-con".

I get you.

Offline Cripplecreek

@TomSea

"Neo-con".

I get you.

You saw the fliers for the Unite the "right" rally didn't you.

Offline musiclady

As far as I'm concerned they're both anti-liberty.

They both are.  As andy said, the leftist group is bigger and more powerful, but both extremes are dangerous, and opposed to the freedom of anyone who doesn't conform to their narrow, rigid, mind numbed ideology.

I even hate that the word "right" is included in the term "alt-right."   They don't stand for anything a conservative believes in.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver

I read Shapiro's Twitter every day and I have yet to see anything less than Constitutional conservatism from him.

We should all be such an "entertainer."  He runs a conservative news site, has a top-rated podcast, and he goes to colleges and universities all over the country, engaging liberals and explaining and promoting conservatism to students. 

I guess he should take a lesson from those of us who do really vital work, like posting on forums.

@CatherineofAragon
 Man if only I were so smart, a pure conservative.   Wise beyond belief.  Quite the piece of work you are. 

You argue against blind support of Trump and yet you polish Bens shoes without qualm.

Sign up for his facebook feeds if you doubt.  Its really not all that hard to see, unless of course someone is willfully blind.