Author Topic: NY Times Reporter Admits Antifa Protesters In Charlottesville Were 'Hate-Filled' And Violent Before Left Forces Her To Backtrack  (Read 1971 times)

HonestJohn

Nothing...but what's your point? They don't have the right to exist or practice their first amendment rights? The constitution says they do.

The whole point of the article was that one should abhore Antifas *because* they were 'hate-filled' against the Nazis who were in VA.

There are good reasons to despise Antifas... but not that.  To make *THAT* the issue speaks of a larger issue with the author of the article.

---

Corrected spelling.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:58:38 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
What's wrong with hating Nazis, the Klan, and White Supremacists?

In Antifa's case, it's an unhealthy mental condition, which leads to irrationality and violence.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

HonestJohn

Genuine conservatives - Constitutional conservatives, Reagan conservatives -  know that the brand is tarnished by the alt-right creeps.   The left wants nothing more than to conflate conservatism with the alt-right creeps.  That's why genuine conservatives were so critical of Trump's initial reaction to the Charlottesville violence.  Of course the antifa is as hateful as the alt-right - but so far, it's only the alt-right that's been running folks down with cars.

Will the left disown the antifa when they inevitably turn to violence?   

I'd hope so.

But do we now have the moral authority to condemn them, now that we're showing how difficult it is to condemn Nazis, the Klan. and White Supremacists?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:07:56 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The Atlantic publishes a long and fairly detailed article on Antifa, its roots, and growth in the internet age.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,276278.0.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline aligncare

I find the Nazi ideology abhorrent but they do have the right to assemble and speak in public, just like black lives matters or whoever, and not be attacked.

To me that is wrong.

Every year Nazi and triple K have staged protests in DC, and no one notices. Now there's media focus.

Any educated guesses why now? Hint, has to do with the media narrative dé jour: Trump and his peeps are racist. It was simply time to move on from Russia! Russia! Russia!

And NeverTrump lingers on giving the latest narrative a boost.

Offline GourmetDan

Lets just say it was the Perfect Storm.   The Amtifas containing all the usual suspects in large Leftist protest that turn violent. Up against racist scum with a long history of violenve and murder themsleves. It wad not going to end well.

More likely it was set-up intentionally... for the purpose of damaging Trump and to maintain white conservative guilt at levels that will allow antifa/BLM to continue their violence...

All of these groups are infiltrated and getting a few bad actors to show up to incite violence while the local Democrat pols order the police to 'stand down' is a deliberate act... not a 'mistake'...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
More likely it was set-up intentionally... for the purpose of damaging Trump and to maintain white conservative guilt at levels that will allow antifa/BLM to continue their violence...

All of these groups are infiltrated and getting a few bad actors to show up to incite violence while the local Democrat pols order the police to 'stand down' is a deliberate act... not a 'mistake'...

@GourmetDan
I wonder how many federal agents were in that crowd.     
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

Every year Nazi and triple K have staged protests in DC, and no one notices. Now there's media focus.

Any educated guesses why now? Hint, has to do with the media narrative dé jour: Trump and his peeps are racist. It was simply time to move on from Russia! Russia! Russia!

And NeverTrump lingers on giving the latest narrative a boost.

@aligncare
And the sheep follow

Offline GourmetDan

I wonder how many federal agents were in that crowd.   

Interesting articles about the organizer, Jason Kessler...

The Bird Dogging Cutout Operations at the C-ville Ambush

"Jason Kessler was the organizer of the Charlottesville ambush. Mr. Kessler is a late comer to “Alt Right” activism. Indeed a thinking person looking at his resume might have real pause about attending a rally that he organized. For example how does an individual who was an assignment editor for faux news CNN suddenly emerge as the leader of the C-ville fiasco?"

Report: ‘Unite the Right’ Organizer Jason Kessler Was Obama Supporter Involved With Occupy Movement

"Nothing smells right about any of this. In fact, Lee Stranahan has connected the “Unite the Right” rally to an identical Neo-Nazi movement in Ukraine supported by John McCain and Hillary Clinton."

The things you are discussing so seriously are exactly what the globalists want you to discuss... wake up kiddies...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I imagine this reporter is being "re-educated" about slandering the peaceful Antifa
Countdown to Resignation

Offline driftdiver

Interesting articles about the organizer, Jason Kessler...

The Bird Dogging Cutout Operations at the C-ville Ambush

"Jason Kessler was the organizer of the Charlottesville ambush. Mr. Kessler is a late comer to “Alt Right” activism. Indeed a thinking person looking at his resume might have real pause about attending a rally that he organized. For example how does an individual who was an assignment editor for faux news CNN suddenly emerge as the leader of the C-ville fiasco?"

Report: ‘Unite the Right’ Organizer Jason Kessler Was Obama Supporter Involved With Occupy Movement

"Nothing smells right about any of this. In fact, Lee Stranahan has connected the “Unite the Right” rally to an identical Neo-Nazi movement in Ukraine supported by John McCain and Hillary Clinton."

The things you are discussing so seriously are exactly what the globalists want you to discuss... wake up kiddies...

And THAT is why the left and the eGOP have united in an effort to remove Trump.  He is a threat to their globalist movement.   Removing the foot of govt on our necks through these regulations is but one example. 

Trump is deeply flawed but that is why I decided to support him.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Antifa: Left-wing militants on the rise
BBC.com, Aug 14, 2017

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40930831

Anti-fascist counter-protesters outside Emancipation Park in Charlottesville

Offline dfwgator

Antifa = Soccer hooligans without the soccer.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Antifa = Soccer hooligans without the soccer.

Worse. The hooligans just want to fight. These guys want to actively seek out and beat people up for disagreeing with them.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
(dis)HonestJohn asks:
"What's wrong with hating Nazis, the Klan, and White Supremacists?"

Nothing. Hate them if you wish. That's fine with me.

What IS "wrong" is to deny them the same Constitutional rights to assemble and speak publicly that YOU enjoy. I sense you would do NOTHING to deny such rights to leftists.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 02:10:39 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Freedom928 wrote above:
"I don't know. The left really wants another civil war but they don't understand what will happen to them once they lose and what the loss of life numbers will be. Last time it was 620k; this time it will likely be in the millions. Maybe tens of millions. Then what? Assuming a win by the right; what do we do with the leftists left alive? It's not like we could ever turn our back to them; they could never be trusted so where do they go?"

Just wonderin', have you ever read Thomas Chittum's "Civil War II"?

It's freely available on the net.
Try this link:
https://archive.org/details/CivilWar2

If that doesn't work, try searching with the string "pdf civil war ii chittum".
Seek, and ye shall find.

It's a very interesting book.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The dim bulb Governor and Mayor stated they didn't think there would be a problem with this peaceful protest the "White Nationalist" got a legal permit for.

The antifa anarchists did not get a permit and showed up ready to rumble. .....

Both sides had permits. http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,276452.0.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I was pointing out that the notion that even a blind squirrel gets the nut sometimes.

Hating Nazis is that nut.

That we shouldn't be defining our notions of right-and-wrong in opposition to the left.

And pointing out that it's very much looking like many posters here are doing just that.
I guess you don't get the real purpose of the protest in the park, the one to protest the removal of yet another Confederate monument. That is what has been lost in the violence and finger pointing that would assert either violent group is blameless.

Okay, You have every Right to hate on Nazis more than neoCommunists, but I think you are missing something seminal in that.

IF you value the rule of law, at the point where people attack, wielding axe handles and clubs and throwing bottles of urine into a group who had a permit to gather where they were for the purpose of peaceful protest, you will see through the red haze of hatred and see that one group was wrong, in a legal sense.

I don't agree with either group, be it BLM, Antifa, KKK, or the White Nationalists, because the purpose of all those groups was to grab the headlines and take the focus off of the main point of the protest--the call to stop destroying monuments to historical personages.

And, just to be clear, I definitely do not agree with using a vehicle as a weapon against a crowd that isn't directly posing a lethal threat.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 06:30:20 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis