Author Topic: NY Times Reporter Admits Antifa Protesters In Charlottesville Were 'Hate-Filled' And Violent Before Left Forces Her To Backtrack  (Read 1954 times)

rangerrebew

NY Times Reporter Admits Antifa Protesters In Charlottesville Were 'Hate-Filled' And Violent Before Left Forces Her To Backtrack
"I saw club-wielding 'antifa' beating white nationalists being led out of the park."

ByJames Barrett
August 14, 2017
13.1k views

New York Times reporter Sheryl Gay Stolberg made the mistake of admitting that along with the abhorrent, violent, white supremacists who terrorized Charlottesville over the weekend, many Antifa protesters were also enacting "hate-filled" violence, as they've done in several other cities in recent months. For noting that the "hard left seemed as hate-filled as the alt-right" — citing "club-wielding 'antifa' beating white nationalists being led out of the park" — Stolberg was hammered online, even after repenting and issuing a correction that depicted the violent left in more heroic terms.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/19673/ny-times-reporter-admits-antifa-protesters-james-barrett

Offline dfwgator

I would say that before Charlottesville, most people didn't even know what "Antifa" was.     Now the truth will start coming out about them.

HonestJohn

What's wrong with hating Nazis, the Klan, and White Supremacists?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

So you're going to try to get the forum to support the Antifas?

Good luck with that.

Offline Crazieman

Good luck with that.
I can think of a few other users that would.
Glad to see you're not.  You may hate Trump with a passion, but at least you haven't thrown genuine Conservatism overboard.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

What's wrong with hating Antifa? Why is the Left making this reporter walk her statements back?

Are you saying this NYT is conservative? White nationalist?
The Republic is lost.

HonestJohn

Good luck with that.

Because hating Nazis makes you Antifas?

• Technical
Because hating Nazis makes you Antifas?

:shrug: I don't know, the way you stated in, in the context of this thread, made it seem like you were defending them.

HonestJohn

:shrug: I don't know, the way you stated in, in the context of this thread, made it seem like you were defending them.

I was pointing out that the notion that even a blind squirrel gets the nut sometimes.

Hating Nazis is that nut.

That we shouldn't be defining our notions of right-and-wrong in opposition to the left.

And pointing out that it's very much looking like many posters here are doing just that.

• Technical
I was pointing out that the notion that even a blind squirrel gets the nut sometimes.

Hating Nazis is that nut.

That we shouldn't be defining our notions of right-and-wrong in opposition to the left.

And pointing out that it's very much looking like many posters here are doing just that.

I find the Nazi ideology abhorrent but they do have the right to assemble and speak in public, just like black lives matters or whoever, and not be attacked.

To me that is wrong.

HonestJohn

I find the Nazi ideology abhorrent but they do have the right to assemble and speak in public, just like black lives matters or whoever, and not be attacked.

To me that is wrong.

How does hating Nazis change that?

Offline Freedom928

The dim bulb Governor and Mayor stated they didn't think there would be a problem with this peaceful protest the "White Nationalist" got a legal permit for.

The antifa anarchists did not get a permit and showed up ready to rumble. The WN's heard about the crazies from antifa hurting people badly, one with a lock on a chain, so some of them came armed and carrying openly which is legal in that state.

Now how stupid does a Gov, Mayor, or police chief have to be to not anticipate a potential problem? I'm thinking they wanted violence to happen and they got their wish; just not the way they had hoped for. The left genuinely wants open warfare with the right. I believe they will get their wish but not the outcome they expect once again.

Anyone can see these two groups have to be kept far apart from each other. Even a blind squirrel could see that. I think the left was hoping someone on the right would shoot someone on the left so they could open the gun grabbing debate again. The left knows they can't defeat the right in open warfare because we are armed every way from Sunday and good with them while they mostly have rocks, bottles, and bats which is just fine in a hand to hand fight in the streets; their kind of fighting.

I don't know. The left really wants another civil war but they don't understand what will happen to them once they lose and what the loss of life numbers will be. Last time it was 620k; this time it will likely be in the millions. Maybe tens of millions. Then what? Assuming a win by the right; what do we do with the leftists left alive? It's not like we could ever turn our back to them; they could never be trusted so where do they go?

Many on the left have openly said they want white genocide. Imagine if that kind of thing actually started happening. All people would instantly become targets of either the whites or the blacks/browns. Man; that would be really ugly. All movement would either have to be as covert as possible or in large groups; large enough to protect against an attack by another group. Bad.

I was hoping to live during interesting times but nothing like this... I was hoping for something like space exploration and neat new inventions; maybe even see the cure for male pattern baldness.
Political Correctness Offends Me.

Offline Crazieman

The dim bulb Governor and Mayor stated they didn't think there would be a problem with this peaceful protest the "White Nationalist" got a legal permit for.

The antifa anarchists did not get a permit and showed up ready to rumble. The WN's heard about the crazies from antifa hurting people badly, one with a lock on a chain, so some of them came armed and carrying openly which is legal in that state.

Now how stupid does a Gov, Mayor, or police chief have to be to not anticipate a potential problem? I'm thinking they wanted violence to happen and they got their wish; just not the way they had hoped for. The left genuinely wants open warfare with the right. I believe they will get their wish but not the outcome they expect once again.

Anyone can see these two groups have to be kept far apart from each other. Even a blind squirrel could see that. I think the left was hoping someone on the right would shoot someone on the left so they could open the gun grabbing debate again. The left knows they can't defeat the right in open warfare because we are armed every way from Sunday and good with them while they mostly have rocks, bottles, and bats which is just fine in a hand to hand fight in the streets; their kind of fighting.

I don't know. The left really wants another civil war but they don't understand what will happen to them once they lose and what the loss of life numbers will be. Last time it was 620k; this time it will likely be in the millions. Maybe tens of millions. Then what? Assuming a win by the right; what do we do with the leftists left alive? It's not like we could ever turn our back to them; they could never be trusted so where do they go?

Many on the left have openly said they want white genocide. Imagine if that kind of thing actually started happening. All people would instantly become targets of either the whites or the blacks/browns. Man; that would be really ugly. All movement would either have to be as covert as possible or in large groups; large enough to protect against an attack by another group. Bad.

I was hoping to live during interesting times but nothing like this... I was hoping for something like space exploration and neat new inventions; maybe even see the cure for male pattern baldness.
Understanding the left desire for white genocide is racist, fascistic and Nazism.
Say 4 hail Karl Marxes and tear down a Robert E Lee statue.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline goatprairie

I would say that before Charlottesville, most people didn't even know what "Antifa" was.     Now the truth will start coming out about them.
"Now the truth will start coming out about them"

Don't be so sure.  I've gotten some national forums and broached Antifa to a number of self-proclaimed leftists who were busy smearing all conservatives as violent.
Most refused to accept the fact that Antifa has  instigated far more violent acts than the WNs.
And don't rely on the national media to print  the truth about Antifa or BLM. They'll do their usual rotten gatekeeping job of never mentioning bad people on the left.

Offline goatprairie

Nothing...but what's your point? They don't have the right to exist or practice their first amendment rights? The constitution says they do.

• Technical
How does hating Nazis change that?

It doesn't, just want to be clear. I see WN and Nazis like I see Alex Jones types and conspiracy theorist: they're unreachable and need to figure out on their own that what they believe is BS.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I can think of a few other users that would.
Glad to see you're not.  You may hate Trump with a passion, but at least you haven't thrown genuine Conservatism overboard.

Genuine conservatives - Constitutional conservatives, Reagan conservatives -  know that the brand is tarnished by the alt-right creeps.   The left wants nothing more than to conflate conservatism with the alt-right creeps.  That's why genuine conservatives were so critical of Trump's initial reaction to the Charlottesville violence.  Of course the antifa is as hateful as the alt-right - but so far, it's only the alt-right that's been running folks down with cars.

Will the left disown the antifa when they inevitably turn to violence?     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

Disagree. They are inherently violent. The history of the movement is saturated in violence. They have the right to speak but they don't have the right to choose whatever place they desire to congregate if it will lead to violence.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

No. They are the fascist muscle of the Left. Fascists must be pushed back into their holes.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
No. They are the fascist muscle of the Left. Fascists must be pushed back into their holes.

Fascists of all stripes need each other.   Time to chase all these roaches back into their holes.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline dfwgator

Fascists of all stripes need each other.   Time to chase all these roaches back into their holes.

On this we agree.

Offline Mom MD

On this we agree.

The antifa are always violent  it's what they do.  While the neonazis aren't usually violent in and of themselves I believe they enjoy provoking violence.  A bad combination   This country would be better off without both flavors of vermin.  If innocent people and property wouldn't get hurt I'd say let them have it out and we will hose down the site when they are through
God is still in control

Offline Right_in_Virginia

When they turn to violence?    Make no mistake about it, both Antifa's and BLM's M.O. is violence.... beating people bloody with clubs, bats and fists, destroying property, torching cars.  I think you're asking when they inevitably kill will the left disown them. 

Where have you been?

Offline jpsb

Hating is bad for you. And it really does not matter who you are hating.

Offline NavyCanDo

Good luck with that.

Lets just say it was the Perfect Storm.   The Amtifas containing all the usual suspects in large Leftist protest that turn violent. Up against racist scum with a long history of violenve and murder themsleves. It wad not going to end well.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn