Author Topic: Merck's CEO resigned from Trump's manufacturing council over Charlottesville — and immediately faced Trump's ire  (Read 6787 times)

Offline dfwgator

He was actually in Dresden during the firebombing, as a POW.  He survived in a meat locker.

"Hey Kurt,  you read lips?"

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
He was actually in Dresden during the firebombing, as a POW.  He survived in a meat locker.

I read the book when I was 12. Loved it. But I forgot that. Thank you @Suppressed
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Why do we even need a White House Manufacturing Council?

Where do you think crises come from? The stork?  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@corbe, @Emjay , I brought up Vonnegut because @Once-Ler quoted him with "so it goes" and mentioned Kilgore Trout.

I do recommend Slaughterhouse Five, for your first taste of Vonnegut. It's about the bombing of Dresden during WW II and the Children's Crusade. Don't bother with the movie, it's bad, and very dated.  If I recall correctly, Mr Vonnegut was stationed in Dresden after the war.

it will be a nice break from all that's going on in the world right now. I mean, loosing yourself in a book for an hour or two and forgetting about everything else. Priceless. :)

I love politics, but I'm getting weary of them....some days you need to step back. Take a walk or do something with a loved one just to have a few moments of mental health time, or a staycation.

Thanks, Freya.  I finally found the library here and will pick it up if they have it.

I totally agree with you about the need to step back and, well, we have a puppy now so your second suggestion is apt as well.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
There seems to be some misunderstanding here.  I asked if you had posted the story elsewhere because it is not directly related to the OP and I would like to read and comment further on it.

Then I owe you, and offer you, my apology.

I brought this subject up a few years ago at TOS, but haven't had time to go back through my comment history over there yet.

(did you get to the Merck employee gripes/accusations over/with Q and A holding down the fort at the cockroach motel?)

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline RoosGirl

Then I owe you, and offer you, my apology.

I brought this subject up a few years ago at TOS, but haven't had time to go back through my comment history over there yet.

(did you get to the Merck employee gripes/accusations over/with Q and A holding down the fort at the cockroach motel?)

I'd rather comment on a separate thread about that.  Did you post the story elsewhere here?  I did a bit of reading on the "other side" of the story you posted.  Seems HPV DNA is to be expected in the vaccine.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Thanks, Freya.  I finally found the library here and will pick it up if they have it.

I totally agree with you about the need to step back and, well, we have a puppy now so your second suggestion is apt as well.

@Emjay , yay for the puppy! I wish I could pet it.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay , yay for the puppy! I wish I could pet it.

It's a Golden Retriever Puppy and adorable.  My daughter suddenly lost her 6 year old Golden, Sparky.  I was afraid she wouldn't be able to bring herself to get another dog, but this puppy came to us kinda magically.  He's very sweet.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com