Author Topic: VIDEO: Protesters Attacked Charlottesville Driver’s Car With Baseball Bat (Respectful discussion only please)  (Read 15189 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
P.S. Don't waste your time calling me a Nazi Trump sympathizer. I am just throwing thoughts out to be bounced around. Bite me if I tick you off.

A little confused as to what I may have posted previously that would lead to to believe I may, but OK.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
A little confused as to what I may have posted previously that would lead to to believe I may, but OK.

FWIW, I think sometimes posts-comments are generalized, and not meant as a comment directly to another poster even though they are quoted.

I thought @Sighlass was talking to me.  :laugh:

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
FWIW, I think sometimes posts-comments are generalized, and not meant as a comment directly to another poster even though they are quoted.

I thought @Sighlass was talking to me.  :laugh:

Exactly!   Happens often.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

At a minimum, without political complications, I see involuntary vehicular manslaughter. At the other end of the spectrum, Murder 1. The final charges, and I predict either a conviction or a ruling of insanity, will likely fall in between. I do not think the young man will walk.

YEP. I don't think it's a walk. Nor that it should be (barring some extenuating circumstance like an epileptic fit or something).

Offline roamer_1

Do I think the kid was guilty. Good chance of it. Do I think he took a 3 block run and start at them, nope, In 3 blocks I can get my little truck with half the horsepower 4X that speed. But he did seem he was definitely going faster than what was safe in a crowd to drive that final block.

I am like a lot of folks here, if he wanted to do more damage he could of simply swerved to the side. Was he in his right mind, who knows, obviously someone that belongs to such a group is not right to begin with. But he sure straightened up enough to back up at speed with some driving flair.

Evidence shows a lot of stuff will have to be explained if he expect not to do some major time. He might of hotheaded it into the area, but only at the last second completely lose his cool after being hit with the bat, but that is a stretch.

That's about right Sighlass.

Offline edpc

Trump already said he was a murderer.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

@edpc @bigheadfred  Yeah, it was undirectional by the time I got around to stating it, I did read the previous sections of the debate and someone said something and I didn't remember who or even what, but just saying I post what I think no matter what someone thinks about it. Just didn't want to get tied down in what I consider as schematics stuff. We all throw out opinions, some I agree with, some I don't, but the side muck sometimes goes center stage for no good reason IMHO.

IOWs don't sweat it, it wasn't personal.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

My question is where did the baseball bats come from and who had them.....
How about how come this dirtbag has an aerosol can with him at a rally?  Seems premeditated as much to kill or maim as any baseball bat. 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Bullsh*t.  He took a running head start and plowed into people.  Just 'cause you don't kill the theoretical maximum doesn't prove you weren't trying to kill at all.
Think this guy was trying to kill anybody?  Not a defensive weapon, but an offensive weapon.
 Wonder how he could justify bringing an aerosol can with him to a rally if he was not contemplating premeditated murder or assault?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

All I ever need to ever see.   

Anyone in this video that beat that man got to trial and convicted?

Offline edpc

Yes - four of them......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Reginald_Denny
I read that.  Seems for almost beating a man to death, the sentences were very light, except for one of them, who received a ten year sentence but got off in 4.  That thug should have been in longer, as he was convicted of murder of another human.  Her remains in jail.

Offline edpc

I read that.  Seems for almost beating a man to death, the sentences were very light, except for one of them, who received a ten year sentence but got off in 4.  That thug should have been in longer, as he was convicted of murder of another human.  Her remains in jail.

He has some issues with tinnitus and vision, but physically recovered fairly well from such damage.  He doesn't bear the assailants any ill will.  He's a better person than I am.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KLT3TUultt0

Oceander

Think this guy was trying to kill anybody?  Not a defensive weapon, but an offensive weapon.
 Wonder how he could justify bringing an aerosol can with him to a rally if he was not contemplating premeditated murder or assault?

No, I don't think he was planning to murder someone; however, if he ended up causing someone's death using that thing, he'd still get convicted of murder for it. 

As far as premeditation goes, it can happen in the last few seconds before the fatal act is done.  It doesn't take much to find premeditation.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
He has some issues with tinnitus and vision, but physically recovered fairly well from such damage.  He doesn't bear the assailants any ill will.  He's a better person than I am.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KLT3TUultt0
Yeah. He is. As a truck driver, there went his career with the vision issues. I would have been waiting for those boys when they got out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fantom

No, I don't think he was planning to murder someone; however, if he ended up causing someone's death using that thing, he'd still get convicted of murder for it. 

As far as premeditation goes, it can happen in the last few seconds before the fatal act is done.  It doesn't take much to find premeditation.

Of course he would be convicted of murder using a flamethrower. That is a clear willful act. An act of terrorism, and certainly one of denying Civil rights. He was under no threat, he was the one making the treat.

Just like the ones who attacked the man in the car.....they were the aggressors. They are called antifa/blm. Fascist leftist terrorist. 

I see no "premeditation" on the part of the innocent driver...only reacting to the willful terroristic violence of the antifa/blm mob. Personally I , feel he not only acted as a reasonable person would in that environment. But also acted with admirable restraint.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

IOWs don't sweat it, it wasn't personal.

No problem.  I fix broken medical equipment for a living.  People yell at me all the time.

Offline Fantom

No problem.  I fix broken medical equipment for a living.  People yell at me all the time.

Only when the oxygen is working again..... :smokin:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Oceander

Of course he would be convicted of murder using a flamethrower. That is a clear willful act. An act of terrorism, and certainly one of denying Civil rights. He was under no threat, he was the one making the treat.

Just like the ones who attacked the man in the car.....they were the aggressors. They are called antifa/blm. Fascist leftist terrorist. 

I see no "premeditation" on the part of the innocent driver...only reacting to the willful terroristic violence of the antifa/blm mob. Personally I , feel he not only acted as a reasonable person would in that environment. But also acted with admirable restraint.

I see premeditation on the part of the driver - the last minute, when he made the decision to use his car as a weapon.  He formed sufficient intent to kill at that point to make him guilty of murder.

That you continue to defend this rotting piece of sh#t absolutely astounds me.  What happened, you can't find the new tor router address for the stormfront website?

So not premeditated, bringing an can of hairspray or deodorant to a protest?  Right.......

Wingnut

What everyone is missing is the beautiful flower.  So happy.... and in full bloom.  A happy place.   888high58888

Offline Fantom

That you continue to defend this rotting piece of sh#t absolutely astounds me.  What happened, you can't find the new tor router address for the stormfront website?

Opps..... Trigger warning.....

Sorry 'Bout that Oceander, I surely did not mean to ruffle your ANTIFA sensibilities.  See Oceander..we can both do that, but why? Understand that decent people do disagree with you.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:52:10 pm by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

What everyone is missing is the beautiful flower.  So happy.... and in full bloom.  A happy place.   888high58888

The guy does not look happy...maybe a case of Cross pollination........ ****sheep****

Frederick Douglass

Silver Pines

Opps..... Trigger warning.....

Sorry 'Bout that Oceander, I surely did not mean to ruffle your ANTIFA sensibilities.  See Oceander..we can both do that, but why? Understand that decent people do disagree with you.

@Fantom

Personally, I completely get the fact that decent people disagree.

But defend Nazis?  No.  And hell no.

Offline edpc

Personally, I completely get the fact that decent people disagree.

But defend Nazis?  No.  And hell no.

I'd rather have them out there and known.  It gives me an opportunity to know who they are, what they stand for, and who to avoid.  Antifa, on the other hand, hide like cowards behind masks and hoodies.  If their cause of fighting fascism and racism is so noble, why conceal yourself?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:05:41 pm by edpc »