Author Topic: VIDEO: Protesters Attacked Charlottesville Driver’s Car With Baseball Bat (Respectful discussion only please)  (Read 15233 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If you look at some of the videos that show him up the hill, he took a three block running start at them with no one around. He had many safe places to turn off or turn around or could have backed up. His actions in no way appear as to be someone in danger trying to flee. That was an attack not much different than recent Isis terrorist actions using vehicles to run into crowds.

There is the possibility he didn't realize there were cars in the street and he thought he could scatter people like a flock of pigeons with out the intention of hurting anyone. But the people down there had no place to go to avoid him and he had no way to avoid them at that point.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Problem is, they are attacking his car with bats AFTER the collision – which would explain why he reversed out of there at high-speed.  Various still photos posted here show the car undamaged as it approached.   In this video, you can tell he was arriving at some speed, as the tires 'chirp' when he goes through the dip in the intersection. Someone on the side of the road hits his car with a flagpole, as it goes by.   That may have prompted the speed up.

Unedited - some language....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxiLH2mh-w

Great analysis of the video.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The desire to protect a degenerate POS from the full consequences of his actions on this thread is disgusting.
Well said.

Offline roamer_1

You can believe his electronic devices have been seized and they are combing through his communications to see if there are any discussions of intentions prior to the event. Unless they have something like that or a statement from him, they're going to be hard-pressed to prove intent. My guess is negligent homicide or involuntary manslaughter.

Sure... all that, except I don't rightly care to predict where it will end up. I'm just going to reserve judgement till I know a little more.  The vids are inflammatory and not particularly evidence beyond the deed itself. I will wait for something resembling an official report.

If this was done with malice aforethought, I will join the hue and cry.

Offline Fantom

Can we just have the friggin' trial?    All this speculation is pointless, the truth will come out.

And if he's guilty, he fries.

Or he will be rail roaded as some disgusting lawyers desire.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

How many real Nazis do you think there are in this country today?

Counting, you me , everyone else posting here according to kasick/msn/...and the left.... 66 million Nazis.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:10:51 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

The video clearly shows he was not surrounded until he plowed into the people he hated so very very much.

Actually, every vid I have seen show's he was surrounded by leftist antifa/blam terrorist . Including an attack before he accelerated to get away.

Maybe you prefer him dragged out of his car by these antifa/blam terrorist.. another Reginald Denny?

I do not care what his personal views are... the lefts antifa/blm have proven how violent they are ..coast to coast. This man has civil rights too as well as Constitutional rights.

Personally, given the facts I see.. I will not jump on the MSN antifa/BLM bandwagon, and railroad justice on this.

Frederick Douglass

Wingnut

I think he will get off.   

Offline Fantom

Frederick Douglass

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I think he will get off.

Unless some camera hound lawyer like Geragos or someone like that steps forward, there will probably be a plea deal.  There's usually someone who steps in when cases are so high profile.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:12:29 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fantom

Unless some camera hound lawyer like Geragos or someone like that steps forward, there will probably be a plea deal.

Most likely, what.. they charged him with second degree murder?  That is a very far reach. At most it is vehicular manslaughter. Most likely a plea to negligent homicide.

Or the disgusting will prevail, and he will be hung on the Mall at noon with a statue of General Lee tied to his feet.

Sad really, as he is most likely innocent of any charge.... but self preservation.

Frederick Douglass

Wingnut

Unless some camera hound lawyer like Geragos or someone like that steps forward, there will probably be a plea deal.  There's usually someone who steps in when cases are so high profile.

Most likely, what.. they charged him with second degree murder?  That is a very far reach. At most it is vehicular manslaughter. Most likely a plea to negligent homicide.

Or the disgusting will prevail, and he will be hung on the Mall at noon with a statue of General Lee tied to his feet.

Sad really, as he is most likely innocent of any charge.... but self preservation.

Agreed.  The guy is being railroaded.   They need a face to pin the event on.  I hope he gets off.

Offline bolobaby

Agreed.  The guy is being railroaded.   They need a face to pin the event on.  I hope he gets off.

No way. He's guilty of SOMETHING, I'm just not sure what yet. It's a question of intent.

In order for me to say "he should get off" the vehicle would have had to have been breached. That *obviously* did not happen, therefore his actions are clearly excessive and criminal.

Again - to me, it's a question of whether or not it was a heat of the moment reaction, in which case the crime is Involuntary Manslaughter.

Edit: And, actually, there is a very good argument that he shouldn't have gone down that street in the first place, which could easily escalate the charge to Voluntary Manslaughter. Premeditation is required for greater charges, and I have yet to see any evidence of that.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:29:51 am by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Wingnut

Angry Crowd with Bats and stuff blocking the street....I'm running their butts over.   He's Not guilty

Offline edpc

Angry Crowd with Bats and stuff blocking the street....I'm running their butts over.   He's Not guilty.

One of the problems he's going to have is the fact the other cars were surrounded, moving, and not being damaged by the crowd. It'll be interesting to see what statements the vehicle occupants give about the situation as things progress.

In this 2013 incident, the driver was not charged and found to be acting in defense of his own and his family's safety.  The motorcyclists were found to be engaging in unlawful and unsafe behavior, causing the incident. We'll see how things bear out in this case.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NjtAY8rSQ

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/01/nypd-suspects-sought-in-attack-on-suv-driver/
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:45:39 am by edpc »

Offline Fantom

Angry Crowd with Bats and stuff blocking the street....I'm running their butts over.   He's Not guilty

Yep.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

One of the problems he's going to have is the fact the other cars were surrounded, moving, and not being damaged by the crowd. It'll be interesting to see what statements the vehicle occupants give about the situation as things progress.

In this 2013 incident, the driver was not charged and found to be acting in defense of his own and his family's safety.  The motorcyclists were found to be engaging in unlawful and unsafe behavior, causing the incident. We'll see how things bear out in this case.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NjtAY8rSQ

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/01/nypd-suspects-sought-in-attack-on-suv-driver/

He would have no prior knowledge of that. Only the treat..well known and presented here too by the violent leftist antifa/blam(they shoot).

As for the cars stopped.. you bring up an interesting point, were they owned by leftist and used as a blockade?

Frederick Douglass

Wingnut

All I ever need to ever see.   

Offline aligncare

Don't know you except by what I see of you on these pages and I gotta tell you, some of the things you say are bizarre. I never know when you're being serious though. Seriously. So I would appreciate it if you could give a heads up when you're being sincere, a warning if you will. I suggest when you're about to say something with a straight face that you tag the front of the comment with /s. That would spare me a lot of unnecessary disorientation and confusion. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:19:19 am by aligncare »

Wingnut

Don't know you except by what I see of you on these pages and I gotta tell you, some of the things you say are bizarre. I never know when you're being serious though. Seriously. So I would appreciate it if you could give a heads up when you're being sincere, a warning if you will. I suggest when you're about to say something with a straight face that you tag the front of the comment with /s. That would spare me a lot of unnecessary disorientation and confusion. Thanks in advance.
AC. I am pleased to meet you. But puzzling and disorientating and confusing you is the nature of my game. 

Offline aligncare

AC. I am pleased to meet you. But puzzling and disorientating and confusing you is the nature of my game.

:beer:

Offline edpc

Solves the debate about who killed the Kennedys.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:32:51 am by edpc »

Wingnut

Solves the debate about who killed the Kennedys.

When after all it was you and me.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

All I ever need to ever see.   

Irrelevant, counselor, poignant, but irrelevant.

The facts:

He was operating the vehicle. The assumption he was in full control will be a matter for the court.

His vehicle plowed into a crowd with significant force, and either in that impact or in extricating his vehicle (presumably under his control) people were injured and one died of those injuries she sustained.

Motive is a matter for the court to ascertain, and whether there was intent, rationality was crippled by fear, or there was an accident are findings yet to be made.

At a minimum, without political complications, I see involuntary vehicular manslaughter. At the other end of the spectrum, Murder 1. The final charges, and I predict either a conviction or a ruling of insanity, will likely fall in between. I do not think the young man will walk.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Hate to say it, but if the drivers of the other cars were minorities then perhaps the crowd gave them a pass. White males did get singled out more than once that day.

https://www.youtube.com/v/qFR-iHmTWVo

Do I think the kid was guilty. Good chance of it. Do I think he took a 3 block run and start at them, nope, In 3 blocks I can get my little truck with half the horsepower 4X that speed. But he did seem he was definitely going faster than what was safe in a crowd to drive that final block.

I am like a lot of folks here, if he wanted to do more damage he could of simply swerved to the side. Was he in his right mind, who knows, obviously someone that belongs to such a group is not right to begin with. But he sure straightened up enough to back up at speed with some driving flair.

Evidence shows a lot of stuff will have to be explained if he expect not to do some major time. He might of hotheaded it into the area, but only at the last second completely lose his cool after being hit with the bat, but that is a stretch.

P.S. Don't waste your time calling me a Nazi Trump sympathizer. I am just throwing thoughts out to be bounced around. Bite me if I tick you off. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....