Author Topic: What Is Wrong With President Trump’s Statements On Charlottesville?[with comment by Paul]  (Read 2174 times)

Offline corbe

If an armed burglar robs me at gunpoint, and I get the gun out of his hand, shoot and kill him as he runs away, should charges not be filed against me too?

DEPENDS on the State and the color of the bullet recipient.

Texas is different!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Here is the President's original statement.  It was well done, strong and from his heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msY25ynGTuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msY25ynGTuo

Offline Applewood

I said this elsewhere.  Talk is fine, but now we need action.  There is already an investigation into the tragedy on Saturday.  But we need a more thorough investigation into all of the various fringe groups and who finances them.  There are people who want to destroy America through anarchy and violence.  These people have to be rooted out and prosecuted.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.dailywire.com/news/19658/7-things-you-need-know-about-charlottesville-ben-shapiro

5. Trump’s Unwillingness To Fight The Alt-Right Tooth And Nail Grows The Alt-Right. President Trump’s milquetoast statement has emboldened members of the alt-right. Here’s the neo-Nazi Daily Stormer: “He outright refused to disavow. People saying he cucked are shills and kikes. He did the opposite of cuck. He refused to even mention anything to do with us. When reporters were screaming at him about White Nationalism he just walked out of the room.” That account may be unfair to Trump. But it’s what white nationalists are reading. They see Trump as a useful figure. David Duke said as much at the rally: “This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take this country back. We’re gonna fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

President Trump came to the same conclusion and decided he must make a clear condemnation of the vile scum who descended on Charlottesville and murdered and maimed in the name of their genetic superiority.  President came out with another statement and it was very very good, and I'm not the only one saying that.  This is what he should have said from the beginning...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/14/donald-trump-condemns-hate-groups/
Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including KKK, Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, and other hate groups are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry strike at the very core of America.

Right on! Right on! Right on Mr. President!

David Duke @DrDavidDuke

It appears the First Amendment doesn't apply to White Americans just like racial discrimination laws don't protect White Americans.
12:38 PM - Aug 14, 2017

It looks like somebody has got a case of the "Mondays."  I might just head over to the Daily Stormer or TOS just to read how many poster call OUR President a Cuck.

Offline dfwgator

It looks like somebody has got a case of the "Mondays."   

David wasn't making his "O" Face after that one.

Offline endicom

I said this elsewhere.  Talk is fine, but now we need action.  There is already an investigation into the tragedy on Saturday.  But we need a more thorough investigation into all of the various fringe groups and who finances them.  There are people who want to destroy America through anarchy and violence.  These people have to be rooted out and prosecuted.

Protesters gather at Trump Tower as President Trump returns to NYC: http://abc7ny.com/politics/protesters-gather-as-president-trump-returns-to-nyc/2305690/

Note the backpacks. Probably not New Yorkers.

Offline RoosGirl

When a neo-Nazi murders someone at a white supremacist, Klan, and neo-Nazi event... you condemn the white supremacists, Klan, and neo-Nazis.

When a violent leftest group injures/kills someone... then you condemn violent leftists.

You don't mix and match.  That is deflection.

That's correct, if the neo-Nazi randomly walks up to some innocent passerby and murders them.  When the passerby isn't so innocent and is part of a group that came there to get their fight on you blame all involved.

And no, there was nothing wrong with Trump's original statement regarding the event.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:55:16 am by RoosGirl »

That's correct, if the neo-Nazi randomly walks up to some innocent passerby and murders them.  When the passerby isn't so innocent and is part of a group that came there to get their fight on you blame all involved.

Right.  Heather was not some innocent passerby.  The Daily Stormer revealed she was fat and barren  https://www.dailystormer.com/heather-heyer-woman-killed-in-road-rage-incident-was-a-fat-childless-32-year-old-slut/  She is no asset for the future of white people.

She had it coming.  Don't let the fact, that she was marching away from the car she was crushed under, fool you.  She was there to get her "fight on."  Running her over was practically self defense.  How do we know she didn't have a car there to mow down the innocent Trump supporters?

When you explain it like that...it doesn't sound racist or insane, right?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 04:21:05 am by Once-Ler »

Offline RoosGirl

Right.  Heather was not some innocent passerby.  The Daily Stormer revealed she was fat and barren  https://www.dailystormer.com/heather-heyer-woman-killed-in-road-rage-incident-was-a-fat-childless-32-year-old-slut/  She is no asset for the future of white people.

She had it coming.  Don't let the fact, that she was marching away from the car she was crushed under, fool you.  She was there to get her "fight on."  Running her over was practically self defense.  How do we know she didn't have a car there to mow down the innocent Trump supporters?

When you explain it like that...it doesn't sound racist or insane, right?

That's not what I meant at all, but if you want to put those words in my mouth I can't stop you.

That's not what I meant at all, but if you want to put those words in my mouth I can't stop you.

You didn't mean to imply Heather was there to get her "fight on?"  Then you might want to rework your comment because that is how I read it and, I imagine, many others read it.

Offline RoosGirl

You didn't mean to imply Heather was there to get her "fight on?"  Then you might want to rework your comment because that is how I read it and, I imagine, many others read it.

Honestly I don't know much about her specifically, so I wasn't talking about her, I was talking about the group that came out to counter-protest.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

Protesters gather at Trump Tower as President Trump returns to NYC: http://abc7ny.com/politics/protesters-gather-as-president-trump-returns-to-nyc/2305690/

Note the backpacks. Probably not New Yorkers.

If I had a nickel for every time some news reader declared a protest "spontaneous" or "grassroots," I would be rich.  The professional signs are a giveaway.  If this was just a bunch of average joes or people on public assistance, where do they get the money for these professionally made signs? These events are not local or spontaneous.  They are highly organized by various, possibly interrelated organizations who are well funded.  They bring in outside agitators to stir up trouble.  I really want to know who is footing the bill for all these "local" protests.

Offline endicom

I really want to know who is footing the bill for all these "local" protests.

Me too. We would be in the hoosegow if we were paying people to crack heads or destroy property. In fact, that should be called organized crime.

Offline goatprairie

I too had no problem with what trump said and let's face it, whatever he would have said he'd get criticism for.
"whatever he would have said he'd get criticism for."

:thumbsup:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
If an armed burglar robs me at gunpoint, and I get the gun out of his hand, shoot and kill him as he runs away, should charges not be filed against me too?

Shoot him as he runs away? Hell no.

Offline dfwgator

If I had a nickel for every time some news reader declared a protest "spontaneous" or "grassroots," I would be rich.  The professional signs are a giveaway.  If this was just a bunch of average joes or people on public assistance, where do they get the money for these professionally made signs? These events are not local or spontaneous.  They are highly organized by various, possibly interrelated organizations who are well funded.  They bring in outside agitators to stir up trouble.  I really want to know who is footing the bill for all these "local" protests.

The media is portraying the Antifas as the second-coming of "The White Rose."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I said this on another thread and I'll say it again here...I watched Trump live give the statement and I thought it was powerful and well said..I thought it was a good response and I just don't understand all this hullabaloo about it especially by members of Congress.

I agree, Mystery.  What seemed like an almost perfect statement at the time has been distorted all out of proportion.

But, to help you understand, many people hate Trump so much they will do anything to discredit him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.