Author Topic: What Is Wrong With President Trump’s Statements On Charlottesville?[with comment by Paul]  (Read 2173 times)

Offline endicom

Power Line
John Hinderaker
Aug. 13, 2017

As Scott has noted, President Trump has come under fire for not singling out white supremacists for condemnation following the violent clashes in Charlottesville. Trump has made several statements about those events, both orally and on Twitter. He condemned “in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides.” He added: “It’s been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump. Not Barack Obama. It’s been going on for a long, long time.”

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/08/what-is-wrong-with-president-trumps-statements-on-charlottesville.php

They get it.

Offline dfwgator

:thumbsup2:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Power Line
John Hinderaker
Aug. 13, 2017

As Scott has noted, President Trump has come under fire for not singling out white supremacists for condemnation following the violent clashes in Charlottesville. Trump has made several statements about those events, both orally and on Twitter. He condemned “in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides.” He added: “It’s been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump. Not Barack Obama. It’s been going on for a long, long time.”

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/08/what-is-wrong-with-president-trumps-statements-on-charlottesville.php

They get it.

I said this on another thread and I'll say it again here...I watched Trump live give the statement and I thought it was powerful and well said..I thought it was a good response and I just don't understand all this hullabaloo about it especially by members of Congress.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
What's wrong?  He said it.  The crazy bastards would whine about anything he said. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline dfwgator

What's wrong?  He said it.  The crazy bastards would whine about anything he said.

Precisely.  If Trump walked on water, they would say, "See, he can't swim."

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I said this on another thread and I'll say it again here...I watched Trump live give the statement and I thought it was powerful and well said..I thought it was a good response and I just don't understand all this hullabaloo about it especially by members of Congress.

I agreed with the message Trump gave out.

and i ain't takin' back anything i said about those members of congress
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

What Is Wrong With President Trump’s Statements On Charlottesville

Nothing.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:35:59 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Crazieman

What Is Wrong With President Trump’s Statements On Charlottesville

Nothing.

He's not rounding up and executing whites, near as I can tell what is wrong.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Wingnut

He's not rounding up and executing whites, near as I can tell what is wrong.

Are you chocolate?

Offline Crazieman

Are you chocolate?
Mixed, but meant my comment in obvious sarcasm.

I'm getting disturbed by the antics of self-hating whites.
Mixed-race Mutt.

Wingnut

Mixed, but meant my comment in obvious sarcasm.

I'm getting disturbed by the antics of self-hating whites.

Ah..  Your low post count threw me there.  But I shall keep my eye on you.  :police:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I too had no problem with what trump said and let's face it, whatever he would have said he'd get criticism for.

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

There were so many groups there fighting each other, there was no way he could have laid the blame all on one group plus I think no one in govn. knew the names of each of those groups, until toward the end of the day, or today.  Pick your poison, they were all there.

Offline endicom

Those members of congress might help themselves by explaining the comment rather than panning it.

HonestJohn

When did conservatives suddenly find it hard to condemn outright Nazis?

This is a no-brainer.

If asked to condemn a Nazi, you *DO*.

And if you don't, then you probably have some measure of support for them.

Online corbe

Precisely.  If Trump walked on water, they would say, "See, he can't swim."

No, @dfwgator us NT'ers would know it's some Reality TV BS from the get go.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

No, @dfwgator us NT'ers would know it's some Reality TV BS from the get go.

:bigsilly:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
What's wrong is that Trump included leftists in his condemnation of hate and violence. Only white nationalist groups can be criticized.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Crazieman

When did conservatives suddenly find it hard to condemn outright Nazis?

This is a no-brainer.

If asked to condemn a Nazi, you *DO*.

And if you don't, then you probably have some measure of support for them.

Because one has to make sure its a genuine Nazi or an MSM identified Nazi.  There's a difference.
Mixed-race Mutt.

HonestJohn

What's wrong is that Trump included leftists in his condemnation of hate and violence. Only white nationalist groups can be criticized.

When a neo-Nazi murders someone at a white supremacist, Klan, and neo-Nazi event... you condemn the white supremacists, Klan, and neo-Nazis.

When a violent leftest group injures/kills someone... then you condemn violent leftists.

You don't mix and match.  That is deflection.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
When a neo-Nazi murders someone at a white supremacist, Klan, and neo-Nazi event... you condemn the white supremacists, Klan, and neo-Nazis.

When a violent leftest group injures/kills someone... then you condemn violent leftists.

Nonsense
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

If an armed burglar robs me at gunpoint, and I get the gun out of his hand, shoot and kill him as he runs away, should charges not be filed against me too?
The Republic is lost.

Offline endicom

That's why I like that Trump went the route of inclusivity and diversity. Wait...what?

@Free Vulcan

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:49:26 am by endicom »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical

That's why I like that Trump went the route of inclusivity and diversity. Wait...what?

Well played sir, well played.
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

Not true at all.