Author Topic: 7 Things You Need To Know About The Charlottesville Violence And White Supremacist Terror Attack  (Read 3334 times)

Offline endicom

Man charged in Charlottesville killing accused of beating his mother: report

By Mallory Shelbourne  - 08/14/17 05:35 PM EDT

James Alex Fields Jr., the man charged with killing a counter-protester at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend, was reportedly accused of threatening and beating his mother several years ago.

According to The Associated Press, records from Kentucky’s Florence Police Department say Samantha Bloom repeatedly called 911 in 2010 and 2011 over her son, saying he was on medication for an anger management issue.

Fields was reportedly arrested after he threatened his mother with a knife, and in a separate incident allegedly struck her in the head and locked her in the bathroom.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/346540-man-charged-with-charlottesville-murder-once-accused-of-beating-his

Anger management issue? Beating your mom is just an anger management issue?

Offline aligncare

I wouldn't say ally. Let's just say deserving of honorable mention. NeverTrump does have a role to play in the mainstream media’s willful distortions of who Trump is.

NeverTrump lends credibility to slanted and outright twisted narratives about Pres. Trump, they give the lies greater reach into republican ranks, it sways the squishy moderate and the conservative democrat, and many apolitical consumers of news. Then there are the NeverTrump congress members within the president's own party agreeing with the media so: stories believable.

In MHO NeverTrump is destructive within the political right. I have no respect for the more hard core among them and I pity the rest as being tragically mistaken.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Shapiro is a (hard core) NeverTruumper, as such he is an ally of the left in the battle against Trump.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline the_doc

I wouldn't say ally. Let's just say deserving of honorable mention. NeverTrump does have a role to play in the mainstream media’s willful distortions of who Trump is.

In MHO NeverTrump is destructive within the political right. I have no respect for the more hard core among them and I pity the rest as being tragically mistaken.

A lot of NeverTrumpers are GOPe guys and therefore not really on the "political right."  A lot of them are just RINOs who fear that Trump will trigger the loss of their jobs or even subject them to investigation and prosecution.

I am a NeverTrumper for a completely different reason.  In fact, most of the NeverTrumpers on TBR are probably in more-or-less the same category as mine.  We have explained this over and over and over--to no avail, because Trump's supporters are not interested in any criticism of Trump;  moreover, we have even cheered when Trump occasionally does the right thing--but this does not fit the Trump fanatics narrative to the effect that we just want him to fail.

In other words, we get falsely accused.  (Heck, I want Trump to succeed.  I just happen to think we nominated an unusually lousy Republican for POTUS.  A lot of Trump's formerly ardent supporters are beginning to suggest that.) 

Offline corbe

Thank you @the_doc  could not have possibly answered @aligncare attempt at slander any better

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

Man charged in Charlottesville killing accused of beating his mother: report

By Mallory Shelbourne  - 08/14/17 05:35 PM EDT

James Alex Fields Jr., the man charged with killing a counter-protester at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend, was reportedly accused of threatening and beating his mother several years ago.

According to The Associated Press, records from Kentucky’s Florence Police Department say Samantha Bloom repeatedly called 911 in 2010 and 2011 over her son, saying he was on medication for an anger management issue.

Fields was reportedly arrested after he threatened his mother with a knife, and in a separate incident allegedly struck her in the head and locked her in the bathroom.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/346540-man-charged-with-charlottesville-murder-once-accused-of-beating-his

Now, now.  He was a good boy, just misunderstood.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

He was just getting his life together.

Offline dfwgator

"Well, he's just an excitable boy"

Wingnut

"Well, he's just an excitable boy"

"He took little Suzie to the Junior Prom
Excitable boy, they all said
And he raped her and killed her, then he took her home"

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
He was going back to school. Aspiring rapper. Ran with the wrong crowd. Good to his kids.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
He was going back to school. Aspiring rapper. Ran with the wrong crowd. Good to his kids.

But he loved his mamma.

Wingnut

A Boy's Best Friend is his Mother.

Offline goatprairie

Face it. Every conservative is a member of alt-right in the eyes of the Left. If you think alt-right is so bad, walk down to the national HQ and picket it. Oh, yeah, it doesn't exist.

Alt-right is a hammer the Left uses to smack conservative nails. It is Westboro Baptist without a building.
It is coming to that.  The left will now accuse every Republican with conservative leanings as being a Nazi or White Supremacist. Many of them do that now.
The media, as usual, will ignore all the heated rhetoric and violence on the left and tacitly or openly agree with the radical leftists who now run the Dem Party and many other lib orgs.

Silver Pines

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A Boy's Best Friend is his Mother.
You can say that, but your dog won't make you pick up your room.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis