Author Topic: 7 Things You Need To Know About The Charlottesville Violence And White Supremacist Terror Attack  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
In further news, Go Daddy will stop hosting Storm Front for their reaction to the dead woman.

In addition to the other site they shut down?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Works for me, but still doesn't answer the question.   :laugh:
@Sanguine
I suppose you can define the people to who you referred as a lunatic fringe from the fever swamp.

As for the alt-right itself, I think they're described best as:

* Anything but conservatives.
* Smaller in number than people think, but larger seeming thanks to the media's ignorance that
allows them to appear or to portray themselves as larger than people think, part of it being
that the mainstream media thinks anyone who stands athwart the metastasising State as
opposed to properly construed, constitutionally limited government is therefore definable as
being in the alt-right camp.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online dfwgator

The alt-right are the Left's "Washington Generals."

Offline Mom MD

I'm not saying you're wrong - or right, but if the alt-right doesn't exist what do we call all those guys in white shirts holding shields with a fascist symbol painted on them?  What do we call those openly wearing KKK robes and pointy hats?

democrats.  They have nothing to do with the right sided spectrum
God is still in control

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The chunk of the board that regurgitates the left's talking points on the matter don't seem to get that.
The two dimensional false dichotomies presented by the Media don't help the perception problem people have.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

In addition to the other site they shut down?

What's that?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
democrats.  They have nothing to do with the right sided spectrum

Then before all this started, our side should have been out in front disassociating itself with the 'unite the right' rally, especially knowing its organizer, Jason Kessler is a known White Nationalist and WN groups led by Richard Spencer would be taking center stage.

Instead, many on the right were in denial or oblivious to this. Many also hold on to the dangerous premise that 'the enemy of my enemy....' up until the point it is too late.

Our side needs some balls, like Reagan did when he strongly disavowed the KKK's endorsement to tell these groups to frack off and we have no place for them. Instead, we give them a wink and nod until it is too late.

Wingnut

Hopefully everything will come out in the trial.   I hope he gets a good lawyer.

I would use the "Sudden Unintended Acceleration" defense.  the unintended, unexpected, uncontrolled acceleration of a vehicle, often accompanied by an apparent loss of braking effectiveness. This could have been caused by a drivers error  like pedal misapplication.  Or maybe a mechanical or electrical problems.  A floormat rolled up under the brake.

Lots of potential defense arguments. 

Offline ABX

Online Smokin Joe

I would use the "Sudden Unintended Acceleration" defense.  the unintended, unexpected, uncontrolled acceleration of a vehicle, often accompanied by an apparent loss of braking effectiveness. This could have been caused by a drivers error  like pedal misapplication.  Or maybe a mechanical or electrical problems.  A floormat rolled up under the brake.

Lots of potential defense arguments.
Like little old ladies crashing convenience stores...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

Like little old ladies crashing convenience stores...

Hey  I always reflect back on When I first heard about the Audi “sudden unintended acceleration” segment on CBS’s 60 Minutes in 1986, I knew immediately that they were blowing smoke.      It almost ended Audi.  Suddenly, the war turned bloody. Moms in runaway Audi 5000’s were mowing down their little kids in the driveway and pinning granny against the far garage wall. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why would the guy even say it was a White Supremacist attack?

Have you ever seen a lib say that for a Muslim terrorist attack?

Shapiro is giving words to the enemy to fight us.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

The media have been just itching for a chance to conflate Conservatives with neonazis with the Klan with "domestic terrorism" the whole time they have been ignoring little Mohammed al-Whatshisname with the knife, gun, vehicle, bomb vest, etc. and telling us they just don't understand what could have motivated him.

Now that they have it, they aren't going to waste it and one missed syllable will provide them al the glue they need to make it stick. "Sources say....."

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

Because the guy was an overt white supremacist. Like full fledged, right before this, marching with neo nazi groups (Vanguard America) carrying neo nazi symbols. The truth is the truth, sugar coating it or denying it does no good.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:37:16 pm by AbaraXas »

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
They look so autistic and weird. Anyone else noticed that?

Offline ABX

They look so autistic and weird. Anyone else noticed that?

Racists are known for inbreeding.                 

Offline GourmetDan

Odds are that both the antifa/BLM and the 'alt-right' groups are infiltrated by agents provocateur of anti-Trump elements within our own government...

Not difficult to encourage violent extremists from both sides to attend an event and then have the police 'stand down'...

As usual, people are focused on the wrong thing...       SQUIRREL!
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Smokin Joe

Odds are that both the antifa/BLM and the 'alt-right' groups are infiltrated by agents provocateur of anti-Trump elements within our own government...

Not difficult to encourage violent extremists from both sides to attend an event and then have the police 'stand down'...

The thought of agents provocateur should always be present. Which is why I'd like to see him better 'vetted' in terms of his extremism before I am willing to accept or refute that.

Usually, the guy in the room shouting the loudest to burn something down or blow it up is a Fed.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Yep. These kinds of things are subject to the dichotomy agitation techniques that are stock and trade for all sorts of radical groups trying to rock the boat till it tips over.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

Yep. These kinds of things are subject to the dichotomy agitation techniques that are stock and trade for all sorts of radical groups trying to rock the boat till it tips over.
The media play a hand in this, too, in that they have reduced deep issues into two-dimensional fifteen second sound bytes that can be mashed in between the video, the sports, and soap selling, ever presenting the false dichotomy because, well, to present any issue fairly is hard, and having more than two sides monkeys with the preferred narrative of 'liberal good, right bad'.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

Online corbe

Man charged in Charlottesville killing accused of beating his mother: report

By Mallory Shelbourne  - 08/14/17 05:35 PM EDT

James Alex Fields Jr., the man charged with killing a counter-protester at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend, was reportedly accused of threatening and beating his mother several years ago.

According to The Associated Press, records from Kentucky’s Florence Police Department say Samantha Bloom repeatedly called 911 in 2010 and 2011 over her son, saying he was on medication for an anger management issue.

Fields was reportedly arrested after he threatened his mother with a knife, and in a separate incident allegedly struck her in the head and locked her in the bathroom.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/346540-man-charged-with-charlottesville-murder-once-accused-of-beating-his
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

Aren't they the same group?

The Daily Stormer isn't the forum. It is owned by the same people but tries to be a mundane (aka camel's nose under the tent) news source that pushes their agenda. But they are still pretty nasty even when trying to mainstream themselves.

Offline jpsb

Shapiro is a (hard core) NeverTruumper, as such he is an ally of the left in the battle against Trump.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:27:25 pm by jpsb »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Shapiro is a (hard core) NeverTruumper, as such he is an ally of the left in the battle against Trump.

Really, so you are saying that NeverTruumpers are allies of the left.  Interesting.