Author Topic: 7 Things You Need To Know About The Charlottesville Violence And White Supremacist Terror Attack  (Read 3335 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Ben Shapiro
http://www.dailywire.com/news/19658/7-things-you-need-know-about-charlottesville-ben-shapiro

In the aftermath of Saturday’s Charlottesville, Virginia chaos — a physically violent conflict between
disgusting white supremacist alt-right thugs and repulsive Antifa thugs, which culminated in a murderous
attack by an apparent alt-righter on the Antifa crowd and other miscellaneous counter-protesters, resulting
in the death of one person and injuries to another 19 — the hot takes have been coming fast and furious.

Here are some of the things you need to know about the awful events of yesterday.

1. The Alt-Right Is Not Conservative . . .

2. The Alt-Right Has Successfully Created The Impression There Are Lots Of Them. There Aren’t . . .

3. The Alt-Right Has Been Tut-Tutted By President Trump And His Advisors For Over A Year. Yesterday Was
Nothing New . . .

4. The Car Attack Was An Act of Terrorism . . .

5. Trump’s Unwillingness To Fight The Alt-Right Tooth And Nail Grows The Alt-Right . . .

6. The Left’s Malfeasance And Support For Violent Groups Like Antifa Grow The Alt-Right . . .

7. The Media’s Broad Misusage Of The Term Alt-Right Grows The Alt-Right . . .

Charlottesville, Sacramento, Berkeley — we’re watching a microcosmic re-enactment of Weimar Republic
brownshirt-vs.-reds violence in real-time, complete with the same flags being flown. Just as then, some
leadership condemning the evil of alt-right white supremacy, the viciousness of hard-left Marxism, and
the violence anyone commits in violation of basic rights should be unceasing and thunderous.

It’s not.

And so the problem is likely to metastasize.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He makes some good points.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

He has been a favored target of the alt right all along. They've threatened to kill him, kill his children, rape his wife etc.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He has been a favored target of the alt right all along. They've threatened to kill him, kill his children, rape his wife etc.

Yes, they have.  I like Shapiro.  Smart kid.

Offline the_doc

Ditto that.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Because the media wants it to metatasize,   Race Wars will get big ratings.
Only if the story actually gets out. When people realize the Media are not their friends, the Media could have a lot of 'technical difficulties' and 'dropped' feeds.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

Yes, but here his passion does, IMO, mislead him.

Team Trump doesn't want to address the alt-right because there is no winnable position to take. What is the alt-right? Shapiro gives a definition but to every lefty writer, we and he are alt-right.

So what should Trump say that won't egg on the lefties to demand more and more and more? If Trump denounces KKK and white nationalists then the demand will be to denounce more and more until he gets to us.

Offline dfwgator

Up to now, most people didn't have a clue as to what Antifa is,  hopefully, that will begin to change and they will be under the same scrutiny as the Neo-Nazis.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes, but here his passion does, IMO, mislead him.

Team Trump doesn't want to address the alt-right because there is no winnable position to take. What is the alt-right? Shapiro gives a definition but to every lefty writer, we and he are alt-right.

So what should Trump say that won't egg on the lefties to demand more and more and more? If Trump denounces KKK and white nationalists then the demand will be to denounce more and more until he gets to us.

It shouldn't be a problem for a man of integrity - one who knows what he believes and where the line is.  Surely Trump won't have a problem with bowing to media pressure and knows to condemn the clearly despicable and not condemn those who are not?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 02:04:12 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It shouldn't be a problem for a man of integrity - one who knows what he believes and where the line is.  Surely Trump won't have a problem with bowing to media pressure and knows to condemn the clearly despicable and not condemn those who are not?
One of the things the Left has been itching for is branding the Right, especially the 'bitter clingers' as domestic terrorists. The focus on this during the Clinton years was so intense that Islamist Terrorism (WTC Bombing, Aircraft incidents possibly including Flight 800) was downplayed and there was a (possibly SPLC driven) push to brand primarily Christian Caucasian firearms owners as domestic terrorists, driven in part by the OK City Bombing (An alleged retaliation to the Mt. Carmel Massacre).

Now the Left has fresh optics with which the Right can be painted, KKK, NeoNazi, BITS, all optics the Leftmedia have been trying to push since the days of GHWB and before.
The Left will use these optics to 'justify' any action they continue to take, whether that be in the Congress or the streets, despite the fact that the Leftisits were the aggressors in this instance.

I still want to know more about the driver.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

His first point is true, his second point might be true then again it might not, the rest IMHO are false.

Offline dfwgator

Hopefully everything will come out in the trial.   I hope he gets a good lawyer.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

ditto

Offline EasyAce

@Smokin Joe
Here you go . . .

5 Things You Need To Know About The Charlottesville White Supremacist Terrorist
By Michael Qazvini
http://www.dailywire.com/news/19660/5-things-you-need-know-about-charlottesville-white-michael-qazvini

1. Fields is a white supremacist and his attack appears to have been ideologically motivated. In other
words, Fields is a terrorist. A photo of the suspect, touting white supremacist emblems and standing alongside
members of a white supremacist hate group, has been circulating online. The photo has been shared and
authenticated by experts at the Center for Extremism. . . .

2. Fields was born in Kenton, Kentucky but his most recent place of residence is linked to an address in
Maumee, Ohio.
Fields only recently moved to a new apartment after living with his mother, Samantha Lea
Bloom. Fields’ mother said that she knew her son was attending a rally in Virginia, but didn’t know it was a
white nationalist rally . . .

3. Fields seems to be an introvert. Fields didn’t have a reliable male presence in his life; his father
died before he was born . . .

4. Fields joined the military but abruptly dropped out.

5. Fields is a registered Republican. According to public records, Fields registered to vote in Lucas County,
Ohio. He registered on January 23, 2016, presumably to participate in the 2016 presidential election.

Fields’ Facebook page appears to have contained controversial and racist material. It was taken down shorty
after the terrorist attack . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Hope we don't have any presidents that gets into the kinds of wars you are a fan have supported Ben.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:56:42 pm by TomSea »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
My best take on Charlottesville is to paraphrase Stealers Wheel:

Scumbags to the left of me
Scumbags to the right
Here I am
Stuck in this riot with you.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
His first point is true, his second point might be true then again it might not, the rest IMHO are false.

Not surprisingly, we disagree.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Face it. Every conservative is a member of alt-right in the eyes of the Left. If you think alt-right is so bad, walk down to the national HQ and picket it. Oh, yeah, it doesn't exist.

Alt-right is a hammer the Left uses to smack conservative nails. It is Westboro Baptist without a building.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Crazieman

Face it. Every conservative is a member of alt-right in the eyes of the Left. If you think alt-right is so bad, walk down to the national HQ and picket it. Oh, yeah, it doesn't exist.

Alt-right is a hammer the Left uses to smack conservative nails. It is Westboro Baptist without a building.

The chunk of the board that regurgitates the left's talking points on the matter don't seem to get that.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I'm not saying you're wrong - or right, but if the alt-right doesn't exist what do we call all those guys in white shirts holding shields with a fascist symbol painted on them?  What do we call those openly wearing KKK robes and pointy hats? 

Offline EasyAce

I'm not saying you're wrong - or right, but if the alt-right doesn't exist what do we call all those guys in white shirts holding shields with a fascist symbol painted on them?  What do we call those openly wearing KKK robes and pointy hats?
@Sanguine
Would "racist @$$holes" work? ;)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 06:40:02 pm by EasyAce »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sanguine
Would "racist @$$holes" work? ;)

Works for me, but still doesn't answer the question.   :laugh:

Offline endicom

In further news, Go Daddy will stop hosting Storm Front for their reaction to the dead woman.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

Many of them are Vanguard, a neo-Nazi group. Others are part of other white supremacist groups, usually connected via forums. As best I can tell, there is no alt-right membership per se.
Countdown to Resignation