Author Topic: Appeasing North Korea. Susan Rice and fellow Democrats promote failed “strategic patience” doctrine in face of North Korean aggression.  (Read 394 times)

rangerrebew

Appeasing North Korea
Susan Rice and fellow Democrats promote failed “strategic patience” doctrine in face of North Korean aggression.
August 11, 2017
Joseph Klein

Former President Barack Obama’s National Security Adviser Susan Rice has some dangerous advice for President Trump on how to deal with the North Korean nuclear threat, which she delivered in the form of a New York Times op-ed on August 10th under the title, “It’s Not Too Late on North Korea.”  Now a private citizen, but still possessing a top-secret security clearance for no apparent reason, Ms. Rice recommended what amounts to a policy of appeasement toward the rogue regime, declaring that a nuclear-armed North Korea would not be so terrible. “History shows that we can, if we must, tolerate nuclear weapons in North Korea,” Ms. Rice wrote. In actually, history shows the opposite. When dealing with a megalomaniacal dictator armed to the teeth, a policy built around “peace in our time” does not work.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/267545/appeasing-north-korea-joseph-klein

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This ignorant slut is more dangerous than NK.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

HonestJohn

I didn't know megalomania was genetically inheritable.

Cause our editorials have been calling Kim Il-Sung, Kim Jong-Il, and now Kim Jong-Eun that since the end of combat on the Korean peninsula.

I'd hazard Kim Jong-Eun is perfectly rational, he just has goals that aren't in any way aligned with the US.  Maybe if we tie his goals to our influence... he might want to talk about working something out.

And if not, what was wasted?  Some hot air?