Author Topic: The battle of Charlottesville: A continuing discussion thread about the War between the States  (Read 12704 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! It's what's for dinner!
  • International Cracker of Wise
Thanks to Cripplecreek and Oceander for the medal! 
From Member DB:  Once you've allowed yourself to be sold, all that remains is for how much.

Offline Hoodat

• R 8:37
Update

Two killed in crash of helicopter near Charlottesville

The Virginia State Police has confirmed that at least two people were killed in the crash of a helicopter shortly before 5 p.m. on Saturday outside Charlottesville. Initial reports said the aircraft was a state police helicopter but that has not been confirmed yet.

The helicopter crashed into a wooded area near a residence on Old Farm Road.

No one on the ground was injured. The cause of the crash remains under investigation at this time. State police were on the scene shortly after the crash, along with Albemarle County police and fire units.

Witnesses say the helicopter hovered low over houses near the Birdwood Golf Course in Charlottesville before going into nearby woods.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/newsvirginian/news/state/state-police-helicopter-crashes-near-charlottesville-golf-course/article_0522c15c-7fa7-11e7-97c3-3b4c4f31fc5a.html
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline Hoodat

Offline Hoodat

Online edpc

• Professional Misanthrope
I need another word for 'thesaurus.'

Offline AbaraXas

• Не русский хакер
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline Hoodat

To the west of Charlottesville, you will find Robert E. Lee High School in Staunton, Turner Ashby High School in Bridgewater, and Wilson Memorial High School in Fishersville.

Two are named after Confederate officers.  The other is named after the US President who federalized segregation.

Which of those will be forced to change their names?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! It's what's for dinner!
  • International Cracker of Wise
I read in one place, the Daily Mail, someone threw a rock at a car window, the driver maybe went after them. That's sad if that happened.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4783914/White-nationalists-hold-torch-lit-march-UVA-campus.html

Nope.  I just saw a video of the car backing away from the scene of the crime and the tinted window was intact.
Thanks to Cripplecreek and Oceander for the medal! 
From Member DB:  Once you've allowed yourself to be sold, all that remains is for how much.

Online kevindavis

To the west of Charlottesville, you will find Robert E. Lee High School in Staunton, Turner Ashby High School in Bridgewater, and Wilson Memorial High School in Fishersville.

Two are named after Confederate officers.  The other is named after the US President who federalized segregation.

Which of those will be forced to change their names?

The Robert E Lee one.. Never mind that Wilson set back race relations (like Obama) in this country.
GOP House members came to Paul Ryan to be Speaker. He didn't come to them. And he was everybody's conservative darling back in 2012. So unless 1 of the remaining 240 wants to step up & do a better job in budgeting & negotiations & herding the party cats, then everybody please STFU. You go to battle with the army you have, not the one you want but don't have.

Kevin Davis

With Malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds.

Abraham Lincoln

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Nothing should make a man happier than knowing his government couldn't care less about him.
I'd rather lose defending the constitution than win at its expense.
Hitlers are born and die every day without notice. Its the morons who put them in power that are dangerous.
You don't escape guilt by declaring that you have no choice.
Lèse-majesté is my middle name

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

The Robert E Lee one.. Never mind that Wilson set back race relations (like Obama) in this country.

Frankly I'd just like to see a return to Coolidge conservatism and call it good.

Nothing should make a man happier than knowing his government couldn't care less about him.
I'd rather lose defending the constitution than win at its expense.
Hitlers are born and die every day without notice. Its the morons who put them in power that are dangerous.
You don't escape guilt by declaring that you have no choice.
Lèse-majesté is my middle name

Offline Rivergirl

Seems we have people here embracing a moral equivalence between the white supremacists and the protesters.

Offline Freya

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all

Ask me if you want to be on the kitty 🐱 or puppy 🐶 ping lists
Or NJ/NY ping list.

Online Smokin Joe

• The light at the end of the tunnel.
The progressive left and their allies the NeverTrumpers have been pushing for a war, maybe they will get what they want, WAR
Have you considered getting off crack? From that nonsensical splattering of tortured pixels above, you should.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression
And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. Nehemiah 4:14 (KJV)

About the only "Big" Liberals don't revile is "Big Government"

Offline Hoodat

Offline AbaraXas

• Не русский хакер
  • Social Media Advisor
Is this guy the same as this guy?

No, this is the guy they arrested. He even has a picture of the car on his facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/joel.notavailable

They say the car was registered in his dad's name.

Strike all that, didn't see the post above that the Joel kid just sold the car and Fields was the new owner.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:06:17 PM by AbaraXas »

Online Smokin Joe

• The light at the end of the tunnel.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression
And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. Nehemiah 4:14 (KJV)

About the only "Big" Liberals don't revile is "Big Government"

Offline Hoodat

No, this is the guy they arrested. He even has a picture of the car on his facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/joel.notavailable

They say the car was registered in his dad's name.

Strike all that, didn't see the post above that the Joel kid just sold the car and Fields was the new owner.

Yes.  Joel has an air-tight alibi.  He is at a wedding in Michigan.

Offline AbaraXas

• Не русский хакер
  • Social Media Advisor
Yes.  Joel has an air-tight alibi.  He is at a wedding in Michigan.

Plus he just posted on his FB w/ in the past hour.

HonestJohn

Seems we have people here embracing a moral equivalence between the white supremacists and the protesters.

Actually, from what's been seen at the TOS, the statements of those who actively campaigned for Trump in the elections, and from some of the posters here...

... there looks to be more support for the white supremacists than the protestors.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:14:49 PM by HonestJohn »

Offline AbaraXas

• Не русский хакер
  • Social Media Advisor
https://everipedia.org/wiki/james-alex-fields-jr/

Look at the timestamps on whatever this is.

From that link:

Tech reporter for The Hill​ Taylor Lorenz tweeted that police officers think that the person that ran people down was not malicious in intent and that the driver was scared. His car was being swarmed and some of them turned violent.

Source: https://everipedia.org/wiki/james-alex-fields-jr/#ixzz4paNJtAHf

I call BS on that. The video shows he took a three block running start at the people with plenty of places to turn off or around. This may be what his lawyer is advising him to say, but that was obviously intentional.

Online edpc

• Professional Misanthrope
It's a day's drive.

Well aware of it. I have made that drive on Route 23 and I-64 from Columbus to Norfolk.  He covered a similar distance from Maumee to Charlottesville. It's about 12 hours, with stops for tolls, food, fuel, breaks, etc.   That's going well out of your way for an event like that, IMO.
I need another word for 'thesaurus.'

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I'm not being critical but the Ohio/Indiana/Illinois area is eat up with neo-Nazis. Just sayin'.
We have the Klan.
Hahahahaha....No seriously. Who is the President?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf