Author Topic: Mueller’s Targets Face Financial Strain  (Read 478 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mueller’s Targets Face Financial Strain
« on: August 12, 2017, 04:42:49 pm »
Mueller’s Targets Face Financial Strain
Paul Manafort owns many homes. Mike Flynn is a right wing superstar. But the Russia probe is gobbling up their cash at an alarming rate.
Betsy Woodruff
Betsy Woodruff
08.11.17 6:40 PM ET

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort parted ways with WilmerHale, the law firm defending him, earlier this week. That was largely because Bob Mueller’s 16-lawyer Russia probe—which is targeting him—has shifted its focus and is drilling down on tax issues, which aren’t WilmerHale’s specialty. But the parting of ways with WilmerHale was also in part because Manafort’s finances are increasingly strained, according to sources familiar with the situation.

“Paul Manafort’s resolve is limitless, but his resources are not,” said a person close to Manafort.

more
http://www.thedailybeast.com/muellers-targets-face-financial-strain
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Mueller’s Targets Face Financial Strain
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 05:14:10 pm »
That's one thing about being 'investigated' that is rarely brought up. Unless you are going to be ground to mulch by people who are trying to trip you up and come up with something like "contradicted testimony", "lied to or obstructed" investigators, or otherwise be caught up in the witch hunt, you have to have lawyers, very good lawyers, and the government has plenty of time and resources to run you into the ground financially, no matter how much you had when the investigation started.

I can see where this could be used to impoverish anyone who comes close to the administration, making accepting any post radioactive.

This isn't a question for me of liking Manafort or not, just an observation of the tactic which can be used to chase away competent people who don't have billions of dollars to wait out the government.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis