Author Topic: When Loretta Met Bill  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

When Loretta Met Bill
« on: August 12, 2017, 03:48:57 pm »
When Loretta Met Bill
Weekly Standard, Aug 21, 2017 Edition, The Editors

In many quarters of the American news media today, seasoned journalists seem incapable of pondering those parts of reality that don’t complement their political worldviews. It goes beyond “bias”—we’re all biased. This is negligence.

Consider the trove of emails between FBI and Department of Justice officials published this week. The emails concern the June 27, 2016, meeting between former president Bill Clinton and then-attorney general Loretta Lynch. As readers may remember, Clinton paid an apparently impromptu visit to the attorney general aboard her DoJ plane while it was parked at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor airport. It was extremely improper for the two to meet for any reason. Clinton was the husband of the subject of an FBI investigation, and Lynch, as attorney general, had the ultimate authority over that investigation.

<snip>

That brings us to this week, when the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) published more than 400 pages of emails received from the Department of Justice in response to a Freedom of Information Act inquiry. The documents are newsworthy, whatever the arbiters of news may think.

The first thing to be said about this trove is that for a year the FBI pretended it didn’t exist. The ACLJ’s initial open-records request came up with nothing: “No records responsive to your request were located,” the bureau said in a letter. But the same request to DoJ was answered with scores of emails, many of them to and from FBI officials. Why the initial stonewall from the FBI?

Read more:  http://www.weeklystandard.com/when-loretta-met-bill/article/2009256#!

Re: When Loretta Met Bill
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 03:50:52 pm »
This is a long and thorough article on what happened, did not happen and should have happened---asking the right questions about the press, DOJ and FBI.

Well worth the read, IMO.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 04:20:41 pm »
RIV I did read it completely. However I don't expect it to gain traction on this site, since it has no Anti-Trump angle.

I wonder if I will prove to be wrong, when it reaches 5, 10, 20, 30 or more posts?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 04:24:18 pm »
RIV I did read it completely. However I don't expect it to gain traction on this site, since it has no Anti-Trump angle.

I wonder if I will prove to be wrong, when it reaches 5, 10, 20, 30 or more posts?

88devil

I do hope folks read the article, even if they don't post.  It's well researched and presented.   :beer:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 04:25:51 pm »

I printed it out and read it hoping it would provide some actual information. Unfortunately I found none!

It is however a very good indictment of the MSM in today's America!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 04:56:02 pm »

I imagine all the rubes here can't read/understand that long of an article...../s

ts why are you here if you hate TBR and it's members so much?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 04:56:19 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 05:24:33 pm »
There was an article posted, last night I think, about Hillary Clinton being offered a plea deal.  That little bit of information supposedly came from one of her lawyers.  Perhaps it is true.  I hope not, she should be in jail.  We all know that.  And we all know it will never happen.  We also all know that the MSM isn't going to cover something like this until they are forced to.

Then there's this:
But the president-elect struck a very different tone Tuesday, arguing that Mrs. Clinton had suffered enough and the country needed to heal.

“I don’t want to hurt the Clintons, I really don’t,” Mr. Trump said in an interview with the New York Times. “She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways.” He also said the Clinton Foundation has done “good work.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/22/donald-trump-wont-pursue-hillary-clinton-investiga/

Perhaps if someone in DC were actually interested in prosecuting her it would help.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 05:42:56 pm »
There was an article posted, last night I think, about Hillary Clinton being offered a plea deal.  That little bit of information supposedly came from one of her lawyers.  Perhaps it is true.  I hope not, she should be in jail.  We all know that.  And we all know it will never happen.  We also all know that the MSM isn't going to cover something like this until they are forced to.

Then there's this:
Perhaps if someone in DC were actually interested in prosecuting her it would help.

I am afraid the Clintons have way too much dirt on too many people in DC for her to ever be prosecuted.  It would take a true outsider to do it.
God is still in control

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 06:01:48 pm »
I imagine all the rubes here can't read/understand that long of an article...../s

Because some of felt a part of something special over the years.   

I suppose it's similar to having a child that you have love and nurtured through puberty turn out to be a serial killer.

You still love them in your special way...no matter what.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 06:09:51 pm »

How in the world, do you get all the way to "hate," a word I never use, from a simple observation many would also make?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 06:35:11 pm »

Because some of felt a part of something special over the years.   

I suppose it's similar to having a child that you have love and nurtured through puberty turn out to be a serial killer.

You still love them in your special way...no matter what.     :laugh:

How in the world, do you get all the way to "hate," a word I never use, from a simple observation many would also make?

You, and your fellow anti-anti-Trumpers, have provided awesome and insightful commentary on the actual story.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 07:20:04 pm »

How do I get hate....from all your posts criticizing this site....what else am I to think.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 07:40:04 pm »
How do I get hate....from all your posts criticizing this site....what else am I to think.

Constructive, accurate criticism is NOT "hate."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 07:52:07 pm »
Constructive, accurate criticism is NOT "hate."

There's been nothing constructive in any of your criticism.

Just last night you felt the need to bash this place as an anti Trump safe haven and continuously play the victim card.

That can't be construed as anything but hate and disdain for TBR.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 07:56:02 pm »
No, it isn't,  and your hyperbole is not helpful (nor "constructive").
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 08:02:34 pm »
No, it isn't,  and your hyperbole is not helpful (nor "constructive").

Largest collection of bitter winners I've ever seen!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:03:00 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 08:03:57 pm »
There's been nothing constructive in any of your criticism.

Just last night you felt the need to bash this place as an anti Trump safe haven and continuously play the victim card.

That can't be construed as anything but hate and disdain for TBR.

Hate is not in my vocabulary. My criticism is mean to be constructive, not disdaining by any rational person.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 08:07:14 pm »
Hate is not in my vocabulary. My criticism is mean to be constructive, not disdaining by any rational person.

Having been here and interacted with you prior to this election cycle, I believe that to be true but that is NOT how it comes off to others.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 08:17:43 pm »

Then someone else is ghostwriting for you when you're not looking because since I've been here you've been nothing but hateful.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online corbe

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 08:23:52 pm »
   Gee, Wally we wouldn't last 10 minutes on TOS 'insinuating' Freepers are to stupid to understand certain written Material, much less click on links. 
   With each passing day @truth_seeker  you are reminding me more and more of that Eddie character on Leave it to Beaver, always stirring up $hit, to much competition for me.
    More power to ya, you and cohorts are very, very entertaining here.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 08:27:58 pm »

Where is the constructive criticism in that?

Nancy is nice. I am not. Since you are totally convinced this is a never Trumper site, despite all evidence to the contrary, and never cease complaining about that, I'm suspending you for a week.

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 09:06:14 pm »
   Dude, you woke up the wrong Mod.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 10:47:47 pm »

You know, that's the exact same reasoning we Trump supporters used to defend the term Trump "Hater", don't you?

Your attitude is different here.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 01:14:51 am »
You know, that's the exact same reasoning we Trump supporters used to defend the term Trump "Hater", don't you?

Your attitude is different here.

If this place is so intolerable for you...why stay?  The TOS echo chamber seems like it's more your speed.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 01:26:08 pm »
If this place is so intolerable for you...why stay?  The TOS echo chamber seems like it's more your speed.

It's not "intolerable",  <Nope>.   Don't put words in my mouth. 

I love this forum so much, it's why I can't leave.  I'm weak like that.  Sue me. 

@truth_seeker did nothing wrong yesterday, and to suspend him was totally uncalled for.

Compare the past 3 dozen posts from you and him and we'll see who wins the "Snark" medal.

WhoTF are you to question whether somebody hates TBR...while the owner and he are currently speaking to each other?

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:41:35 pm by Mod1 »