Author Topic: Virginia's Largest Health Insurer Drops Out of Obamacare Individual Market For 2018  (Read 122 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Virginia's Largest Health Insurer Drops Out of Obamacare Individual Market For 2018
Townhall, Aug 11, 2017, Katie Pavlich

Just weeks before the 2018 Obamacare open enrollment period is set to begin, Virginia's largest health insurer has pulled of the individual marketplace.

Anthem is leaving the system, citing overwhelming costs and unstable markets. More from Forbes:
“Today, planning and pricing for ACA-compliant health plans has become increasingly difficult due to a shrinking and deteriorating Individual market, as well as continual changes and uncertainty in federal operations, rules and guidance, including cost sharing reduction subsidies and the restoration of taxes on fully insured coverage,” Anthem said in a statement Friday afternoon.  “As a result, the continued uncertainty makes it difficult for us to offer Individual health plans statewide in Virginia.”

Effective in January of 2018, Anthem said it will "not participate on the individual exchange in Virginia and will reduce its plan offering and will only offer off-exchange plans in Washington and Scott Counties and the city of Bristol, VA."

More:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/08/11/virginias-largest-health-insurer-drops-out-of-obamacare-exchange-for-2018-n2367548
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Online Smokin Joe

If you like your doctor....

Another large group of people lose their insurance thanks to the ACA.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression
And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. Nehemiah 4:14 (KJV)

About the only "Big" Liberals don't revile is "Big Government"

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
If you like Big Government, you can keep Big Government.  Otherwise move overseas.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf