Author Topic: Virginia's Largest Health Insurer Drops Out of Obamacare Individual Market For 2018  (Read 368 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Virginia's Largest Health Insurer Drops Out of Obamacare Individual Market For 2018
Townhall, Aug 11, 2017, Katie Pavlich

Just weeks before the 2018 Obamacare open enrollment period is set to begin, Virginia's largest health insurer has pulled of the individual marketplace.

Anthem is leaving the system, citing overwhelming costs and unstable markets. More from Forbes:
“Today, planning and pricing for ACA-compliant health plans has become increasingly difficult due to a shrinking and deteriorating Individual market, as well as continual changes and uncertainty in federal operations, rules and guidance, including cost sharing reduction subsidies and the restoration of taxes on fully insured coverage,” Anthem said in a statement Friday afternoon.  “As a result, the continued uncertainty makes it difficult for us to offer Individual health plans statewide in Virginia.”

Effective in January of 2018, Anthem said it will "not participate on the individual exchange in Virginia and will reduce its plan offering and will only offer off-exchange plans in Washington and Scott Counties and the city of Bristol, VA."

More:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/08/11/virginias-largest-health-insurer-drops-out-of-obamacare-exchange-for-2018-n2367548

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If you like your doctor....

Another large group of people lose their insurance thanks to the ACA.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
If you like Big Government, you can keep Big Government.  Otherwise move overseas.