Author Topic: In phone call, Trump and Xi discuss a nuke-less Korean Peninsula  (Read 896 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

In phone call, Trump and Xi discuss a nuke-less Korean Peninsula
Fox News, Aug 12, 2017

A Korean Peninsula free of nuclear weapons is a goal both Washington and Beijing are interested in pursuing, U.S. President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping agreed during a phone conversation Friday.

That portion of their phone call was confirmed early Saturday in a White House statement and in a report on Chinese state television.

<snip>

The White House confirmed early Saturday that Trump and Xi spoke Friday.

“The leaders affirmed that the recent adoption of a new United Nations Security Council resolution regarding North Korea was an important and necessary step toward achieving peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula,” the White House statement said. “President Trump and President Xi agreed North Korea must stop its provocative and escalatory behavior.

“The Presidents also reiterated their mutual commitment to denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.”
The statement added that Trump was looking forward to meeting with Xi in China later this year.

More:  http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08/12/in-phone-call-trump-and-xi-discuss-nuke-less-korean-peninsula.html

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: In phone call, Trump and Xi discuss a nuke-less Korean Peninsula
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 02:57:53 pm »
Trump called Xi his friend. We will see where this goes.

I certainly don't trust the Chinese Government, South China sea, possible war with India. A dicey situation but things look positive on the NK front right now.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 03:11:27 pm »
Trump called Xi his friend. We will see where this goes.

I certainly don't trust the Chinese Government, South China sea, possible war with India. A dicey situation but things look positive on the NK front right now.

I wonder what we're going to give up to get help.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 03:36:03 pm »

China helps us with getting rid of the Norks, and we bring our troops home from the Korean Peninsula.    I'll take that deal.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 03:39:09 pm »

There are rumors that it will be more stick than carrot. I'll post more if I find information on this from a credible source

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 03:54:49 pm »
Reagan met with Gorbachev, multiple times to wind down the Cold War.

Before that process reached success, Reagan moved Nukes closer to the USSR, in Western Europe......moves that would be far too aggressive, provocative apparently,  for affrighted #nevertrumps today.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln