Author Topic: Quebec border camp swells with asylum seekers from U.S., many Haitian  (Read 209 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
 #World News
August 10, 2017 / 7:10 PM / a day ago
Quebec border camp swells with asylum seekers from U.S., many Haitian

Anna Mehler Paperny

SAINT-BERNARD-DE-LACOLLE, Quebec (Reuters) - Dozens of army tents dotted the Canadian border on Thursday to house hundreds of asylum seekers, many from Haiti, streaming into the country from upstate New York to file refugee claims.

More than 200 people a day are illegally walking across the border into Quebec to seek asylum, government officials said. Over 4,300 asylum seekers have crossed illegally into Canada in the first half of this year, with some citing U.S. President Donald Trump’s tougher stance on immigration.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-canada-border-idUSKBN1AQ2OU
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Online Fishrrman

Re: Quebec border camp swells with asylum seekers from U.S., many Haitian
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 09:03:39 PM »
Keep movin' 'em across the border!

Hello, Quebec!

You need 'em more than we do!

Online dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 09:13:15 PM »
Well Justin said he wanted 'em....well, he's got 'em.

Online Smokin Joe

• The light at the end of the tunnel.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 02:49:47 AM »
Well Justin said he wanted 'em....well, he's got 'em.
Another True D'oh moment. Oh, Canada.  **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression
And I looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses. Nehemiah 4:14 (KJV)

About the only "Big" Liberals don't revile is "Big Government"

Online Fishrrman

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 07:02:30 PM »
Another thought...

Considering the ethnicity of those crossing the border -- Haitians, i.e. blacks -- also consider what time of year it is.
The middle of summer.
Even up around Rouse's Point, New York (where this is happening) this is a balmy time of year.

I wonder how those Haitians are gonna feel by the time January rolls around up there in Montreal...? Think they'll start having second thoughts...?

Online dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 07:04:30 PM »
Another thought...

Considering the ethnicity of those crossing the border -- Haitians, i.e. blacks -- also consider what time of year it is.
The middle of summer.
Even up around Rouse's Point, New York (where this is happening) this is a balmy time of year.

I wonder how those Haitians are gonna feel by the time January rolls around up there in Montreal...? Think they'll start having second thoughts...?

That's their problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf