Author Topic: Trump: 'I'm not going to rule out a military option' in Venezuela  (Read 7234 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Trump: 'I'm not going to rule out a military option' in Venezuela
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2017, 02:05:02 pm »
Trump is apparently a war mongering neocon.  :silly:

According to some he's channeling Sun Tzu.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2017, 02:57:00 pm »
These things keep happening because Marine Corps aviation...like the aviation branches of the other services have been forced to push back mandatory maintenance on aircraft past rational time frames because of lack of money thanks to sequestration. 

They are literally flying aircraft...the ones that can fly....to the point where they fall out of the sky. 

There have been stories posted here about parts having to be cannibalized from display aircraft to keep combat jets flying.

The AF went out to the Bone Yard in Arizona a couple years ago and got a B-52 up and running to maintain flight ops.

It's worse than what some people are making it out to be.

Except in this case, it's due to an accident with a V-22, which has inherent problems with the tilt rotor design like pilot induced oscillation and vortex ring state.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2017, 03:43:20 pm »
Except in this case, it's due to an accident with a V-22, which has inherent problems with the tilt rotor design like pilot induced oscillation and vortex ring state.

For the most part they've gotten the issues with the Osprey straightened out from what I can find.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2017, 03:58:24 pm »
For the most part they've gotten the issues with the Osprey straightened out from what I can find.

I don't want to stray too far off the thread subject and hijack it.  Given the fact the aircraft was making its landing approach to the carrier, that would seem to be a likely cause, due to the aircraft history with vertical descent.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2017, 04:05:19 pm »
These things keep happening because Marine Corps aviation...like the aviation branches of the other services have been forced to push back mandatory maintenance on aircraft past rational time frames because of lack of money thanks to sequestration. 

They are literally flying aircraft...the ones that can fly....to the point where they fall out of the sky. 

There have been stories posted here about parts having to be cannibalized from display aircraft to keep combat jets flying.

The AF went out to the Bone Yard in Arizona a couple years ago and got a B-52 up and running to maintain flight ops.

It's worse than what some people are making it out to be.

There were plenty of news stories last years from Conservative media outlets (before the Great Trump Purge of non-obeiscent media as 'fake news')and a few liberal ones that discussed this very issue of cannibalism for parts along with the force strength of our armed forces under Obama, which was universally at 1940 levels, and the Navy at 1917 levels.

Now, the same folks screaming about how those facts were harming us in Iraq, Syria and A'stan are hung-ho on attacking Venezuela while we are looking at a major Korean combat op?????
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2017, 04:14:37 pm »
There were plenty of news stories last years from Conservative media outlets (before the Great Trump Purge of non-obeiscent media as 'fake news')and a few liberal ones that discussed this very issue of cannibalism for parts along with the force strength of our armed forces under Obama, which was universally at 1940 levels, and the Navy at 1917 levels.

Now, the same folks screaming about how those facts were harming us in Iraq, Syria and A'stan are hung-ho on attacking Venezuela while we are looking at a major Korean combat op?????

That's what appears to be happening.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2017, 04:53:18 pm »
The part I don't see being discussed is how this plays right into The Left's narrative.

First of all, what better way to unite than to have an outside threat? This will help Maduro.

Secondly, The Left has been predicting we will intervene in Venezuela because it has oil.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2017, 05:09:16 pm »
The part I don't see being discussed is how this plays right into The Left's narrative.

First of all, what better way to unite than to have an outside threat? This will help Maduro.

Secondly, The Left has been predicting we will intervene in Venezuela because it has oil.

Bingo. Its exactly what Chavez did and now Maduro does in blaming shadowy outside enemies (Primarily America).

Its probably a lot more effective for Venezuelan national heroes like Miguel Cabrera to speak as he has been about the need for Govt to stand down and let the people choose new leadership.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2017, 05:09:25 pm »
"....a President Trump will not get us into countless wars..." - Soon to be revealed briefer from 2016

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2017, 05:16:20 pm »
"....a President Trump will not get us into countless wars..." - Soon to be revealed briefer from 2016

Which one of the resident forum clowns said that?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2017, 05:17:04 pm »
Getting involved would backfire IMO... then the Chavistas would say that the new government was just a "puppet" of the US and all that.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2017, 08:24:01 pm »
I take anything from someone talking out of ignorance about the military personally.

What you said was stupid and uncalled for.

Cut the crap.  You floated the notion of an OpSec violation to scare people off from posting on this thread pure and simple.

A PR person wouldn't know opsec if it bit them in the rear end.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2017, 08:26:50 pm »
A PR person wouldn't know opsec if it bit them in the rear end.

Gee didn't know you were a PR person.  Thanks for letting us know that.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2017, 08:35:40 pm »
Anyone seen that bumper sticker that says something like "Jesus may love you, but I think you're an a-hole" ? 

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2017, 08:41:16 pm »
Gee didn't know you were a PR person.  Thanks for letting us know that.

Oh we know who the pr person is.   Nobody here has anything but publicly available information.  People who know aren't posting here.  I've got 53 years left on my non disclosure but sure don't know anything current.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:41:58 pm by driftdiver »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2017, 08:47:43 pm »
Oh we know who the pr person is.   Nobody here has anything but publicly available information.  People who know aren't posting here.  I've got 53 years left on my non disclosure but sure don't know anything current.

:nometalk:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2017, 09:01:23 pm »

Apparently you don't because I dont do PR.

Clearly you have me mistaken for someone else.

:shrug:

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2017, 09:15:04 pm »
Apparently you don't because I dont do PR.

Clearly you have me mistaken for someone else.

:shrug:

Yeah right. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2017, 09:52:31 pm »
Anyone seen that bumper sticker that says something like "Jesus may love you, but I think you're an a-hole" ? 

I love it, It fits a couple of members here, perfectly, but we can't talk about it specifically @RoosGirl
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.