Author Topic: Trump: 'I'm not going to rule out a military option' in Venezuela  (Read 7233 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump: 'I'm not going to rule out a military option' in Venezuela
Jacob Pramuk   | @jacobpramuk
Published 8 Mins Ago  | Updated Moments Ago CNBC.com

President Donald Trump on Friday said he would not rule out a "military option" in Venezuela.

"We have many options for Venezuela, including a possible military option, if necessary," Trump said told reporters at his New Jersey golf club on Friday.

Continued: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/11/trump-on-venezuela-im-not-going-to-rule-out-a-military-option.html
As I heard it, it sounded like he said, this would not be, if a military operation, something the US would undertake alone. See total statement when it comes in. He just said this.

I hope this would not mean rebels or guerrillas, that is always trouble.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Trump: 'I'm not going to rule out a military option' in Venezuela
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 11:20:12 pm »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_UNITED_STATES_VENEZUELA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-08-11-18-24-52

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Donald Trump says he's considering possible military action against Venezuela in response to President Nicolas Maduro's power grab.

Trump tells reporters at his New Jersey golf course Friday that he's "not going to rule out" a military option."

He adds that it's "certainly something that we could pursue."

Trump has been blasting Maduro's moves to consolidate power, describing him as a "dictator."

The Trump administration has issued a series of sanctions against Maduro and more than two dozen current and former Venezuelan officials.

But a military intervention would be an extraordinary escalation in response.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 11:32:07 pm »
A military response would be one of the last choices; but some of Venezuela's neighbors, Peru and Colombia are upset at Venezuela, Colombia has accused Venezuela of trying to foment trouble in their country.

Peru expels Venezuela’s ambassador to protest Maduro’s breaking of democratic order
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/peru-expels-venezuelas-ambassador-to-protest-maduros-breaking-of-democratic-order/2017/08/11/f74ab028-7ed7-11e7-b2b1-aeba62854dfa_story.html?utm_term=.1ed1e21d4f46

I think we might lend a hand to these neighboring countries if they were to do something, them or the OAS, Organization of American States. It seems possible.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 11:37:46 pm »
TRUMP SAYS HE'S CONSIDERING MILITARY RESPONSE TO VENEZUELA

That would be a stupid move.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 11:40:33 pm »
Venezuela's laundering Iranian money, Cuba is behind a lot of the power grab in Venezuela.  This is the axis of evil. Yes, do nothing. Maybe they'll team up with Syria, Russia and North Korea too.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/the-iran-hezbollah-venezuela-axis/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 11:46:49 pm »
Venezuela's laundering Iranian money, Cuba is behind a lot of the power grab in Venezuela.  This is the axis of evil. Yes, do nothing. Maybe they'll team up with Syria, Russia and North Korea too.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/the-iran-hezbollah-venezuela-axis/

And that gives him reason to threaten to send our military to Venezuela because?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Mod1

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 11:50:51 pm »
Threads merged. Please check before posting.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 12:11:49 am »
   The Church Committee comes back to haunt us again, it use to be much easier to get rid of despots, announcing military option availability adds nothing but ego.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 12:14:57 am »
   The Church Committee comes back to haunt us again, it use to be much easier to get rid of despots, announcing military option availability adds nothing but ego.

We'll see.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 12:18:33 am »
Lessee, Obama dragged the military down to the lowest levels of men and equipment since pre-WWI. 

Today, after only 8 months in office, Trump wishes to threaten war on multiple fronts in more places on the globe than we have military resources.

Brilliant.

No wonder our enemies are laughing their asses off at us.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 12:21:44 am »
Lessee, Obama dragged the military down to the lowest levels of men and equipment since pre-WWI. 

Today, after only 8 months in office, Trump wishes to threaten war on multiple fronts in more places on the globe than we have military resources.

Brilliant.

No wonder our enemies are laughing their asses off at us.
Friday night is all right for fighting.  I see you have your Trump Hate Chubbie on.  Lets rock.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:22:13 am by Wingnut »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 12:24:08 am »
Putting it on the table at this point does not seem very prudent.  I would bet that average American hasn't a clue about what is going on in Venezuela.

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 12:27:19 am »
Putting it on the table at this point does not seem very prudent.  I would bet that average American hasn't a clue about what is going on in Venezuela.

The attention span of your average american is about as long as Chelsea Manning's Dick

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 12:29:42 am »
The attention span of your average american is about as long as Chelsea Manning's Dick

Jeez, did you have to bring that thing up again?

Hmm...I guess someone has to cause he can't anymore.

22222frying pan

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 12:37:13 am »
We are a member of the Organization of American States, we might have obligations if there was a vote to do this within the organization. The army there also had a minor rebellion. We could conceivably help them out. They say all that is going on is being done by the Cuban masters of Venezuela.  A power grab, a takeover.  Minor stuff compared to what we see elsewhere, it is interesting we acted in Panama, Grenada. Acting in this hemisphere is not unknown.

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 12:38:48 am »
Jeez, did you have to bring that thing up again?

Hmm...I guess someone has to cause he can't anymore.

22222frying pan

Baby.. only when stupid posts are bumped that should remain flaccid.  It's a manning moment.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 12:41:19 am »
Baby.. only when stupid posts are bumped that should remain flaccid.  It's a manning moment.

Well heck, you didn't have to call me stupid.  I'm going home to mother.

Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 12:43:25 am »
Well heck, you didn't have to call me stupid.  I'm going home to mother.

Your mother or mine?   :silly:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:43:55 am by Wingnut »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 12:44:28 am »
That would be a stupid move.
@txradioguy

I said before he was elected, he would start a war.  I didn't know he would start two - but we're not done yet with him - I now have a Trump "War List", to keep up to date.  Got water, food?

Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 12:49:01 am »
@txradioguy

I said before he was elected, he would start a war.  I didn't know he would start two - but we're not done yet with him - I now have a Trump "War List", to keep up to date.  Got water, food?

You will be long dead before the 1st bomb is drop.  So why are you worried?

Offline corbe

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 12:51:22 am »
   @Wingnut if I didn't know better I'd say it's you that's got the Boner to just go smash some Country up, misery does love company, doesn't matter what Hemisphere they are in.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 12:52:00 am »
Your mother or mine?   :silly:

Heh.  Anywho, stupid people remember threats of going to war with a country that as far as they know is a country is Europe.  Just doesn't seem like something you randomly throw out there.

Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 12:53:59 am »
   @Wingnut if I didn't know better I'd say it's you that's got the Boner to just go smash some Country up, misery does love company, doesn't matter what Hemisphere they are in.

Frank Cannon was right about you. 

Offline corbe

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 12:56:36 am »
   What, the Gay rumour again? @Wingnut

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 12:56:43 am »
"We don't talk about it. But a military operation, a military option, is certainly something we could pursue," he responded.

No, we don't talk about it - we just tweet about it and say things like 'we're locked and loaded.'
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.