Author Topic: Alabama Senate hopeful: 'You could say that' America today is evil  (Read 5703 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Alabama Senate hopeful: 'You could say that' America today is evil
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2017, 05:17:09 am »
   This is one of the things we disagree on @Emjay, the baby killing factories are just as much as an impediment on our Society as all this Gay crap, they are borne of the same destructive force, and I'm not gonna elaborate.

Yes I am old fashioned and as some have noted: homophobic, but I still respect your opinions, dear.

I respect yours also and admit to being kinda surprised that you feel this way.

But God sent me a Bible today after he found out I didn't have one and maybe I'll open it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2017, 06:38:44 am »
I have had the pleasure of meeting Roy Moore several times in person at Tea Parties meetings. Believe you me, Moore is no Putin fan. Christian Constitution Conservative that means what he says. His defense of the Alabama Constitution was his former job and defend it is what he did. I just love the fellow.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2017, 09:40:15 am »
I have had the pleasure of meeting Roy Moore several times in person at Tea Parties meetings. Believe you me, Moore is no Putin fan. Christian Constitution Conservative that means what he says. His defense of the Alabama Constitution was his former job and defend it is what he did. I just love the fellow.

Sounds like the kind of man who would serve the people of Alabama very well in the United States Senate!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 04:55:20 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2017, 09:57:13 am »
What a complete idiot. bleep goober.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2017, 11:11:28 am »

I don't know what is so wonderful about a guy who got fired twice.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Freedom928

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2017, 03:35:43 pm »
How can that be, considering Obama issued only 365 Executive Orders in all?

You're right, it wasn't EO's it was stifling regulations holding businesses back, and I didn't save the news article I read that in to refer you to. Some were in the EPA and some were policy directives. The problem with these and EO's is some leftist President can come along and reverse it again if they want to be really chitty. During the obummer era we barely got above 1% GDP. The last quarter saw 2.4% if I'm remembering right.

I read a massive amount of news and current events some days so it can get a little jumbled at times.
Political Correctness Offends Me.

Offline Freedom928

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2017, 03:37:40 pm »
Oh boy another Bagdad Bob propagandist.

So to you; telling the truth is propaganda? Okay; I'll try to remember that.
Political Correctness Offends Me.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2017, 03:57:16 pm »
So to you; telling the truth is propaganda? Okay; I'll try to remember that.

Cutting and pasting Trump propaganda is crap.

Try to remember that.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2017, 04:36:56 pm »
:amen:

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2017, 04:39:32 pm »

I don't know what is so wonderful about a guy who got fired twice.
Why don't you read up on the guy and then come back and tell us what you learned. You seem not to know much about his history.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2017, 05:04:35 pm »
You think you can but you're fooling yourself.  If you dissipate your energy on inconsequential actions by mentally ill people you do a couple of things. 

@Emjay
my 'energy' is not 'dissipated'. The Father renews me day by day.

You send out a message that you are on the side of the Nanny State.

Oh horse crap! It's the Nanny State that promotes it. As an instance, I'll GLADLY stand in Federalism with 2/3rds of the states that wrote laws banning gay marriage, It is YOU that is standing with unaccountable, un-elected, black-robed judges who wrote gay marriage into law by fiat. Just like abortion, by the way. It is the Federal government that is doing it...

People do things sexually that are wrong and maybe disgusting to some of us but those things only hurt themselves and have no real consequences in society.

Oh, you mean like the consequences of bastard children and single-parent homes? Just two generations ago, divorce was unthinkable. bastard children were a shame. Now single-parent homes and bastard kids are the biggest drag there is on the welfare system. That's all about people doing things that are sexually wrong.

This culture has become toxic to families and the raising of children. It celebrates sin and depravity, protects it and prefers it. The homo crap you defend is nothing but an extension of that. And the children who are growing up in it are so confused as to not even know what sex they are, or what bathroom to use.

Think of all the pain those children will go through and how much pain they will cause, before life beats this nonsense out of them enough to get a clue... if they don't get killed along the way. THAT is the product of this liquid-gender shit that this culture praises - and which you call inconsequential.

The basis and purpose of all society is marriage and the raising of children. And the very foundations are being washed away. It doesn't get more consequential than that.

Do you think it is an equal sin and crime to decide you want to change your sex than to kill a baby?

Sin is sin. break one tenet of Torah and you have broken them all. And in that aggregate, YES, the crimes are comparable.

Celebrating homosexual culture, which preys on the young and steals their lives is just as certainly the same. As is celebrating the 'free sex' culture, which has destroyed so very many, and left families maimed or ruined. As is celebrating the party-life culture, which spawned them all, to include abortion. It's all the same thing.

I think if conservatives would shut up about all that crapola and really concentrate on getting rid of abortion mills and Planned Parenthood, it would be a really, really good thing.

You are at crossed purposes. The culture that generates bastard children and causes them to be unwanted is as much causal to the fact as the actual act is. It is all integrated.

In Biblical days the result of depraved free-sex culture was the sacrifice of children, burned on altars. That was 'birth control'. The very same thing is happening today - The wallpaper is different, but it is the very same thing. This culture is toxic to life, to marriage, and to the rearing of children. A people that acts as we do is soul-seared enough to cast their children into the flames, just as they did back then.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2017, 05:09:53 pm »
See, there's a big difference between being offended and being affected.

Some transgender person parading around on TV does not affect us.  And it doesn't really affect society.

But 50,000 babies being killed in the womb destroys the moral fiber of our country.

In that you are PROFOUNDLY in error.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2017, 05:10:53 pm »
If you think the homosexual/transgender movement does not destroy the moral fiber of our country you are kidding yourself.  They are already teaching their brand if sickness to kids as small as kindergarden
in our schools, driving out executives who dare call their perversion what it is, driving businesses out of business who refuse to celebrate their filth, and gaining highly disproportionate representation in our social media and culture.  All moral ills need to be fought against.  And yes we can stand for more than one issue at a time.

BRAVA! Great post!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2017, 06:02:11 pm »
In that you are PROFOUNDLY in error.

Hey, bad news for you @roamer_1   Just because you think something doesn't make it true and just because you tell me I am in error does not mean I am in error.

See... here's the thing.  I think YOU are in error and I think you're scattering your forces.

But here's something else I think.

There is absolutely Zero point in arguing with you, so let's call it quits.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2017, 07:15:28 pm »
Hey, bad news for you @roamer_1   Just because you think something doesn't make it true and just because you tell me I am in error does not mean I am in error.

See... here's the thing.  I think YOU are in error and I think you're scattering your forces.

But here's something else I think.

There is absolutely Zero point in arguing with you, so let's call it quits.

Except when what you believe is Biblical; then if you believe it, it is true no matter what someone else thinks.

The issue you face, as you have stated before, is that you have some lovely homosexual friends.  And because those friends of yours are lovely people you believe there is no harm in their behavior.  You can, however, like a person and still understand that their behavior as a group is harmful to society.

I have a friend who is very liberal.  I love her and she is one of the nicest people I have ever known.  That does not mean that I don't believe that her behavior, as a liberal and part of a larger group of liberals, is harmful to society.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2017, 07:47:25 pm »
Except when what you believe is Biblical; then if you believe it, it is true no matter what someone else thinks.

The issue you face, as you have stated before, is that you have some lovely homosexual friends.  And because those friends of yours are lovely people you believe there is no harm in their behavior.  You can, however, like a person and still understand that their behavior as a group is harmful to society.

I have a friend who is very liberal.  I love her and she is one of the nicest people I have ever known.  That does not mean that I don't believe that her behavior, as a liberal and part of a larger group of liberals, is harmful to society.

Very sweet, @RoosGirl but one simply cannot use the Bible as an arbiter of truth.  There are so many different versions and different interpretations of all versions.

I've been an Episcopalian for most of my life and, yeah, I know, they are way too liberal for me now but I kept going.

The thing about it is I went to Bible Study every Tuesday morning for more years than I care to name.  Everybody had a different version of the Bible but most of the versions said basically the same thing.  We once spent two hours discussing the parable of the Prodigal Son and, with 3 priests in the room, we could not agree on exactly what Jesus was trying to tell us with that story.

Somebody on this forum attempted to insult me by using a verse from Corinthians and I suddenly realized that, even if I wanted to look it up, I couldn't.  I left everything behind including all my Bibles.  I mentioned that in a post and God read it.

The next morning He sent me a Bible.  He had to use a Jehovah's Witness lady to do it, but I now have a Bible.

I love God and I believe in him, but I don't believe the Bible is intended as a tool to beat people up.

If you want to go Bible, Jesus said much more about adultery than he ever did about homosexuality.  In fact, I have a Bible now and can look it up, but I don't believe he said anything about homosexuality.

He also said, 'let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.'  Everyone slipped away at that point, except a few people on this forum.

So ... there we are.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2017, 08:10:53 pm »

He also said, 'let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.'  Everyone slipped away at that point, except a few people on this forum.

So ... there we are.

Yeah, that doesn't mean everyone should just do whatever the hell they want or be excused from doing whatever the hell the want.

I am LCMS.  The LCMS website is pretty thorough and has a lot of resources covering pretty much every topic you would want to ask.  This link specifically will open a PDF that answers your statement of Jesus not addressing homosexuality in the Bible.  That's not exactly true.

www.lcms.org/Document.fdoc?src=lcm&id=3503

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2017, 08:19:53 pm »
Yeah, that doesn't mean everyone should just do whatever the hell they want or be excused from doing whatever the hell the want.

I am LCMS.  The LCMS website is pretty thorough and has a lot of resources covering pretty much every topic you would want to ask.  This link specifically will open a PDF that answers your statement of Jesus not addressing homosexuality in the Bible.  That's not exactly true.

IIRC there is a passage in Matthew where Jesus instructs the disciples to honor the word and teachings of his Father as if they were his own.

And the OT is very clear on Homosexuality being a sin.

So that being said...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2017, 08:21:43 pm »
IIRC there is a passage in Matthew where Jesus instructs the disciples to honor the word and teachings of his Father as if they were his own.

And the OT is very clear on Homosexuality being a sin.

So that being said...

That's right.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2017, 08:27:55 pm »
That's right.
A  more precise statement of txradioguy's point is that people must follow the words of God His Father because they were and are the Words of God the Son. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:29:12 pm by the_doc »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2017, 08:31:07 pm »

The thing about it is I went to Bible Study every Tuesday morning for more years than I care to name.  Everybody had a different version of the Bible but most of the versions said basically the same thing.  We once spent two hours discussing the parable of the Prodigal Son and, with 3 priests in the room, we could not agree on exactly what Jesus was trying to tell us with that story.

That should tell you something.
Maybe one should go where people actually know what he is saying and learn from them.
Or read the Book for yourself in a clear light without the traditions you have inherited.
There are not multiple truths. There is one.
What is in the way is always the 'traditions of men'.

The more fundamental the church, the more clear the interpretation. The reason for that is that they let the Book speak for itself.

If you want to go Bible, Jesus said much more about adultery than he ever did about homosexuality.  In fact, I have a Bible now and can look it up, but I don't believe he said anything about homosexuality.

Yeshua said to do and keep Torah. Everything he said was centered in that. Torah says no homo. Period. An abomination. Just like adultery. The land will spit you (addressed to nations) out.

So ... there we are.

That doesn't mean what you think it means. You might want to dig into it and find out who has the right to cast the first stone, and what was wrong with the proceedings... But then, that'd be Torah... The FRONT of the Book.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2017, 08:35:00 pm »
Very sweet, @RoosGirl but one simply cannot use the Bible as an arbiter of truth.  There are so many different versions and different interpretations of all versions.

I've been an Episcopalian for most of my life and, yeah, I know, they are way too liberal for me now but I kept going.

Somebody on this forum attempted to insult me by using a verse from Corinthians and I suddenly realized that, even if I wanted to look it up, I couldn't.  I left everything behind including all my Bibles.  I mentioned that in a post and God read it.

The next morning He sent me a Bible.  He had to use a Jehovah's Witness lady to do it, but I now have a Bible.

I love God and I believe in him, but I don't believe the Bible is intended as a tool to beat people up.

So ... there we are.

Wow, from Episcopalian without a Bible to Jehovah Witness in one full swoop! 

Of course the Bible mentions infidelity.  It mentions every sin a person could do.  It is supposed to.  Most of us are glad when we go to church and the Holy Spirit convicts us of our sins.  It is a time of self reflection that leads to repentance.  And that is the point.  No repentance if you don't believe you are a sinner.  And believe me homosexuals are.  And I can be certain that it isn't their only sin.  We are all sinners.  The difference being that nobody has tried to remove other sins from the Bible just to make people comfortable with their sin.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2017, 08:48:32 pm »
"That's the very argument that Vladimir Putin makes," Lewis pointed out.

And so did Trump make the same argument.  To compare America to Russia is irreprehensible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/pence-senators-respond-after-trump-compares-us-to-putin/2017/02/05/fab1a598-ebdc-11e6-a100-fdaaf400369a_video.html?utm_term=.d179bad10022

And Pence could try to explain it away but he said it.  Quite apparent why Trump would approve of Moore.

I remember the issue involving the removal of Ten Commandments.  I supported Moore but I would not support this kind of comparison.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2017, 08:57:33 pm »

So ... there we are.

We once spent two hours discussing the parable of the Prodigal Son and, with 3 priests in the room, we could not agree on exactly what Jesus was trying to tell us with that story.

That's pretty sad.  I always thought that was a very straight forward passage in the Bible.  One that speaks to every person who has strayed and come back for redemption.  The value that Christ has for the sinner.  The white robe and the feast.  What do you think it means?  Just wondering.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:59:52 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2017, 09:02:59 pm »

If it take some kind of esoteric search to find what Jesus thought about homosexuality, I'm thinking it wasn't top of his agenda.

How about the Parable of the Good Samaritan?  What do you think Jesus was trying to teach us? 

Samaritans were a despised people in those days and considered evil.  Jesus use a Samaritan to try to teach his disciples that people should be judged by their actions, not their reputation.