Author Topic: Alabama Senate hopeful: 'You could say that' America today is evil  (Read 5782 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Alabama Senate hopeful: 'You could say that' America today is evil
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2017, 02:01:13 pm »
How can that be, considering Obama issued only 365 Executive Orders in all?

No offense meant, but that sounds like a typical false claim that Trump propagandists like to make up and get spread around.

In any case, welcome to TBR, @Freedom928.  I hope this doesn't get us off on the wrong foot!

Executive orders are a poor metric by which to measure presidential performance. They can be don, undone, redone, and re-undone by successive presidents leaving us nowhere.

The fact is that almost all EOs these days are an abuse of presidential powers.

George Washington signed 8 executive orders most of which were simple administrative issues that had virtually no impact on the lives of citizens (Approving the layout of the District of Columbia). One that did have an impact on the citizens was an EO signed in an emergency at a time when it would take weeks to bring congress back into session. (Mustering Troops for the Whiskey Rebellion)

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2017, 02:04:25 pm »
Executive orders are a poor metric by which to measure presidential performance. They can be don, undone, redone, and re-undone by successive presidents leaving us nowhere.

The fact is that almost all EOs these days are an abuse of presidential powers.

George Washington signed 8 executive orders most of which were simple administrative issues that had virtually no impact on the lives of citizens (Approving the layout of the District of Columbia). One that did have an impact on the citizens was an EO signed in an emergency at a time when it would take weeks to bring congress back into session. (Mustering Troops for the Whiskey Rebellion)

The thing is that Trump could lose in 2020 and a Dem can undo all of Trump's EO. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2017, 02:06:07 pm »

The thing is that Trump could lose in 2020 and a Dem can undo all of Trump's EO.

At least they can't undo his tweets /sarc
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2017, 02:09:39 pm »
At least they can't undo his tweets /sarc

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2017, 02:11:22 pm »
Oh boy another Bagdad Bob propagandist.

How is this welcoming to a new member?   :pondering:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2017, 06:53:40 pm »
Maybe!  But he is right as rain as well!

Not an a-hole but should be savvy enough not to give the media ammunition ... not even a BB.  They will drive it through your heart.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2017, 06:56:23 pm »

He praised Putin..

He did not and you know it.  He made an offhand remark that he meant to be funny. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2017, 07:00:18 pm »
I agree. President Trump is doing a fantastic job considering he has a hostile Hatestream Misleadia, a hostile dem party in DC working with a hostile GOPe (establishment deep state swamp creatures) to deal with and millions of dems with a severe case of TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome). Add in an office that leaks like a sieve and it's amazing he's doing so well.

Obummer only had 5 significant accomplishments in the entire 8 years in office. He allowed grown men in dresses to be in the bathroom with your 6 yo daughter, allowed gays and trannies in the military to disable it, pushed through by lying a terrible healthcare bill that's disabling working class families (the ACA only works if you're poor), made public school lunches inedible, and made cops lives unimportant.

To date President Trump has undone 860 bad executive orders by obama so small and large businesses can work and hire employees with confidence of some kind of future going forward. If he can manage to nudge the congress into a o'care repeal; the replacement for it and the budget will go much smoother. We have to figure it would take at least a year to undo all the damage done by the obama Administration. That in itself is a huge win. Add in Gorsuch sworn in as Scalia's replacement Justice; the man is doing pretty darn good so far with everything stacked against him.

And now there's some crazy twerp in N. Korea hiding in his secret bunker for fear of being assassinated because his big mouth wrote checks his butt can't cash without getting himself and his people obliterated from the map. Compared to the hostile congress though; the twerp is a mere nuisance.

I like your style.  I hope you continue posting.  You bring a different perspective without sounding like an idiot.

And, as far as I know, no one else has made as good a coined word or words as "Hatestream Misleadia."

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2017, 07:02:44 pm »
I like your style.  I hope you continue posting.  You bring a different perspective without sounding like an idiot.

And, as far as I know, no one else has made as good a coined word or words as "Hatestream Misleadia."

You you enjoy someone posting factually inaccurate propaganda?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2017, 07:18:03 pm »
Exactly right. Justice has fled. Perversity reigns.

No ... perversity exists in excruciatingly small numbers but it certainly doesn't reign. 

It's feasted upon by the press  in order to sell stuff but has no effect on an ordinary person's life. 

A person could, and usually does, go their whole life and never actually encounter a trans-sexual person.

I don't regard being gay as a perversion but gays are a statistically tiny portion of the population, and among that population, gays who want to marry are another tiny portion.

It's nothing to get excited about.

There are far more important things to focus on.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2017, 07:19:15 pm »
*sigh*  Poor Claytie

Not even close. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2017, 07:24:37 pm »
You you enjoy someone posting factually inaccurate propaganda?

I said I liked his style and new voices around here should be welcomed.  I didn't notice any factually inaccurate propaganda but then, I tend to scan.

Could you elucidate?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2017, 07:36:17 pm »
No ... perversity exists in excruciatingly small numbers but it certainly doesn't reign. 

50 million dead babies killed by their mothers in the womb. Nuff said. We have no moral leg to stand upon.

A person could, and usually does, go their whole life and never actually encounter a trans-sexual person.

I don't regard being gay as a perversion but gays are a statistically tiny portion of the population, and among that population, gays who want to marry are another tiny portion.

Funny how you took that to mean trannys/homosexuality.

Adultery and fornication are just as perverse - They have just been normalized enough that your normalcy bias is engaged.

Homosexuality is indeed an abomination, for which the land will spit you out (as a nation).
But so is adultery. And adultery is so prevalent as to be incidental anymore.

No, perversity reigns.

It's nothing to get excited about.

There are far more important things to focus on.

No there really isn't. Every ill that plagues this nation is directly attributable to moral turpitude.
none of it will be fixed without fixing the underlying moral decline, which is currently being hailed and honored in our halls of government.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:37:12 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline the_doc

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2017, 07:39:03 pm »
@guitar4jesus
@Bigun
@roamer_1
@kevindavis
@txradioguy
@INVAR
@Sanguine
I can see a candidate pointing out the evil that exists in America but to imply Putin is correct in saying it is quite the political faux pas.
Maybe you're right about this being a political faux pas, but we ought to stipulate that Moore was not really endorsing Putin as a good guy.  Even a guy like Putin can find an acorn of truth every once in a while.  Here's a video of what Putin actually said in 2016: 
https://youtu.be/Bee70unn9aM
I think that some of the points Putin made are sociologically profound.  And it appears that Putin is strongly anti-Globalist, at least.

(Do I trust Putin?  No.  But do I think he's correct in the video?  Yes.  And that was Roy Moore's point.)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2017, 07:51:06 pm »
@guitar4jesus
@Bigun
@roamer_1
@kevindavis
@txradioguy
@INVAR
@Sanguine Maybe you're right about this being a political faux pas, but we ought to stipulate that Moore was not really endorsing Putin as a good guy.  Even a guy like Putin can find an acorn of truth every once in a while.  Here's a video of what Putin actually said in 2016: 
I think that some of the points Putin made are sociologically profound.  And it appears that Putin is strongly anti-Globalist, at least.

(Do I trust Putin?  No.  But do I think he's correct in the video?  Yes.  And that was Roy Moore's point.)

Excellent observation and I concur!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2017, 08:06:57 pm »
50 million dead babies killed by their mothers in the womb. Nuff said. We have no moral leg to stand upon.

Funny how you took that to mean trannys/homosexuality.

Adultery and fornication are just as perverse - They have just been normalized enough that your normalcy bias is engaged.

Homosexuality is indeed an abomination, for which the land will spit you out (as a nation).
But so is adultery. And adultery is so prevalent as to be incidental anymore.

No, perversity reigns.

No there really isn't. Every ill that plagues this nation is directly attributable to moral turpitude.
none of it will be fixed without fixing the underlying moral decline, which is currently being hailed and honored in our halls of government.

See, you totally misunderstand me.

I am passionate about the Pro-Life movement.  I think it weakens our fight against this horror when we focus on the infinitesimal  portion of society with mental illness relating to sexual identity.

If you obsess about that, what about the babies? 

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2017, 08:58:04 pm »
@guitar4jesus
@Bigun
@roamer_1
@kevindavis
@txradioguy
@INVAR
@Sanguine Maybe you're right about this being a political faux pas, but we ought to stipulate that Moore was not really endorsing Putin as a good guy.  Even a guy like Putin can find an acorn of truth every once in a while.  Here's a video of what Putin actually said in 2016: 

Unfortunately, for conservatives in America there's little wiggle room.  I'm not saying this is a fatal mistake but he'd better be careful.  It's not just his opponents he's running against but, as we all know, the press as well and for conservatives there's no quarter given.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2017, 09:10:17 pm »
See, you totally misunderstand me.

I am passionate about the Pro-Life movement.  I think it weakens our fight against this horror when we focus on the infinitesimal  portion of society with mental illness relating to sexual identity.

If you obsess about that, what about the babies?

Guess what? I can do both at the same time. Amazing, ain't it?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2017, 11:42:00 pm »

Amen to that

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2017, 03:33:36 am »

You think you can but you're fooling yourself.  If you dissipate your energy on inconsequential actions by mentally ill people you do a couple of things.  You send out a message that you are on the side of the Nanny State.

People do things sexually that are wrong and maybe disgusting to some of us but those things only hurt themselves and have no real consequences in society.

Do you think it is an equal sin and crime to decide you want to change your sex than to kill a baby?

I don't.

I think if conservatives would shut up about all that crapola and really concentrate on getting rid of abortion mills and Planned Parenthood, it would be a really, really good thing.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2017, 03:40:09 am »
See, there's a big difference between being offended and being affected.

Some transgender person parading around on TV does not affect us.  And it doesn't really affect society.

But 50,000 babies being killed in the womb destroys the moral fiber of our country.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2017, 03:59:49 am »
You think you can but you're fooling yourself.  If you dissipate your energy on inconsequential actions by mentally ill people you do a couple of things.  You send out a message that you are on the side of the Nanny State.

People do things sexually that are wrong and maybe disgusting to some of us but those things only hurt themselves and have no real consequences in society.

Do you think it is an equal sin and crime to decide you want to change your sex than to kill a baby?

I don't.

I think if conservatives would shut up about all that crapola and really concentrate on getting rid of abortion mills and Planned Parenthood, it would be a really, really good thing.

There's a big difference between a sin and a crime.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2017, 04:00:49 am »

Some transgender person parading around on TV does not affect us.  And it doesn't really affect society.

But 50,000 babies being killed in the womb destroys the moral fiber of our country.

If you think the homosexual/transgender movement does not destroy the moral fiber of our country you are kidding yourself.  They are already teaching their brand if sickness to kids as small as kindergarden
in our schools, driving out executives who dare call their perversion what it is, driving businesses out of business who refuse to celebrate their filth, and gaining highly disproportionate representation in our social media and culture.  All moral ills need to be fought against.  And yes we can stand for more than one issue at a time. 
God is still in control

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2017, 04:01:18 am »

Normalizing any kind of bad behavior is bad for society.

Online corbe

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2017, 04:03:05 am »

This is one of the things we disagree on @Emjay, the baby killing factories are just as much as an impediment on our Society as all this Gay crap, they are borne of the same destructive force, and I'm not gonna elaborate.

Yes I am old fashioned and as some have noted: homophobic, but I still respect your opinions, dear.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.