Author Topic: Alabama Senate hopeful: 'You could say that' America today is evil  (Read 5791 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Roy Moore, one of the Republicans vying to replace Attorney General Jeff Session as an Alabama senator, said in a recent interview that "you could say that" America today is evil.

When The Guardian's Paul Lewis, who was probing the rising popularity of Russian President Vladimir Putin among U.S. conservatives, told Moore that former President Reagan called Russia "the focus of evil in the modern world," Moore said it wasn't the only one.

"You could say that very well about America, couldn't you?" Moore responded in the interview published Wednesday.

"We promote a lot of bad things," added the former chief justice of Alabama's Supreme Court, specifically citing same-sex marriage.

"That's the very argument that Vladimir Putin makes," Lewis pointed out.

"Well, then maybe Putin is right," Moore said. "Maybe he's more akin to me than I know."

Moore is leading the GOP primary in the special election to replace Sessions, according to a poll released this week. Also running for the Senate seat in deep-red Alabama are Republicans Rep. Mo Brooks and Sen. Luther Strange, who was appointed after Sessions was confirmed to lead the Justice Department.

Moore and Brooks are both running as anti-establishment candidates, trying to paint Strange as a tool of the Washington establishment.

President Trump endorsed Strange on Tuesday.

In 2003, Moore left the state Supreme Court after refusing to remove a monument of the Ten Commandments, which he had commissioned, from outside the Alabama Judicial Building, as ordered by a federal court.

Moore was elected again as chief justice in 2013, but resigned earlier this year after being found guilty of six judicial ethics code violations for his ordering of lower judges to enforce the state's gay marriage ban after it had been overturned.

In the Guardian interview, Moore also said "it was the providential hand of God" that placed Trump in the White House, and said that "God knows the heart of man" when asked to comment on Trump's adherence to the Ten Commandments. He compared Trump to the biblical King David, who he said also broke many of God's laws on his way to the throne.

Source: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/346076-alabama-senate-hopeful-says-maybe-putin-is-right-on-gay-rights-issues
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Alabama Senate hopeful: 'You could say that' America today is evil
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 09:04:58 pm »
What an a**hole..

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 09:10:50 pm »
What an a**hole..

Maybe!  But he is right as rain as well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 09:12:13 pm »

Nope.. I still consider Russia evil as well..

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 09:17:26 pm »
Moore for Senate - "We promote a lot of bad things"

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 09:18:52 pm »
I can see a candidate pointing out the evil that exists in America but to imply Putin is correct in saying it is quite the political faux pas.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 09:20:47 pm »

Nope.. I still consider Russia evil as well..

So do I and that doesn't have any affect on what Judge Moore said at all.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 09:22:02 pm »
   Did Roy Moore just have his Clayton Williams moment? Stay tuned.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 09:30:04 pm »
Moore might have been somewhat led in this interview; it doesn't mean he is a Putinista-type; maybe the Guardian just framed the questions in this manner.

I'm sure his opponents are "conservative" as well; and they could exploit this if Moore shows a weakness.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 09:32:05 pm »
Moore might have been somewhat led in this interview; it doesn't mean he is a Putinista-type; maybe the Guardian just framed the questions in this manner.

I'm sure his opponents are "conservative" as well; and they could exploit this if Moore shows a weakness.

This shows that Moore is an idiot. He sounds like a Putinista..

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 09:41:44 pm »

This shows that Moore is an idiot. He sounds like a Putinista..

There are plenty of persons here against Same-Sex Marriage. I don't think it is fair, fair to judge at least,  if I asked Person X if they were for "same-sex marriage", they say "no" and then I say, "oh, you're making the same argument Putin makes";

The Guardian is left-wing and savages American Conservatives when they can. I think this is just part of that. They trapped, they tried a "gotcha question" on Moore.

I hope one can be against Same-Sex Marriage without being associated with Vladimir Putin.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 09:57:34 pm »
   Did Roy Moore just have his Clayton Williams moment? Stay tuned.

They ALWAYS tell you who they fear if you pay attention!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 10:28:35 pm »
What is so great about a guy who was guilty of six charges of violation of the canons of judicial ethics by the Alabama court of the judiciary???
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:40:56 pm by kevindavis »

Offline Freedom928

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 10:44:23 pm »
What an a**hole..
Why? Just because he doesn't believe in gay marriage and neither does Putin?

So if Putin believed in gay marriage like you apparently do; would that make you a Putinista?
Political Correctness Offends Me.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 10:53:53 pm »
What is so great about a guy who was guilty of six charges of violation of the canons of judicial ethics by the Alabama court of the judiciary???

Charges?  Anyone can make charges.  Doesn't make them true.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 10:57:19 pm »

So if Putin believed in gay marriage like you apparently do; would that make you a Putinista?

What makes you think I like Gay Marriage? I ALSO DON'T LIKE FORMER HEADS OF THE KGB!!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 11:00:54 pm »

What makes you think I like Gay Marriage? I ALSO DON'T LIKE FORMER HEADS OF THE KGB!!

Kevin!  Who was it that injected Putin into the conversation?  I'm  sure it wasn't Judge Moore!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 11:02:35 pm »
Kevin!  Who was it that injected Putin into the conversation?  I'm  sure it wasn't Judge Moore!

He praised Putin..

HonestJohn

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2017, 11:02:59 pm »

Of course he's right.

We have the Lord of Flies sitting as President.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 11:05:27 pm »

He praised Putin..

No he most assuredly did not praise Putin!  Not in any shape,  form, or fashion.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 11:07:48 pm »
Of course he's right.

We have the Lord of Flies sitting as President.

Your opinion is noted and you may be proven correct in the end but his actions in office to date do not argue in your favor.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 11:26:09 pm »

He could have made his point without invoking Putin.   Extremely tone deaf, considering that Russia backs a country that we very well may be at war with soon.

Offline Freedom928

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 11:28:00 pm »
Your opinion is noted and you may be proven correct in the end but his actions in office to date do not argue in your favor.

I agree. President Trump is doing a fantastic job considering he has a hostile Hatestream Misleadia, a hostile dem party in DC working with a hostile GOPe (establishment deep state swamp creatures) to deal with and millions of dems with a severe case of TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome). Add in an office that leaks like a sieve and it's amazing he's doing so well.

Obummer only had 5 significant accomplishments in the entire 8 years in office. He allowed grown men in dresses to be in the bathroom with your 6 yo daughter, allowed gays and trannies in the military to disable it, pushed through by lying a terrible healthcare bill that's disabling working class families (the ACA only works if you're poor), made public school lunches inedible, and made cops lives unimportant.

To date President Trump has undone 860 bad executive orders by obama so small and large businesses can work and hire employees with confidence of some kind of future going forward. If he can manage to nudge the congress into a o'care repeal; the replacement for it and the budget will go much smoother. We have to figure it would take at least a year to undo all the damage done by the obama Administration. That in itself is a huge win. Add in Gorsuch sworn in as Scalia's replacement Justice; the man is doing pretty darn good so far with everything stacked against him.

And now there's some crazy twerp in N. Korea hiding in his secret bunker for fear of being assassinated because his big mouth wrote checks his butt can't cash without getting himself and his people obliterated from the map. Compared to the hostile congress though; the twerp is a mere nuisance.

Offline Freedom928

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 11:34:13 pm »
He could have made his point without invoking Putin.   Extremely tone deaf, considering that Russia backs a country that we very well may be at war with soon.
Moore didn't invoke Putin; the interviewer did. Moore just said he and Putin may have more "akin" (in common) with Putin than he knew. Moore was in no way aligning with Putin. To say so would be to take his words completely out of context.

This is how the leftist journalists twist things around to make people sound like they are saying something they didn't. I hope you didn't fall for it.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 11:36:18 pm »
Moore didn't invoke Putin; the interviewer did. Moore just said he and Putin may have more "akin" (in common) with Putin than he knew. Moore was in no way aligning with Putin. To say so would be to take his words completely out of context.

This is how the leftist journalists twist things around to make people sound like they are saying something they didn't. I hope you didn't fall for it.

You make a good point.    That being said, Moore should have recognized the bear trap that was set for him, it's a fact of life for any candidate that the media opposes.