Author Topic: Conservative chairman in talks about ObamaCare stabilization deal  (Read 475 times)

Offline corbe

Conservative chairman in talks about ObamaCare stabilization deal

By Peter Sullivan - 08/11/17 01:38 PM EDT

Reps. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) and Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.) are in talks for a bill that would stabilize ObamaCare markets.

The measure would fund key ObamaCare payments known as cost-sharing reductions, possibly in exchange for expanded flexibility favored by conservatives for states to waive ObamaCare regulations through broadening an existing provision known as 1332 waivers.

The talks were first reported by Axios.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/346213-conservative-chairman-in-talks-about-obamacare-stabilization-deal
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Conservative chairman in talks about ObamaCare stabilization deal
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 04:02:12 am »
Time to contact my congresscritters.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Freedom928

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 04:43:38 am »
I'm no expert on the subject but my gut tells me the best thing to do is repeal that monstrosity completely then build a plan that's non-mandatory and allows insurers to offer many different plans with different levels of coverage to suit the needs and wants of their customers just like car insurance does. A 20 yo old is going to want a different level of coverage if it comes out of his or her wallet than a 60 yo. Companies want to be able to offer different plans to their employees as well for different reasons but I can see a minimum level of coverage needed then to be fair to everyone working there. Employees may want to add to their coverage with their own money to be taken out before it's taxed or something like that.

Let's face it; a 60 yo man can get get by without paps smears, breast x-rays, and abortion coverage quite nicely but he may want to make sure he has prostate check up coverage.
Political Correctness Offends Me.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 11:23:21 am »
I'm no expert on the subject but my gut tells me the best thing to do is repeal that monstrosity completely then build a plan that's non-mandatory and allows insurers to offer many different plans with different levels of coverage to suit the needs and wants of their customers just like car insurance does. A 20 yo old is going to want a different level of coverage if it comes out of his or her wallet than a 60 yo. Companies want to be able to offer different plans to their employees as well for different reasons but I can see a minimum level of coverage needed then to be fair to everyone working there. Employees may want to add to their coverage with their own money to be taken out before it's taxed or something like that.

Let's face it; a 60 yo man can get get by without paps smears, breast x-rays, and abortion coverage quite nicely but he may want to make sure he has prostate check up coverage.

If you can make that statement you are more of an expert than anyone in DC.

Welcome to TBR.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Freedom928

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 07:48:02 pm »
If you can make that statement you are more of an expert than anyone in DC.

Welcome to TBR.

Thanks much. :)

The sad thing about all this healthcare stuff is what I described is pretty much what it was before the ACA was signed into law screwing everything up.

All that was needed was to drop the regulations blocking coverage across state lines so more competition and larger pools could be made to lower costs. The insurance companies have a number they want to reach for profits. They are, after all, in the business to make money by offering a service. Their goal should be to offer their services better and less expensive than their competition.

Here's the caveat. I believe the Insurance companies want that block on state lines and I think they collude to make sure prices don't undercut each other too much so they all maintain a certain level of profitability. This is, of course, against the law but proving it is much harder than suspecting it. I bet the government knows this and turns a blind eye because the insurance companies could up and shut down leaving everyone in the lurch. Then the government would either have to step and act as the insurance company or hire a new company to do it for them. All of this way above my pay grade but most of us know the game is rigged.
Political Correctness Offends Me.