Author Topic: Gingrich: Trump handling the Senate 'badly'  (Read 1841 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gingrich: Trump handling the Senate 'badly'
« on: August 11, 2017, 02:17:02 pm »

Gingrich: Trump handling the Senate 'badly'

By JAKE LAHUT

08/11/2017 09:51 AM EDT

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich criticized President Trump's lack of cooperation with the Senate amid broadsides the president has levied at Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell this week.

"It's not the Senate that's the problem," Gingrich said in an interview Friday on the Fox Business Channel. "But notice as much as much as I admire the president, and as much as I think he's handling North Korea well, I think he's handling the Senate equally badly."

While Gingrich is not the first to point out Trump’s hesitancy to align with Republicans, he pointed to specific tendencies in his vocabulary as his primary fault in his working relationship with the Senate.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/11/trump-senate-mitch-mcconnell-feud-newt-gingrich-react-241530
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Gingrich: Trump handling the Senate 'badly'
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 02:24:29 pm »
Gingrich is a traitor to Trump.  :silly:

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 03:09:18 pm »
What then is the goodly way? We continue taking the Republican scenic route to Hell?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 03:16:57 pm »
Newt - I like you (probably more than most here). Respect your intelligence. So don't go insulting mine with that BS.

The Senate is the problem. Not the House - they're passing bills. Not - in this case, anyways - the President. He's waiting for bills to land on his desk. In fact, I'll even give Trump credit for being slightly less thuggish in his approach to Senate opposition than he usually has been.

So, shut it with yon foolishness.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 03:33:02 pm »
Gingrich is a traitor to Trump.  :silly:

It's all for show.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 03:50:02 pm »
Newt - I like you (probably more than most here). Respect your intelligence. So don't go insulting mine with that BS.

The Senate is the problem. Not the House - they're passing bills. Not - in this case, anyways - the President. He's waiting for bills to land on his desk. In fact, I'll even give Trump credit for being slightly less thuggish in his approach to Senate opposition than he usually has been.

Thanks!  Saved me the trouble!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 03:52:05 pm »
 :beer:

It ticked me.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 04:02:05 pm »

No hither? Don't seem right without hither.

@EC

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 04:28:08 pm »
 :tongue2:

That's a word we don't use much. Yon, on the other hand, is a common descriptor up North.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 04:31:05 pm »

It ticked me.

As it damn well should have!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 04:41:06 pm »

It ticked me.

Me too.  I saw him going on about this on Fox Business this morning, and I said to Mrs Liberty, "Newt's FOS on this one."  Gingrich is Legislature-centric, so he'd side with Ryan or McConnell instinctively.  He did not more past his instincts on this, and I was surprised because he usually thinks deeper than that.

That said, calling Gingrich a "traitor to Trump" is hyperbolic, even if in jest.  It's possible to just be wrong.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline endicom

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 05:40:27 pm »

That's a word we don't use much. Yon, on the other hand, is a common descriptor up North.

Well, I ain't Walken it back. Needs more hither.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 08:04:39 pm »

'Yonder' for the rest of us...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 08:12:33 pm »
'Yonder' for the rest of us...

I go with yonder as well.

Course I also say winder

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 08:19:55 pm »
I go with yonder as well.

Course I also say winder

Me too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 10:12:38 pm »

Newt never implied the House was the problem.  He certainly implied the President was the problem.  He said Trump is a player too...he is on the field.  He didn't lobby anybody in the Senate and he offered no solutions for the replacement Trumpcare.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 11:48:17 pm »
Newt never implied the House was the problem.  He certainly implied the President was the problem.  He said Trump is a player too...he is on the field.  He didn't lobby anybody in the Senate and he offered no solutions for the replacement Trumpcare.

He's right about that.  Trump could have done more to lobby the Senators, and it's true he didn't know how to do that.  But it's a shared responsibility. 

McCain said, after he stuck the knife in Trump, it was because the Governor of AZ expressed concern that it wasn't enough.  If Trump would have known that, he could have lobbied the Governor, but McCain didn't tell him in time that he should.  So McCain was able to waltz off claiming he was doing what his constituents wanted.  If I was Gov. Ducey I'd be pissed at McCain.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:49:47 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Freedom928

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 04:55:35 am »
McCain is a disgrace. It's not Christian to wish someone dead so I'll just wish the cancer does enough to remove him from his position so we can get an actual conservative in there instead of his traitorous and crazy self.

From what I understand he really screwed over a lot of people while in the service. He had no business flying a plane and he dropped a bomb right on the flight deck of ship he was getting ready to take off from. The damage was immense and rather than help fight the fire where good real servicemen were killed; he ran away. This was a case where the turd rose to the top instead of the cream.
Political Correctness Offends Me.

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2017, 02:27:37 am »
He's right about that.  Trump could have done more to lobby the Senators, and it's true he didn't know how to do that.  But it's a shared responsibility. 

McCain said, after he stuck the knife in Trump, it was because the Governor of AZ expressed concern that it wasn't enough.  If Trump would have known that, he could have lobbied the Governor, but McCain didn't tell him in time that he should.  So McCain was able to waltz off claiming he was doing what his constituents wanted.  If I was Gov. Ducey I'd be pissed at McCain.

I KNOW RIGHT?!?  Why didn't anybody see this coming?  I read on the internet that Senate Majority Leader McConnell has always run his reelection campaigns honorably, and he has never failed to fix the problems in America since he was elected Senate Majority leader 7 years ago, but then suddenly, after President Trump was elected, Mitch started to go all Establishmenty.  I just wish advisors like Steve Bannon and Roger Stone could have somehow predicted Senators McConnell, and McCain might not be reliable.

Sad.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 03:47:48 am »
I KNOW RIGHT?!?  Why didn't anybody see this coming?  I read on the internet that Senate Majority Leader McConnell has always run his reelection campaigns honorably, and he has never failed to fix the problems in America since he was elected Senate Majority leader 7 years ago, but then suddenly, after President Trump was elected, Mitch started to go all Establishmenty.  I just wish advisors like Steve Bannon and Roger Stone could have somehow predicted Senators McConnell, and McCain might not be reliable.

Sad.

Read that on the internet, huh.   :laugh:

(I knew McConnell's an a-hole, along with McCain and the others, and I didn't need the internet to know that...)
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 03:03:08 pm »
Trump could have done more to lobby the Senators, and it's true he didn't know how to do that. 

The guy who put "experienced at dealmaking" on his résumé, and after hiring him you figure out he was cashier at McDonald's.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 03:06:03 pm »
The guy who put "experienced at dealmaking" on his résumé, and after hiring him you figure out he was cashier at McDonald's.

Bingo!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 04:30:56 am »
From what I understand he really screwed over a lot of people while in the service. He had no business flying a plane and he dropped a bomb right on the flight deck of ship he was getting ready to take off from. The damage was immense and rather than help fight the fire where good real servicemen were killed; he ran away. This was a case where the turd rose to the top instead of the cream.

@Freedom928

How about some citations on those claims? If you're talking about the Forrestal incident, what you described is nothing like what happened. Again, it sounds like you're getting fooled by a lot of the made-up garbage going around sites like FR, where facts don't matter.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 04:42:24 am »
@Freedom928

How about some citations on those claims? If you're talking about the Forrestal incident, what you described is nothing like what happened. Again, it sounds like you're getting fooled by a lot of the made-up garbage going around sites like FR, where facts don't matter.

I detest McCain, and I'm pretty sure he was thoroughly exonerated by the investigation of the Forrestal.  But, I also believe somebody who crashed as many trainers as he did would never have been allowed to get into a plane on the Forrestal.  But I wasn't there back then, so I don't know what he did in school.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2017, 04:52:32 am »
@Freedom928

It's common knowledge on Trumpbart.com .  You sound like the kind of person who has empathy and compassion for American POWs.  Like our President, I like people who weren’t captured.