Author Topic: Deeper into the swamp  (Read 522 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Deeper into the swamp
« on: August 10, 2017, 05:23:41 pm »
Deeper into the swamp
Fair’s fair, Hillary and her campaign deserve their own investigation
Washington Times, Aug 9, 2017, Editorial Board

Sending a defeated rival to the penitentiary is not the American way (except, maybe, in New Jersey, Illinois or Louisiana). But in a swamp there’s always an alligator eager to bite off any fingers searching in the murk for the drain plug.

Democrats are big fans of special prosecutors, especially this year, so maybe Hillary Clinton deserves the scrutiny Robert Mueller and his lawyers are giving Donald Trump & Co. Since nearly all of Mr. Mueller’s lawyers contributed to Hillary’s campaign, they might leap at the opportunity to see how their money was spent. Or maybe Hillary deserves a special prosecutor of her own.

<snip>

Authentic collusion was more likely in that secret meeting between Loretta Lynch, then the attorney general, and Bill Clinton at the Phoenix airport just when the Justice Department was wrapping up its investigation of Hillary’s slipshod handling of classified information on her private email server. The Obama administration brushed off suggestions that the meeting was anything more nefarious than that Bubba and the lady bumped into each other and were overwhelmed by an urge to talk about Bubba’s new grandchild and his golf game.

More:  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/9/editorial-deeper-into-the-swamp/

Offline the_doc

Re: Deeper into the swamp
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 07:03:11 pm »
Deeper into the swamp
Fair’s fair, Hillary and her campaign deserve their own investigation
Washington Times, Aug 9, 2017, Editorial Board

Sending a defeated rival to the penitentiary is not the American way (except, maybe, in New Jersey, Illinois or Louisiana). But in a swamp there’s always an alligator eager to bite off any fingers searching in the murk for the drain plug.

The American way used to be associated with Truth and Justice.  (Ask Superman.)  Nowadays, the winners think it is wonderful to be gracious to criminal opponents.  After all, they lost the election--so, no harm, no foul, right? 

Actually, most politicians who win are perfectly happy with winning.  Most politicians are narcissists who don't care overly much about Truth, Justice, and the American Way.  Since I believed that Trump fit that mold of smarmy narcissism better (worser?) than most political hypocrites, I refused to vote for him. 

Well, I wasn't surprised at all when Trump pronounced Hillary and Bill "good people" at his inauguration ceremony.  Trump's Norman-Vincent-Pealeism is a religious fraud dressed up as Christian grace.  Based on the big picture I saw of Trump, I frankly didn't expect him to do what it takes to drain the swamp.  I am now encouraged by the fact that he is probably thinking that he has to do so in order to survive.  (Alas, it might already be too late.)

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 08:15:41 pm »
The American way used to be associated with Truth and Justice.  (Ask Superman.)  Nowadays, the winners think it is wonderful to be gracious to criminal opponents.  After all, they lost the election--so, no harm, no foul, right? 

Actually, most politicians who win are perfectly happy with winning.  Most politicians are narcissists who don't care overly much about Truth, Justice, and the American Way.  Since I believed that Trump fit that mold of smarmy narcissism better (worser?) than most political hypocrites, I refused to vote for him. 

Well, I wasn't surprised at all when Trump pronounced Hillary and Bill "good people" at his inauguration ceremony.  Trump's Norman-Vincent-Pealeism is a religious fraud dressed up as Christian grace.  Based on the big picture I saw of Trump, I frankly didn't expect him to do what it takes to drain the swamp.  I am now encouraged by the fact that he is probably thinking that he has to do so in order to survive.  (Alas, it might already be too late.)

The American way used to be much, much dirtier than it is now. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 08:20:47 pm »
The American way used to be much, much dirtier than it is now.

Hamilton vs. Burr, anyone?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 09:23:58 pm »
Hamilton vs. Burr, anyone?

JQ Adams vs Old Hickory.  That one always come to my mind too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: