Author Topic: North Korea Plans To Fire Multiple Missiles Into Waters Around Guam  (Read 3602 times)

rangerrebew

North Korea Plans To Fire Multiple Missiles Into Waters Around Guam

Posted By Ryan Pickrell On 6:27 PM 08/09/2017 In | No Comments

North Korea stressed Thursday that President Donald Trump will only learn through a show of force.

Trump is “such a guy bereft of reason and only absolute force can work on him,” North Korean state media reported.

Article printed fromThe Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/09/north-korea-preps-multiple-missiles-for-guam-strike/

Offline Victoria33

Re: North Korea Plans To Fire Multiple Missiles Into Waters Around Guam
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 12:31:25 pm »
@rangerrebew

This is Thursday - the latest from N. Korea is this:

"State-run media warned that North Korea would 'turn the U.S. mainland into the theater of a nuclear war' if it got signs of a possible American attack..."

So, from Guam to the US now.  Got water, food?  Before he was elected, I said Trump would start a war. He can't be controlled.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 12:33:05 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 04:53:42 pm »
It's going to take them days to formulate a plan to miss Guam with four missiles?  Think about how pathetic that is.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 05:22:33 pm »
@rangerrebew

"State-run media warned that North Korea would 'turn the U.S. mainland into the theater of a nuclear war' if it got signs of a possible American attack..."

So, from Guam to the US now.  Got water, food?  Before he was elected, I said Trump would start a war. He can't be controlled.

Trump isn't starting this war.  That honor can go to Clinton/Bush/0bama. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 05:25:22 pm »
Won't that cause the island of Guam to tip over?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 05:33:02 pm »
@rangerrebew

So NK threatens us, just as they have for years, only now they have the capability.  But its Trumps fault?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 05:44:27 pm »
Trump isn't starting this war.  That honor can go to Clinton/Bush/0bama.

Exactly right.   :thumbsup3:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 05:46:23 pm »
Exactly right.   :thumbsup3:

I hate that bitch.

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 05:51:17 pm »

I hate that bitch.

The best thing with her was when she showed up for the Bosnia talks and they told her to leave, because they thought she was the cleaning lady.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 06:13:39 pm »
@rangerrebew

Guam=US territory. Hawaii in 1940s=US territory.  Did you feel the same way toward FDR, when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 06:34:13 pm »
@rangerrebew

I'm not even a fan of Trump, but how can anyone blame him for a dynasty of Kims, who's mortal enemy has always been the United States and Democracy. And military build-up to be able to take on the U.S. begun long before Trump was even doing TV.   Granted, his administration has been far more articulate in their responses to the crisis than he has been, but the blame for this standoff can only be put on one person, and that is the little NK despot. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 06:36:47 pm »
Guam=US territory. Hawaii in 1940s=US territory.  Did you feel the same way toward FDR, when Japan attacked Pearl Harbor?
Well there is that theory about FDR.

Offline kidd

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 08:12:19 pm »
This would be an act of war.
There is no way to know if a "near-miss" is actually an intended hit until it is too late.

Trump would be justified in shooting down every missile that is launched from North Korea from this point further, then taking out the launch sites.
It would be beneficial to have UN backing beforehand, but it is not necessary.

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2017, 08:13:04 pm »
I'm not even a fan of Trump, but how can anyone blame him for a dynasty of Kims, who's mortal enemy has always been the United States and Democracy. And military build-up to be able to take on the U.S. begun long before Trump was even doing TV.   Granted, his administration has been far more articulate in their responses to the crisis than he has been, but the blame for this standoff can only be put on one person, and that is the little NK despot. 

Exactly.  If this turns into a hot war, Trump won't be responsible for that.  He'll be responsible for how he conducts any such war, but he is blameless for the conditions that have brought us to the current state of affairs. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 08:18:22 pm »
Won't that cause the island of Guam to tip over?

Hank Johnson!  Paging Hank Johnson!  Mr. Johnson please pick up the white courtesy phone!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 08:18:50 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 12:12:21 am »
kidd wrote:
"Trump would be justified in shooting down every missile that is launched from North Korea from this point further, then taking out the launch sites.
It would be beneficial to have UN backing beforehand, but it is not necessary."

Exactly.

Perhaps there should be a Trump doctrine:
No more missiles will be permitted to be launched from North Korea, and any that are launched will be intercepted.

And then, just... do it.

If North Korea chooses to escalate -- then it's time for "a big response".

If I was in charge, I'd give orders to the military that North Korean submarines start to simply... disappear without a trace. I'm sure our Navy could manage that.

Offline edpc

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 12:18:21 am »
@kidd
@Fishrrman

We haven't done that, to this point, because China and Russia are monitoring the events.  We don't want to give them free data on our capabilities.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 12:57:08 am »
This would be an act of war.
There is no way to know if a "near-miss" is actually an intended hit until it is too late.

Trump would be justified in shooting down every missile that is launched from North Korea from this point further, then taking out the launch sites.
It would be beneficial to have UN backing beforehand, but it is not necessary.

I think people are wildly overestimating our ABM capability.  Even in highly controlled recent tests, there hasn't been a great success rate.

And if we attempt and miss, that's not good.

Kim's choice of "near-miss" with conventional warheads at Guam is a great choice.   Let's look at our options...

1) Respond by trying to shoot them down.
We'll get partial success, at best.  That just reveals our capability level.  When the remaining missiles splash down off Guam, he can point that out, and point out that he wasn't firing for effect.  Even if we hit them all, jump ahead to our response, below.

2) Don't respond.  Looks bad.  When they splash down not hitting anything, we have to figure out our response.

For our response, strategic nukes are out.  We'd have the condemnation of the world for using strategic nukes on someone who fired conventional warning shots.  Plus, we'd have collateral effects on ROK, PRC, and Japan.

Tactical nukes, similar problems, plus would lack total effectiveness.

Conventional response.  Oh, boy.  At best, we do a bit of damage.  But again, Kim can point out that we responded with live fire to his warning "tests".  What does it really do for us?  Watch for video of all the collateral damage, as weak-minded world opinion turns against us.

I hope Trump doesn't back himself into a corner.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2017, 01:09:38 am »
I think people are wildly overestimating our ABM capability.  Even in highly controlled recent tests, there hasn't been a great success rate.

There are 3 layers of defense between Korea and Guam.  The Aegis cruisers with the SM variants off the Korean coast, Patriot PAC-3 in Japan, and THAAD in Guam.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 01:19:00 am »
There are 3 layers of defense between Korea and Guam.  The Aegis cruisers with the SM variants off the Korean coast, Patriot PAC-3 in Japan, and THAAD in Guam.

Yes, and we will be revealing performance data on whatever engages. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline edpc

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 01:25:37 am »
Yes, and we will be revealing performance data on whatever engages.

Which is why I said what I did in post 16.  The phased array will have good telemetry on the missiles very soon after launch.  The Japanese may engage, because the fight path will be over their territory.  We may or may not, depending on the trajectory.  That, however, doesn't mean there won't be a response.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 02:02:49 am »
Which is why I said what I did in post 16.  The phased array will have good telemetry on the missiles very soon after launch.  The Japanese may engage, because the fight path will be over their territory.  We may or may not, depending on the trajectory.  That, however, doesn't mean there won't be a response.

Yes, we will have to respond, which is a win for DPRK, China, and Russia. By forcing the issue now, there's higher odds of a bug.
+++++++++

Offline edpc

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 02:10:36 am »
Yes, we will have to respond, which is a win for DPRK, China, and Russia.

How so?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 05:02:53 am »
Navy, I am a huge fan of yours. I do not see the wisdom in the remarks made by trump, once again presented in a manner one would expect of a child. Everyone knows the NK despot is a nutcase and a dangerous one at that. He would be responsible for war if he attacked. He has not. It seems our own nutcase, trump is trying to build up the rhetoric to force conflict. The destruction would be devastating in Seoul and possibly Japan. But this is usually (not always) missing in the macho talk we hear from trump supporters in the media. Obviously, NK would be wiped out..but not before hundreds of thousands of innocent deaths. It is not necessary yet. Why use the rhetoric of a massive fiery response if he threatens again? It just eggs on a nutcase....  Guess what.....Pyongyang threatened again...this time Guam.  trump in charge of this crisis is one of many reasons he should not have been elected. Integrity matters....intellect matters....truthfulness matters.....SANITY matters.

Appeasement worked very well in 1938, didn't it.

I've read many remarks like the above, Kim firing missiles towards Japan and threatening all of his neighbors and even some far off countries like Israel, more nearby, Australia even. Oh, but let's find fault with Trump and the McMullin (YES) supporter name calls at Trump.

It's a wonder the appeasers didn't get their way and have us living under the 3rd Reich.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:04:07 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 05:08:26 am »
@rangerrebew

Okay, we got it. Let little Kim fire off missiles at Japan, threaten all of their neighbors but Trump is the one starting a war. Got it.